DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS bring you today’s daily blog!!!
1. happy birthday wishes go out to actor LARRY HAGMAN today…believe it or not, the man who played J. R. EWING, is 78 today…wow…..here’s LARRY HAGMAN years ago, including a picture with BARBARA EDEN when he starred with her on “I DREAM OF JEANNIE.”
and here’s LARRY HAGMAN today, on his 78th birthday….
2. it was on this day in 1976, that the BEE GEE’S released their 20th album “CHILDREN OF THE WORLD.” isn’t that hard to beleive? that way back in 1976 they had their 20th album already….cool….anyway, this awesome album featured the BEE GEE classics including “YOU SHOULD BE DANCING”, and “LOVE SO RIGHT,” which i absolutely love….
remember these songs?
here’s “LOVE SO RIGHT.”
and here’s “YOU SHOULD BE DANCING.”
3. here’s a message for the gentleman driving the FORD F-150 this morning about 4:15am……seriously dude…is it that damn hard to turn your blinker on? i had the misfortune of having to follow you for well over a mile and a half, and every single turn, you slammed on your brakes and turned at the last second….let’s see, if i counted right, i could have slammed into your pickup, ummm, around 5 times…..in case you’re wondering, the BLINKER SWITCH, is the one on the left side of your steering wheel….just flick it up and down, and you’ll be amazed how it works!!!
4. last night was the season premiere of ‘TWO AND A HALF MEN’ on CBS…we absolutely love this show, but we cannot beleive the boundaries it crosses to be funny….man, have tv changed over the past 20 years…it’s funny, but very crude….
5. this week is “national dog week” as we celebrate man’s best friend….do you remember some of the famous dogs?
HAGRID’S dog in “HARRY POTTER”? FANG
GARFIELD’S buddy? ODIE
MARTIN CRANE’S dog on “FRASIER?” EDDIE
the piano playing dog on “THE MUPPET SHOW?” ROWLF
the SIMPSON’S dog? SANTA’S LITTLE HELPER
BUDWEISER’S dog mascot in the 80’s? SPUDS MCKENZIE….
but my favorite dog name? STEVE MARTIN’S adopted dog in his movie “THE JERK”…. STEVE’S character mistakenly thinks the dog is telling him that the building is on fire, so STEVE wakes up everybody and gets everyone outside, but there was no fire….someone tells him that he should name his dog “SH*$HEAD.” so he does…….funny stuff……
6. last friday my beautiful wife JEANNIE and I, took our son MITCHELL to MINNESOTA STATE MOORHEAD to see if he wanted to go to college there…turns out he does, and will….what i was amazed with was the SIZE OF THE CAMPUS….i had no idea it was that big……MITCHELL’S going into the music business….hmmm…don’t know where he got his love of music from…..
7. economists from the NATIONAL BUREAU OF ECONOMIC RESEARCH, have declared that the recession is over…they said that it ended in JUNE of 2009….they would have reported this earlier, but they are all laid off….
8. in 1999, DELAWARD G.O.P. senate candidate CHRISTINE O’DONNELL said that she dabbled in witchcraft….the democrats can’t say anything about that, because back then they were trying to get the EYE OF NEWT….(ginrich, that is….)
9. WALMART says that they are planning to start opening smaller stores in urban areas? my suggestion for a name? SMALL-MART..
10. members of a CALIFORNIA religious group deny claims that they are planning a mass suicide….they said that they were waiting for an “apocalyptic event…” and then the MIAMI DOLPHINS started out 2-0………………..
11. the new “HAWAII FIVE-O” started on tv last night…and it’s definetly updated for 2010…in fact, if you look closely, you can see BRITISH PETROLEUM OIL in the wave during the opening credits….
12. facing drug charges, PARIS HILTON plead guilty…and stupid….
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A little girl asked her mother, “How did the human race appear?”
The mother answered, “God made Adam and Eve and they had children and so was all mankind made.”
Two days later the girl asked her father the same question.
The father answered, “Many years ago there were monkeys from which the human race evolved.”
The confused girl returned to her mother and said, “Mom, how is it possible that you told me the human race was created by God, and Dad said they developed from monkeys?”
The mother answered, “Well, dear, it is very simple. I told you about my side of the family and your father told you about his.”
HAVE AN AWESOME TUESDAY MY FRIENDS…