your daily blog is sponsored by DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS, BOTH IN ABERDEEN.
1. in your “celebrity birthdays” today, we salute actress BARBARA EDEN, who played “JEANNIE”, on “I DREAM OF JEANNIE.” believe it or not, she is 76 years old today….here she is, back in the day…she was a sexy sexy woman……
here is BARBARA EDEN today on her 76th birthday….
2. YOUR THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
“do cows have calf muscles?”
3. FRIDAY WAS AWESOME…..i had so much fun on the radio friday with the “reunion show” WITH JAY AND TANEA….TANEA was a blast, and it brought back so so so many memories…..i wish we could do it again, but it’s impossible….thanks for the numerous comments over the weekend. all of you seemed to really enjoy it….TANEA and her husband JOSH come down every year for the BROWN COUNTY FAIR, so maybe we can make it an annual event to have her do a couple shows with me in AUGUST….here are a couple of pictures from friday….TANEA was “camera happy”…ha ha…..she took one of me blabbing on the air…
TANEA, also took one of herself, looking at herself on the video screen…ha ha
and here we are together, one more time…
TANEA, thanks for five wonderful years on the radio, and working with you on the DANCING JUKEBOX….they are certainly memories that i will never forget, and i would jump at the chance to do it again….
and here’s one of TANEA and her husband JOSH, whom she is so so so happy with…and we’re happy for them….they live up in JAMESTOWN, where TANEA manages a few radio stations…way to go girl….
4. WHAT A DAY YESTERDAY, TOO….
JEANNIE AND I spent a very hot sunday at the ABERDEEN AQUATIC CENTER…this was my first visit there, and JEANNIE’S second….I WISH THAT I WOULD HAVE GONE ALL YEAR LONG…what a wonderful wonderful place…..why haven’t i gone before? because i figured it’s more for kids…but i was wrong…plus, i didn’t want to be seen without my shirt on until i lose some weight. but you really don’t care once you get there….the waterslides were incredibly fun…the middle one SHOOTS you down in complete darkness until you hit the water…kind of took my breath away…….
5. this is extremely cool….our own sports direction, JOSH BERTACCINI is a finalist to win a spot doing sports on SIRIUS radio in NEW YORK CITY….he’s a semifinalist and he’ll find out in early SEPTEMBER if he’s a finalist…..i CERTAINLY don’t want to see JOSH leave our radio station, but man, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity….i wish him the best of luck, and i really really think that he will win…i’m looking forward to the time i can listen to JOSH on ESPN RADIO…it’s coming….
6. we didn’t catch a movie this weekend, because we were a bit busy…but there’s a movie that i kind of want to see…i’m a HUGE fan of the “parody movies”, which make fun of hit movies….i love “sight gags”, and “puns.” there’s a new movie called “VAMPIRES SUCK”, which makes fun of the “TWILIGHT” series movies…nobody else in my house wants to go, so i’ll probably go some afternoon after work….here’s the poster…
7. the new “OXFORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY” has accepted the word “vuvuzela” into the language….remember these horns from the WORLD CUP? annoying….the definition in the dictionary is as follows:
VUVUZELA- “A LONG, LOUD, SOUTH AFRICAN HORN THAT IS OFTEN FOUND SHOVED UP THE REAR END OF SOMEONE WHO WON’T STOP BLOWING IT.”
8. IRAN has started it’s first nuclear reactor on saturday…they maintain that it’s for “peaceful purposes.” of course, i would have felt a lot better if they hadn’t named it “operation doomsday.”
9. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A man is walking down the street one day when he notices a very small boy trying to press a doorbell on a house across the street. However, the boy is very small and the doorbell is too high for him to reach. After watching the boy’s efforts for some time, the man moves closer to the boy’s position.
He steps smartly across the street, walks up behind the little fellow and, placing his hand kindly on the child’s shoulder, leans over and gives the doorbell a solid ring.
Crouching down to the child’s level, the man smiles benevolently and asks, “And now what, my little man?”
The boy replies, “Now we run!”
HAVE A GREAT MONDAY EVERYBODY…