your daily blog is sponsored by DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS, BOTH IN ABERDEEN….
****REMEMBER, MY FRIENDS, YOU CAN ALWAYS CONTACT ME WITH THOUGHTS, COMMENTS, CRITICISM, OR WHATEVER….(WAIT, NO CRITICISM…HA HA)…..MY E-MAIL IS:
1. in our “today and yesterday” segment, we feature the beautiful CANDACE CAMERON BURE…..of course, BURE, is her married name, but CANDACE is fondly remembered as the oldest child, D.J. TANNER on “FULL HOUSE.” believe it or not, CANDANCE CAMERON IS 34 YEARS OLD….WOW….here she is back on her younger days…..including one with her TV siblings….(JODY SWEETIN, AND MARY KATE AND ASHLEY OLSEN)….
here is CANDACE CAMERON today at 34….
of course, she’s the sister of KIRK CAMERON from “GROWING PAINS.” (but KIRK has never looked THIS GOOD…)
it’s amazing how one show has spawned FOUR TOTALLY BEAUTIFUL WOMEN….here’s JODIE SWEETIN, who played the middle daughter, STEPHANIE TANNER…she’s now 28 years old and a COMPLETE KNOCKOUT…
and of course, we know the OLSEN TWINS, MARY KATE AND ASHLEY….they haven’t left the “celebrity news” since they played the very cute MICHELLE TANNER on “FULL HOUSE.” here they are today at 24….
2. THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
“there are three rules to having a fantastic morning show…of course, for me, nobody has told me what they are.”
3. ALBUM COVER OF THE DAY:
this is MEN AT WORK’S second album called “CARGO.” it featured the hits “IT’S A MISTAKE” and “OVERKILL.”
here’s the video from 1983 of their hit “OVERKILL”…
and here’s a video of their hit “IT’S A MISTAKE.”
4. i forgot to tell you a couple of weeks ago….my church softball team from ST. JOHN’S LUTHERAN CHURCH IN HECLA, had a very mediocre year in church league…i beleive we went 5-5…..HOWEVER, when the church league tournament rolled around, WE WON IT ALL….yepper…we beat the number one team in the league not once, BUT TWICE…even ten running them in one game….COOL…nice suprise…
5. well, the emotions start today…our son MITCHELL, has the first day of his senior year at good ole WARNER HIGH SCHOOL…we’ll have empty nest syndrome starting next year at this time…i’m not ready….
6. the debate continues all over the world on this “mosque” being built near the WORLD TRADE CENTER in NEW YORK CITY…what’s my take? i’m all for religious freedom, but there HAS TO BE some other location a few miles away from that site, doesn’t there? emotions will run high, and this could be not very good news for the mosque if it gets built there…..pick a different spot, and EVERYBODY will be happy….i’ve been watching coverage on the news, and even some of the “high up” MUSLIM leaders say it should be built elsewhere….
7. speaking of NEW YORK CITY, there’s an outbreak of “bedbug” infestations…..it’s so bad that WILLIAM SHATNER AND DONALD TRUMP have hired the ORKIN MAN to spray under their hairpieces…..hmmm..i always thought the saying “don’t let the bedbugs bite” was just something parents said…..
8. surgeries that are being performed on organs by going thru THE MOUTH, are on the increase…isn’t that odd? surgeries thru the mouth, yet we pay thru the nose!!!!
9. two IOWA farms have recalled more than a HALF BILLION EGGS because of possible salmonella poisoning…..hey, i’ve come up with a new egg slogan…how’s this:
“IF YOU WANT TO MAKE AN OMELET, YOU MAY HAVE TO VOMIT.”
10. 82 year old broadcaster VIN SCULLY will return for his 62nd year of broadcasting LOS ANGELES DODGERS baseball games…wow….another six years, and he’ll be able to host SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE…
11. music producer SWIZZ BEATZ says that marrying singer ALICIA KEYS was a blessing…umm..he was just quoting his accountant…
12. JOKE OF THE DAY: (I LOVE THIS ONE)
a man is at work one day when he notices his co-worker wearing an earring….the man knows that his co-worker is a very conservative man, so he walks up to find out why he started wearing an earring. the man walks up to him and asks, “why the heck did you start wearing an earring?” the man said, “don’t make such a big deal out of it…it’ s just an earring.” his friend asked, “so, how long have you been wearing one.” the man answered, “ever since my wife found one in my truck.”
HA HA HA HA
ENJOY YOUR TUESDAY EVERYBODY…