today’s daily blog sponsored again by DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS, BOTH IN ABERDEEN….
1. whatever happened to EB from “GREEN ACRES”? remember him? he was the nitwit friend of EDDIE ALBERT’S character on the show….TOM LESTER played EB, and we thought we’d feature him today…here’s EB on the show, back in the 60’s….
and here’s TOM LESTER today at the age of 72…he’s a well known evangelist today…
2. YOUR CLASSIC COMMERCIAL FOR TODAY:
remember when the PEANUTS gang were advertising for DOLLY MADISON? check it out…
3. YOUR THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
why didn’t NOAH swap those two mosquitos? and why didn’t he “accidently” step on the two mice?
4. DILEMA DILEMA DILEMA….thursday night i don’t know what to do. it’s anther classic volleyball match in WARNER with number one and defending state champion WARNER MONARCHS taking on their arch rivals, number two in the state NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS…..plus the MINNESOTA VIKINGS PLAY THE NEW ORLEANS SAINTS in the opening of the NFL season…..i have NO IDEA what i’m going to do.
5. we had a power outage this morning at the station for about 25 minutes…it’s amazing how many times a guy will flip the light switches on, even though you know they won’t work!!!!
6. I’VE CREATED A MONSTER…a few years back, i was given a ping pong table by my family, because i LOVE playing the game…so, i have taught JEANNIE how to play ping pong, and truly, it was among the only things i could beat her at…well, not anymore…i cannot believe how good she’s gotten at the sport. she keeps right up with me, and beats me most of the time now….look what i’ve done….
7. in a speech, PRESIDENT OBAMA said that republicans talk about him like a dog….then he walked around the podium three times and laid down….
8. the author who moved next to SARAH PALIN in WASILLA, ALASKA is packing up and moving on. he got tired of SARAH ringing his door bell at three in the morning trying to borrow a cup of moose lard….
9. officials in NEW ZEALAND said that a recent earthquake has shifted the earth’s surface ELEVEN FEET to the right…that’s good news for me….here i thought my car was out of alignment.
10. YAHOO SPORTS claims that HEISMAN TROPHY officials have decided to make REGGIE BUSH the first winner to ever have to return his trophy for taking gifts in violation of NCAA rules…TAKING GIFTS? AND O.J SIMPSON IS ALLOWED TO KEEP HIS TROPHY?
11. former flight attendant STEVE SLATER was scheduled to be in court yesterday to talk about his infamous meltdown…he pleaded guilty, and bail was set, because the judge considered him a “flight risk.”
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
The tired doctor was awakened by a phone call in the middle of the night. “Please, you have to come right over,” pleaded the distraught young mother. “My child has swallowed a contraceptive.”
The physician dressed quickly; but before he could get out the door, the phone rang again.
“You don’t have to come over after all,” the woman said with a sigh of relief. “My husband just found another one.”
WOW…HEY HAVE A GREAT WEDNESDAY…