DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS BOTH IN ABERDEEN bring you today’s daily blog…
1. today in our “yesterday and today” segment, we feature actor GEORGE KENNEDY….he starred in great movies like “AIRPORT”, “COOL HAND LUKE”, and the “NAKED GUN” series….here’s GEORGE KENNEDY from years past…the first one is with PAUL NEWMAN in “COOL HAND LUKE.”
and here’s GEORGE KENNEDY today at the age of 85….
2. YOUR CLASSIC COMMERCIAL FOR TODAY:
“thanks for the gumball”….man, i wanted one of these SO BAD when i was a kid….can you imagine? a gum machine at my disposal? plus a bank to hold my pennies? INCREDIBLE…
3. all this week, i’ll be featuring the band “SWEET” on my “FORGOTTEN 45’S” around 7:35am each day….”SWEET” had such great classics as “LOVE IS LIKE OXYGEN”, “LITTLE WILLY”, “FOX ON THE RUN” and many others….here they are back in the 70’s….NICE OUTFITS….
and here they are today…STILL TOURING…
here’s a video of today’s FORGOTTEN 45….here’s “SWEET” performing thier top ten hit “FOX ON THE RUN.”
4. OOOPPSEY DAISY!!!!!!!
there’s a mistake in the celebrity section of the “AMERICAN NEWS”….i know it’s not the “NEWS” fault, because it’s probably sent in nationally, but too bad someone didn’t catch it…..it’s a story about the “JERRY LEWIS TELETHON” that wrapped up yesterday….of course, we all know that the telethon is hosted yearly by comedian JERRY LEWIS, not singer JERRY LEE LEWIS…but yet, the picture is wrong…..wow….
this is for you “young uns” out there…the telethon is hosted by THIS GUY…
NOT THIS GUY….
5. last night, JEANNIE, MITCHELL, AND I went to see the new movie called “GOING THE DISTANCE” starring real life loves JUSTIN LONG, AND DREW BARRYMORE…
***REMEMBER, THIS IS ONE MAN’S OPINION…****
JEANNIE AND MITCHELL really liked the movie….I DID NOT…it seemed rather slow and corny, and extremely dirty…..and it’s not a good thing when the co-stars of the show OUTSHINE the headliners….i truly beleive that JUSTIN LONG’S roommate on the movie was a better part in the movie than JUSTIN’S….and CHRISTINA APPLEGATE ran circle around DREW BARRYMORE in my opinion……and by the way, CHRISTINA APPLEGATE is 10 times more beautiful than DREW….and i do think DREW is pretty…..i’m kind of lukewarm on this movie…doesn’t mean you shouldn’t see it, though…you’ll probably like it….
6. BRING ON THE FOOTBALL BABY….the NFL starts thursday night when the MINNESOTA VIKINGS have a rematch with the NEW ORLEANS SAINTS….but in my estimation, the biggest game of the weekend, is a classic rivalry sunday night between my WASHINGTON REDSKINS and the much hated DALLAS COWBOYS…..can’t wait to see that game….
it’s DONOVAN MCNABB’S first game as a REDSKIN and it’s always a battle when these two teams play…..
7. well, we had my GRANDPA’S funeral on saturday, and everything went great…my brothers TROY TREVOR and myself, sang two songs at the funeral…we haven’t sang together in about five years, but our “three part harmony” clicked right in when we started practicing….at first, we didn’t sound very good, but eventually we got it….we sang “HOW GREAT THOU ART”, and “HERE I AM LORD.” GRANDPA loved those songs, and i’m sure he heard them……I LOVE YOU GRANDPA….
8. PRESIDENT OBAMA said that he will stimulate the economy more by calling for spending FIFTY BILLION DOLLARS on roads and runways….that way it will make it much easier to get to the unemployment offices…..
9. i love the colors of fall….the red and yellow leaves, the orange of PARIS HILTON’S prison jumpsuit…
10. speaking of PARIS HILTON, there’s more trouble for her this morning….apparently she may owe a movie company over $160,000 dollars for not promoting her movie flop “PLEDGE THIS.” film producers have told her that “THIS IS THE LAST STRAW.” PARIS recommended they roll up a dollar bill instead.
11. country super duo BROOKS AND DUNN have ended thier 20 year musical partnership…NICE GOING YOKO!!!!
12. a new study says that your stress level can be accurately measured by the hair on your head…that’s weird…i always thought it was measured by the hair that WAS NOT on your head…
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Two men died and went to Heaven. St. Peter greeted them, and said “I’m sorry, gentlemen, but your mansions aren’t ready yet. Until they are, I can send you back to Earth as whatever you want to be.”
“Great!” said the first guy, “I want to be an eagle soaring above beautiful scenery!”
“No problem,” replied St. Peter, and POOF! The guy was gone. “And what do you want to be,” St. Peter asked the other guy.
“I’d like to be one cool stud!” was the reply.
“Easy,” replied St. Peter, and the other guy was gone.
After a few months, their mansions were finished, and St. Peter sent an angel to fetch them back. “You’ll find them easily,” he says, “One of them is soaring above the Grand Canyon, and the other one is on a snow tire somewhere in Detroit!”
HAVE A GREAT TUESDAY EVERYBODY…