DAKOTA HOT TUBS, AND DISCOUNT VAC both bring you today’s blog…make sure to stop and thank them for doing this….
1. BARRY GIBB is celebrating a birthday today. the oldest brother of the BEE GEE’S is 64 today……i don’t know if you know this or not, but i’m A HUGE BEE GEES FAN….and i’m said that brother MAURICE died, because now i probably won’t get a chance to see them. however, i have a DVD of their “comeback” concert in LAS VEGAS from a few years back, and it is AWESOME…here’s birthday boy BARRY GIBB years ago….
of course, we have to do a picture of the brothers from the disco days….
and here’s BARRY GIBB today at 64….the first one is with OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN….(i wonder why i’m using that one..ha ha)
here’s BARRY and the boys singing “WORDS” from their 1997 concert in LAS VEGAS….
this video was taken from the last appearance by brother MAURICE before he passed away suddenly…its the BEE GEES performing “HOW DEEP IS YOUR LOVE.”
2. YOUR THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
“if a criminal robbed a dance club and yelled “EVERYBODY GET DOWN”, would everybody start dancing?”
3. YOUR CLASSIC COMMERCIAL:
SONNY goes bowling on a classic “COCOA PUFFS” commercial from 1979…
4. well, the day started good today as i was working out at 3:30am, trying to get back in shape…then i get a call after that to tell me that my GRANDPA died this morning…..it’s a sad day…..i have lots of memories of my GRANDPA, as i spent a ton of time with him and GRANDMA in VEBLEN when i was younger….i remember checking out fields while doing about 70mph down the highway…ha ha…..GRANDPA used to work at CENEX in VEBLEN, and when i was small, i used to get to go on service calls with him. that was cool…he was also a fireman in VEBLEN, and i used to love watching him run to the fire department when the whistle went off….i love you GRANDPA and i’ll never forget your kind nature, and the love you gave your family…i will miss you…..say ‘hi’ to GRANDMA for me….
5. man, if i’m going to get up at 3AM to work out, i’m going to need to go to bed earlier than 11…..i get exhausted by noon each day….although, i’m used to getting about four to five hours of sleep a night. i’ve lived on that for years…
6. a new study claims that heavy drinkers outlive non-drinkers. especially if non-drinkers throw out the drinks of heavy drinkers.
7. NEW YORK approved textbooks that some say twist the facts about our founding fathers…for example, not a lot of people knew that THOMAS JEFFERSON owned a dry cleaning business with his wife WHEEZIE…(and they were movin’ on up, to the east side.)
8. PARIS HILTON is now claiming that she thought the cocaine that police found in her purse was actually CHEWING GUM…wow….police have now asked PARIS to take a DUMB DETECTOR TEST…
9. TIGER WOODS is reportedly dating a woman in her mid 50’s….or as she’s called “way over par.”
10. JOKE OF THE DAY:
One day, a cat dies of natural causes and goes to heaven, where he meets the Lord Himself.
The Lord says to the cat, “You lived a good life, and if there is any way I can make your stay in heaven more comfortable, please let me know.”
The cat thinks for a moment and says, “Lord, all my life I have lived with a poor family and had to sleep on a hard wooden floor.”
The Lord stops the cat and says, “Say no more,” and a wonderful, fluffy pillow appears.
A few days later, six mice are killed in a tragic farming accident, and all of them go to heaven.
Again, the Lord is there to greet them with the same offer.
The mice answer, “All our lives we have been chased.
We have had to run from cats, dogs, and even women with brooms.
Running, running, running; we’re tired of running.
Do you think we could have roller skates so that we don’t have to run anymore?”
The Lord says, “Say no more” and fits each mouse with beautiful new roller skates.
Week later, the Lord stops by to see the cat and finds him snoozing on the pillow.
The Lord gently wakes the cat and asks him, “How are things since you got here?”
The cat stretches and yawns, then replies, “It is wonderful here.
Better than I could have ever expected. And those ‘Meals On Wheels’ you’ve been sending by are the best!”
HAVE A HAPPY WEDNESDAY EVERYBODY…