your daily blog is sponsored by DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS BOTH IN ABERDEEN…
1. I CANNOT BELEIVE THIS…i know we did this before quite a few months ago, but it’s his birthday today, and we have a ton of new viewers who probably never saw this…
PAT HARRINGTON, JR., who played “SCHNEIDER”, on “ONE DAY AT A TIME”, is 81 years old today….81 !!!!!!!! wow….here’s an early picture of PAT, way before the show started…
here he is on the show…..
and here is “SCHNEIDER”, PAT HARRINGTON, JR, today on his 81st birthday….
2. YOUR THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
“why do people who don’t want to go to hell, have themselves buried six feet closer to it?”
3. ALBUM COVER OF THE DAY:
the great comedian STEVE MARTIN turns 65 this weekend….he is truly one of the “geniuses” in the comedy business, and in addition to his comedy, he is an accomplished banjo player, with a new album out….
i thought, for his 65th birthday we would feature STEVE MARTIN’S classic album covers for you…
his first album was “LET’S GET SMALL.”
EVERYBODY had his second album, “WILD AND CRAZY GUY.” it featured “KING TUT.”
his 3rd comedy album was called “COMEDY IS NOT PRETTY.” STEVE is on the cover, and while comedy may not be pretty, he is !!!! ha ha
as i mentioned before, STEVE MARTIN is a brilliant banjo player, and he’s on tour this summer promoting his brand new album of banjo music….trivia for you…did you know that STEVE MARTIN used to fill in for the banjo player with the NITTY GRITTY DIRT BAND, when he couldn’t go on tour…..here’s his brand new album…
3. speaking of STEVE MARTIN, here’s a couple of awesome clips of this man…
the first one is STEVE MARTIN on “LATE NIGHT WITH DAVID LETTERMAN.” the guy is hilarious….
here’s a little bit of STEVE MARTIN with VINCE GILL on STEVE’S debut on the ‘GRAND OLE OPRY’, in NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE..
STEVE MARTIN hates to see himself the way he did his comedy back in the 70’s…he says that he was “so over the top” that he doesn’t like to see it….check this out…STEVE MARTIN “LIVE” doing his 1979 hit “KING TUT.”
4. today is friday the 13th….are you superstitious? i am not…i do know many people, however, that completely are…it doesn’t matter if i walk under a ladder, if a black cat crosses my path, or if i get sandwiched between two heavy people….oh wait, that’s not a superstition….that’s a fantasy….KIDDING…
5. yesterday i talked about the memories that my brother TROY AND I shared in BRITTON the other day when we toured the STRAND THEATER…when we lived in BRITTON as youngsters, MOM AND DAD used to let us walk uptown BY OURSELVES to the movie…it was the ultimate feeling of freedom for 2nd and 3rd graders…but here’s a couple of things that bothered me…
****during “santa clause days”, we would walk out of the theater and SANTA CLAUS would be sitting right by the door…scared the crap out of us every year….they could have had him a bit further down the carpeting so we could see him…ha ha
****when there was no money to go to a movie, DAD would say, “JUST RELAX, YOU CAN GO TO THE MOVIE ON THE SECOND TUESDAY OF NEXT WEEK.” we’d get all excited and leave him along….until a couple of years later when we found out what he was REALLY saying…then we weren’t too happy…..
6. WASHINGTON REDSKINS VS. BUFFALO BILLS TONIGHT ON THE NFL NETWORK AT 6PM…i’m busy until 8…BUT GUESS WHO’ HAS THE DVR SET FOR TONIGHT?
7. AL QAEDA is asking for financial donations…they tried holding a car wash, but they kept blowing up in thier faces….
8. a PENNSYLVANIA woman is suing DISNEY for over FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS, claiming that she suffered injury, emotional anguish, and post traumatic stress disorder, after an employee dressed as DONALD DUCK groped her breasts…DONALD DUCK? she should be damn glad she didn’t run into the SEVEN DWARFS…
9. a man from BOSTON was rushed to the hospital with breathing problems, and doctors found that a pea had gone down the wrong pipe and SPROUTED into a plant in his lung….and you don’t even want to know where a corn stalk is growing….
10. the FBI finally captured the so called “GRANDDAD BANDIT” who is suspected of robbing 25 banks in 13 states over the past two years…he was nabbed when he tripped making a getaway, and accidentally set off his life alert bracelet…hee hee
11. SHOWTIME has a new comedy series debuting on monday about CANCER…yeah, a COMEDY ABOUT CANCER….the lead character is diagnosed with terminal stage four melanoma….OH NOW, I GET WHY IT’S A COMEDY….yep, i thought it was hilarious when my GRANDMA and my FATHER IN LAW died of cancer….what a stupid idea for a show…
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A man is sitting at the bar in his local tavern, furiously imbibing shots of whiskey. One of his friends happens to come into the bar and sees him.
“Lou,” says the shocked friend, “what are you doing? I’ve known you for over fifteen years, and I’ve never seen you take a drink before. What’s going on?”
Without even taking his eyes off his newly filled shot glass, the man replies, “My wife just ran off with my best friend.”
He then throws back another shot of whisky in one gulp.
“But,” says the other man, “I’M your best friend!”
The man turns to his friend, looks at him through bloodshot eyes, smiles, then points to the guy across the room with his wife and says, “Not anymore! … HE is!”
HAVE A SUPER DUPER WEEKEND..