your daily blog is sponsored by DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS, BOTH IN ABERDEEN…
1. IT’S TANEA DAY ON THE RADIO…i’m pretty excited about this whole deal today….it’s been YEARS since TANEA AND I did any radio together, and we talked last night at the BROWN COUNTY FAIR, and both are extremely excited…i hope it went well…ha ha
this is yours truly and TANEA a few years back….
this is TANEA’S baby picture….hee hee
and this is mine…hmm…which one is cuter…
and this is me when i found out that TANEA was going to be on the show…
AS YOU CAN TELL, I WAS PRETTY DARN EXCITED…
2. in our “today and yesterday” segment, believe it or not, “RHODA” star VALERIE HARPER is 70 this weekend…SEVENTY…wow…here’s VALERIE HARPER back on the show….
this picture features VALERIE HARPER, NANCY WALKER, AND JULIE KAVNER, who today, plays the voice of MARGE SIMPSON, on “THE SIMPSON’S.”
here’s VALERIE HARPER today at 70….
3. quick review of last night’s brown county fair….JOE DIFFIE-AWESOME…CLAY WALKER-GOOD….
JOE DIFFIE came out and rocked the house with great songs like “NEXT THING SMOKIN'”, “JOHN DEERE GREEN”, “PROP ME UP BESIDE THE JUKEBOX” and many more…he was funny, entertaining and should have closed the night….
CLAY WALKER did a great job. it seemed to me like his battle with MS may be playing a part in his show, because he didn’t seemed as excited as he was when i saw him years ago….CLAY did his great songs like “LIVE, LAUGH, AND LOVE”, “THEN WHAT”, and my personal favorite “DREAMING WITH MY EYES WIDE OPEN.”
tonight: JAKE OWEN…not going…have wedding rehearsal…probably wouldn’t go anyway…no idea who the guy is…i’ve fallen really far away from the new country music, because…well…i just don’t care for it….I’M A TRADITIONAL COUNTRY MAN…give me ALAN JACKSON, GEORGE STRAIT, BRAD PAISLEY….HANK WILLIAMS, GEORGE JONES…MERLE HAGGARD, CHARLEY PRIDE, and others….that would make me happy….
4. in the AMERICAN NEWS, they critique some of the food from the BROWN COUNTY FAIR. here’s what i had yesterday:
pork loin sandwich from FROHLINGS….incredible…i’ve never ever been disappointed with any food from FROHLINGS…
elephant ear-the perfect nightcap for a perfect night with my wife and brother and sister in law…nice and sugary and warm…just the way i like it….
5. PRETTY PUMPED UP….our FANTASY FOOTBALL DRAFT is one week from this sunday…..let the studying up begin….I LIVE FOR THE DRAFT, AND FOR PLAYING FANTASY FOOTBALL…
6. there’s rumors circulating that DOLLY PARTON may join KENNY ROGERS on stage saturday night, because she “supposedly” shows up on his birthday concerts, which is saturday….we’ve heard rumors before about “so and so” showing up to perform with the headliner at the BCF, but nobody ever showed…i doubt this will happen, but if anyone could pull this off, it’s DOLLY PARTON.
7. a new TIME MAGAZINE poll found that 24 percent of people polled think that PRESIDENT OBAMA is a MUSLIM…of course, these are the same people that thought BRETT FAVRE was actually going to retire…
8. the egg recall has expanded to 380 MILLION EGGS…to put that into perspective, that’s about ONE THIRD of the OCTOMOM’S eggs….
9. it looks like STEVEN TYLER from the band “AEROSMITH” will definetly be a new AMERICAN IDOL judge….but instead of voting off the contestants, he will just shove them off the edge of the stage…
10. during a bullfight in SPAIN, a bull jumped into the crowd and injured 40 people….it was for similar reasons that “THE VIEW” had to fire ROSIE O’DONNELL…
11. JOKE OF THE DAY:
An elderly couple were driving across the country. The woman was driving when she got pulled over by the highway patrol.
The officer said, “Ma’am did you know you were speeding?”
The woman, hard of hearing, turned to her husband and asked, “What did he say?”
The old man yelled, “He says you were speeding!”
The patrolman said, “May I see your license?”
The woman turned to her husband once again and asked, “What did he say?”
The old man yelled, “He wants to see your license!”
The woman gave the officer her license. The patrolman then said, “I see you are from Arkansas. I spent some time there once and went on a blind date with the ugliest woman I’ve ever seen.”
The woman turned to her husband and asked, “What did he say?”
The old man yells, “He said he thinks he knows you.”
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND…