today’s daily blog is sponsored by DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS, BOTH IN ABERDEEN….
1. today we’re going to salute the “kids” from “THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES.” of course, they’re not kids anymore…not by a longshot….LADIES FIRST…..actress DONNA DOUGLAS played “ELLY MAE” on “THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES.” here’s beautiful picture of her back on the show….
here’s DONNA DOUGLAS today…she is 76 years old…
actor MAX BAER, JR., played “JETHRO BODINE”, on the show…MAX is a multi millionaire businessman today….huge in LAS VEGAS….here’s MAX BAER, JR., as we remember him on the show…..
and here he is today at the age of 72….
2. CLASSIC COMMERCIAL FOR TODAY:
here’s a cool saturday morning cartoon commercial break from 1977, featuring “JOHNNY QUEST.” i actually remember these commercials…see if you do….
3. singer LAURA BRANNIGAN died on this date in 2004 at the age of 47 due to a brain anaurysm….tragic and early end to a great singer….as a tribute to her, here’s a “live” 1989 performing of her number one hit, “GLORIA.”
4. THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
“i just found out yesterday that i have “FURNITURE DISEASE.” that’s where your chest falls into your drawers.”
5. i feel for the area kids…i used to HATE the first week of school. normally it was super duper hot, and our schools back then certainly didn’t have air conditioning. i remember sitting in the classroom at good ole LANGFORD HIGH SCHOOL, with the windows open, and warm air being blown into the classroom. then i’d get tired from the heat, close my eyes and take a snooze, then get yelled at…ha ha….by the way, the greatest line ever given to me in school? my history teacher told me as i was looking out the window, “JAY, PAY ATTENTION…RIGHT NOW YOU’RE ABOUT AS FAR AWAY FROM HERE AS YOUR GRADE IS FROM AN “A”…..classic…..
6. the greatest thing about this weather and getting back to school? playing softball in PHY.ED….used to love that…hated dodgeball, because i always took one to the face….no matter where i went, or what i did, i took one of those big red balls right to the face…….and i was always the last one picked…..even the girl that weighed 400 pounds and only had one leg and one arm got picked before me….okay, maybe i made the last part up, but i was one of the last ones picked….even my best friend JASON wouldn’t pick me to be on his team until the end of the lineup….talk about creating anxiety in a young boy…..ha ha
7. DAN QUAYLE’S son BEN QUAYLE won a GOP congressional nomination in ARIZONA out of a field of ten candidates…or as his dad DAN put it, “he beat out six other people.”
8. this week, IRAN began fueling it’s first nuclear plant. the UNITED STATES fired back by buying two IOWA egg farms….
9. PARIS HILTON tweeted from her house that a guy was trying to break in…this was quite a change for PARIS, because normally a guy is trying to BREAK OUT of her house….
10. LINDSAY LOHAN was released from rehab yesterday after serving just 23 days of her 90 day sentence…why 23 days? because that’s exactly how long it takes her movies to go from the theaters to DVD…
11. a new study says that chronic fatigue syndrome may be linked to a virus found in mice…no way…then how do you explain SPEEDY GONZALEZ?
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Two fellows from Mississippi were sitting around talking one afternoon.
After a while the first fellow says to the second, “If’n I was to sneak over to your trailer Saturday and make love to your wife while you was off huntin’, and she got pregnant and had a baby, would that make us kin?”
The second fellow crooked his head sideways for a minute, scratched his head, and squinted his eyes thinking real hard about the question.
Finally, he says, “Well, I don’t know about that, but it sure would make us even.”
THAT’S IT FOR TODAY…ENJOY YOUR THURSDAY…