your daily blog is sponsored by DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS, BOTH IN ABERDEEN….
1. in our “today and yesterday” segment, we feature actress PATRICIA NEAL, who passed away this weekend at the age of 84…frankly, i thought she was older than that…..my favorite role by her was in the 1971 tv show, “THE HOMECOMING…A CHRISTMAS STORY.” she was in many many classic movies like “THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL”, “OPERATION PACIFIC” and “HUD”, which she recieved an oscar for. did you know this? PATRICIA NEAL was offered the lead role in “THE GRADUATE” with DUSTIN HOFFMAN, but turned it down….she fought back from a brain aneurism, and became a legendary actress. here is the late PATRICIA NEAL, in her younger days….
and here she is recently….
2. YOUR CLASSIC COMMERCIAL FOR TODAY:
are they trying to say that ‘dentyne’ can replace toothpaste?
3. YOUR CLASSIC ALBUM COVER FOR TODAY:
it’s “RAY GOODMAN AND BROWN”….not a lot of people had the album, but millions of people had the 45 of their big hit “SPECIAL LADY.”
here’s the video, if you can’t remember the song…
4. well, as i’ve mentioned before, i’m fairly sick of WILL FERRELL…i HATED his movies “STEP BROTHERS” and “TALLADEGA NIGHTS.” JEANNIE said that she was ‘curious’ as to how this movie would be, so last night MITCHELL, JEANNIE AND I, ventured to the theater to see it….WE REALLY ENJOYED IT…WILL’S character wasn’t so ‘over the top’ that it became annoying. it was actually very funny. “THE OTHER GUYS” stars WILL FERRELL, MARK WAHLBERG, EVA MENDES, SAMUEL L. JACKSON, AND DWAYNE JOHNSON. here’s a couple of photos…
the movie is about a “hothead” cop, played by WAHLBERG, and a “nerdy” cop played by FERRELL….they fumble and bumble thru the movies, and of course, become heroes at the end…..it’s pretty funny stuff….FERRELL delivers some really clever, very funny movies….
****BEST PART OF THE MOVIE****
the ending credits….they show how companies in AMERICA have screwed us, and how CEO’S make more than normal people with jobs….very creative….
5. ONE THING I HATE:
walking outdoors at 4:30 in the morning, opening the garage door, and completely walking thru a big spiderweb…that’s a horrible feeling….
6. saturday we were at one of the most perfect wedding days i have ever seen…my nephew COREY married his sweetheart LEAH saturday at BETHLEHEM LUTHERAN in ABERDEEN…we had the reception and dance at THE RAMKOTA, and it was a super super fun day…it was the first time in a long long long time that my beautiful wife and i had the chance to unwind and dance…tremendous fun….
7. the UNIVERSITY OF ROCHESTER found that women find men sexier if they are wearing red…thank goodness i saved that red plaid suit from my high school days…i KNEW it would come back into fashion…
8. british engineers have created a car that runs on methane from human waste…it comes complete with a dog, so you have someone to blame when the car backfires….
9. OPRAH WINFREY has hired ROSIE O’DONNELL to host a new daytime talk show…c’mon OPRAH…this is worse than the time you let KIRSTIE ALLEY show up in a bikini….
10. the bridgestone invitational golf tourney wrapped up on sunday, with TIGER WOODS suffering thru the worst tourney he has ever had….he ended up with a 77….of course, ELAN gets half of that…
11. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Steven Spielberg was busy discussing his new action adventure about famous classical composers. Bruce Willis, Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger were in the room. “Who do you want to play?” Spielberg asked Bruce Willis. “I’ve always been a big fan of Chopin,” said Bruce. “I’ll play him.” “And you, Sylvester?” asked Spielberg. “Mozart’s the one for me!” said Sly. “And what about you?” Spielberg asked Arnold Schwarzenegger. “I’ll be Bach,” said Arnie.
EH..PRETTY LAME, HUH? WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FOR MONDAY? HA HA
HAVE A GREAT DAY…