DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS IN ABERDEEN bring you today’s daily blog!!! make sure to stop and thank them…
1. veteran actor CLIFF ROBERTSON turns 87 years old today….and still working the circuit around HOLLYWOOD…you may remember CLIFF ROBERTSON for great roles on the movie “CHARLY” which won him an academy award!! CLIFF also appeared as SPIDERMAN’S uncle in the new “SPIDERMAN” movies…..he also was in “MIDWAY”, “FALCON CREST”, AND “THREE DAYS ON THE CONDOR”…. here’s CLIFF ROBERTSON as we remember him from year’s ago…
and here’s CLIFF ROBERTSON today on his 87th birthday….i believe the first one is with his wife….
2. YOUR THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
“why do most drug stores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions, while the healthy can buy cigarettes right in the front of the store?”
3. YOUR CLASSIC COMMERCIAL FOR TODAY:
man, is this a classic….CLARA PELLER and “WHERE’S THE BEEF”, a 1984 commercial for WENDY’S….
4. well, i fixed my dilema from yesterday…remember, i couldn’t decide what to do tonight between volleyball and the NFL? here’s what i’m going to do…..i’m definetly going to watch #1 WARNER play #2 NORTHWESTERN in volleyball, and i’ll stand by the coaches room to watch the game on the tv….i’m sure i’ll be watching with my brother TROY and some other folks who can’t wait for the NFL to begin tonight….
5. who the heck came up with the saying, “BLESS YOUR PEA PICKIN’ HEART.” and what the heck does it mean? i know that TENNESSEE ERNIE FORD used to say it, but i’ve always wondered why…
6. REALLY? PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY IN THE SAME JAR? REALLY? is that really necessary? i’ve always wondered how lazy a person has to be to use that product of peanut butter and jelly in the same jar…..well, for lazy people you only have to open up one jar instead of two…ha ha
7. a documentary reveals that during a call on 9-11, CONDOLEEZZA RICE angrily shouted at PRESIDENT BUSH….she had to….he was speaking in the wrong end of the phone…
8. NEWSWEEK has an article suggesting that AMERICA “overreacted” on 9-11….NEWSWEEK had better hope that AMERICANS don’t “overreact”to that article….
9. in ENGLAND, there is now a “ROLLING STONES” version of MONOPOLY….there originally was an “AEROSMITH” version, but STEVEN TYLER’S piece kept falling off the board…..
10. a GERMAN toymaker has unveiled a line of cuddly toys with “psychiatric disorders.” there’s a turtle with severe depression, a crocodile with a fear of water, and my personal favorite, the “TICKLE ME LOHAN ” doll….
11. a farmer from KENTUCKY said that some of his corn actually popped on the stalk….okay, maybe we need to take this “global warming” thing a bit more serious…ha ha
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
One day, three boys were walking over a bridge when they heard a guy yelling for help.
It was O.J. SIMPSON . He was drowning, and the three boys rescued him.
He thanked them dearly and promised them whatever they wanted as a reward.
The first boy wanted $10,000, so O.J. gave him the money.
The second boy wanted a Ferrari, so O.J. gave the boy a Ferrari.
The third boy wanted a wheelchair.
O.J. said, “Why do you want one of those, son, you’re not handicapped.”
The boy replied, “I will be when my dad finds out whose life I saved.”
HAVE A WONDERFUL THURSDAY EVERYBODY….