DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS OF ABERDEEN, both bring you today’s daily blog…make sure to thank them…
1. IT’S STARSKY AND HUTCH TIME…..remember that great show from the 70’s? STARSKY AND HUTCH starred DAVID SOUL and PAUL MICHAEL GLASER….let’s find out what they ‘ve been up to….first of all, let’s do a team picture…..
here’s DAVID SOUL back on the show…
and here’s DAVID SOUL today at the tender age of 66…..
here’s PAUL MICHAEL GLASER years ago…
and here he is today at the age of 67….
and here’s one of both of the boys recently….
2. TRIVIA TIME….
DAVID SOUL, not only appeared on “STARSKY AND HUTCH”, but also had a massive number one hit in 1976…remember what it was? it was the super ballad “DON’T GIVE UP ON US”, which turned out to be one of the biggest selling singles of 1976…here’s the video of DAVID SOUL singing his big hit….
3. makes me sad that summer is almost over, and last night was, i believe, the FIRST TIME that we have pulled out the ping pong table…..we played a few games last night, and i cannot believe how far my wife has come in ping pong…..i used to “clean her clock”, but now she’s right there with me, even winning once in awhile…you see, my brother TROY AND I played ping pong all the time when we were kids, while we played at our grandparent’s house in BRITTON…and in college, we had a ping pong table at KRAMER HALL at NSU…so we played all the time there, too….but you see, JEANNIE is naturally talented at sports, so she doesn’t need years of practice…..i’d say by next summer she will OWN ME…
4. this was voted the funniest EUROPEAN commercial of 2005….see what you think…
5. i am a huge huge huge fan of horror movies, and so are my sons TYLER AND MITCHELL…but we are kind of freaking out about going to the new movie called “THE LAST EXORCISM”….it starts tonight at CARMIKE, and we’re planning on seeing it, but it looks so damn scary….
we’re planning on going tonight, but we’ll have to see…if i do see it, you’ll get a full critique on monday….if i don’t have a heart attack during the movie!!!!
6. YEAH..IT’S FANTASY FOOTBALL DRAFT TIME….i have two drafts coming up…sunday will be my “family league” draft at our house, and next wednesday it’s the radio station draft here at the station….MY FAVORITE TIME OF THE YEAR IS HERE, BABY….
7. a man in FLORIDA was arrested after getting into a profanity-laced argument with his BICYCLE….YES, HIS BICYCLE…it all started when his bike flipped him off…..
8. SALT LAKE CITY man was arrested for shooting his company’s computer server….good luck finding 12 jurors who don’t sympathize with that feeling!!!
9. a man in GERMANY was shot in the head and didn’t notice it for FIVE YEARS…it’s a strange weird story, but doctor’s say the man is keeping an open mind….(oooohhh, that was bad.)
10. TLC has a new show featuring a couple and their SIX CHILDREN…these parents have to change FIFTY DIAPERS A DAY….which is the same thing they have to do on “60 MINUTES.”
11. NFL owners are pushing to move to an 18 game season and do away with a couple of pre season games….instead of having practice games, each team will just have to play THE DETROIT LIONS…. (sorry BRI….yep, beleive it or not, someone does like the LIONS.)
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A devoted wife had spent her lifetime taking care of her husband.
When he was slipping in and out of a coma for several months, she stayed by his bedside every single day. When he came to, he motioned for her to come nearer.
As she sat by him, he said, “You know what? You have been with me all through the bad times. When I got fired, you were there to support me. When my business failed, you were there. When I got shot, you were by my side. When we lost the house, you gave me support. When my health started failing, you were still by my side. You know what?”
“What, dear?” his wife asked gently.
“I think you bring me bad luck.”
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYBODY..