DAKOTA HOT TUBS AND DISCOUNT VAC proudly bring you today’s daily blog….
1. tonight is week number two of the new season of our favorite show “THE OFFICE.” well, one of our favorite characters “CREED” is played by CREED BRATTON….and did you know that he had a career before “THE OFFICE”? yepper….CREED was a member of “THE GRASS ROOTS.” that’s him in the bottom right corner of this album…..
and here he is on the show…..
2. speaking of “THE GRASS ROOTS”, there are a couple of songs that CREED BRATTON played guitar and sang vocals on and we’re going to focus on them now….
the first one is one of my favorite GRASS ROOTS songs…it’s called “WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I NEEDED YOU?” here’s the video…
JEANNIE AND I are huge GRASS ROOTS fans and we saw them last year at the state fair in HURON….here’s MIDNIGHT CONFESSIONS….and that’s actually CREED playing guitar….
3. SAD SAD DAY TODAY…..a couple of celebrities have gone to the great beyond….
first of all…
legendary actor TONY CURTIS died yesterday at the age of 85…..
he had been in failing health recently, but hey, he was 85, right? TONY CURTIS was a heartthrob for women back in the 50’s and 60’s….here is TONY CURTIS recently…
and of course, TONY CURTIS is the father of actress JAMIE LEE CURTIS….
and this one really makes me sad….
a fantastically funny comedian has died. GREG GIRALDO was 44 when he died yesterday of an accidental overdose…GREG is mostly known for his humor on the “CELEBRITY ROASTS” on COMEDY CENTRAL, and he was a judge on “LAST COMIC STANDING.” GREG will be missed….the CELEBRITY ROASTS will not be the same anymore….
4. funny things you find out in life….
real skunks are not as cute and cuddly as PEPE LEPEW….
5. last night, my beautiful wife JEANNIE AND I had the priveledge of going to MAVERICKS and spending a night with my new co-workers at SPITZER MILLER FUNERAL HOME…what a fantastic bunch of people….love working there….everyone has an “image” of what funeral home people are…you know…wearing black…morbid and quiet…walking around like a zombie….not even CLOSE…these people are good good people, and funny as all get out…..awesome time last night.
6. yuck…the political season is here, and the ads bashing each other have already started all over the nation….i don’t know why we can’t all just get along AND FOCUS ON WHAT YOUR POSITIVE ATTRIBUTES ARE, INSTEAD OF RIPPING DOWN THE COMPETITION….i have always wanted to run for office, but i won’t because i don’t want my name and my family drug thru the mud…..it’s absolutely ridiculous….we’ve become such a cynical society, and we’re not happy unless other people are miserable…..
7. former president JIMMY CARTER spend a second night in a CLEVELAND hospital after falling ill on a flight to CLEVELAND…doctors diagnosed him with nausea, which is a common condition known to affect people who realize they are flying to CLEVELAND….
8. some executions by lethal injection are being delayed because of a shortage….hmmm…can i make a couple of suggestions on how to keep the executions coming?
A: give them some segway scooters to drive.
B: let them watch “THE VIEW’ for a few hours.
C: let them listen to ‘THE JAY DEAN MORNING PARTY.” that will take care of them….
9. the night light phenomenon known as “THE NORTHERN LIGHTS”, has hit a 100 year low point….hmm..maybe the CANADIANS had to turn the lights down to save on their power bill?
10. a supermarket chain in GREAT BRITAIN is selling VIAGRA…wow….unfortunately it’s causing some problems with the automatic doors…..
11. a judge in the FRANK AND JAMIE MCCOURT divorce case will decide which one of them will own the LOS ANGELES DODGERS…currently the DODGERS are owned by whichever team they’re playing….
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
At one point during a game, the coach called one of his 9-year-old baseball players aside and asked, “Do you understand what cooperation is? What a team is?”
The little boy nodded in the affirmative.
“Do you understand that what matters is whether we win or lose together as a team?”
The little boy nodded yes.
“So,” the coach continued, “I’m sure you know, when an out is called, you shouldn’t argue, curse, attack the umpire, or call him a dumb-head. Do you understand all that?
Again the little boy nodded.
He continued, “And when I take you out of the game so another boy gets a chance to play, it’s not good sportsmanship to call your coach a dumb ass’ is it?” Again the little boy nodded.
“Good,” said the coach. “Now go over there and explain all that to your grandmother.”
HAVE A TERRIFIC THURSDAY, MY FRIENDS…