DAKOTA HOT TUBS AND DISCOUNT VAC BRING YOU TODAY’S DAILY BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. happy birthday wishes going out today to DARYL HALL OF “HALL AND OATES” who is 64 today….hard to believe that he is just a couple of years younger than my dad!!!!!!!!!!! everyone knows HALL AND OATES, but here’s an early picture of them. the birthday boy DARYL HALL is on the left, and his counterpart, JOHN OATES is on the right.
and here they are today on DARYL HALL’S 64th birthday.
2. how about a HALL AND OATES video? here’s my favorite HALL AND OATES song “YOU MAKE MY DREAMS COME TRUE.”
3. we had a BLAST this weekend at the wedding of our nephew and his lovely bride in SIOUX FALLS. it was so nice spending time with family. i hope to have some more pictures on the blog tomorrow, but for now here’s a couple.
this is the happy couple. our HANDSOME nephew ADAM and his beautiful stunning bride CASSIDY.
and here’s one of two of my beautiful nieces….HERE’S ALAINA AND AMY…….they are the coolest……
4. speaking of pictures, i laughed out loud when we got home last night and i checked my facebook pages, and found a new picture of my nephew JORDAN…look out world…here comes the next RAP SUPERSTAR…..
5. REDSKINS WIN…REDSKINS WIN…REDSKINS WIN….my beloved WASHINGTON REDSKINS beat the GREEN BAY PACKERS yesterday on a field goal in overtime…..here’s REDSKINS kicker GRAHAM GANO lining up for the big kick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we were still in SIOUX FALLS while the game was going on, but i was checking the internet on my phone and watching it on tv at a restraunt, but i’ll say this….my GREEN BAY PACKER friends were doing an awful lot of smack talk before the game and while the PACKERS were ahead…but i only heard from one of them after the game……the lovely TANEA typed in “WELL THAT SUCKED.” see? she’s a good sport…..my brother TREVOR is also a die hard PACKER fan, and we talked on the phone and he was super gracious in defeat, just like i knew he would be.
6. we had one of the best pizzas i have had in YEARS yesterday in SIOUX FALLS. i’m a huge fan of “OLD CHICAGO PIZZA” and i whined enough that we got to go yesterday..ha ha….we ordered a pizza called “THE ULTIMATE DEEP DISH”, and it was super incredible….it was not a disappointment and was everything PLUS more that it was advertised to be!!!!!!!!!!
it a “made from scratch” pizza and it was DELICIOUS…by the way, the best delivery pizza i’ve ever had, was OLD CHICAGO delivered to my hotel room in CLEVELAND, OHIO a few years back…i hated to stop eating it, because it was incredible.
7. one of the things i like to check out in a hotel room is what the shower is like….i like a shower that has “lots of water coming out” and almost “rips your skin off.” this, however, was not the case this weekend in SIOUX FALLS….our shower was so weak it barely washed to soap off…..yuck….
8. we had a funny thing happen at the wedding dance the other night. there was a “leftover” piece of shrimp that was lying on our table. we were throwing it across the room at each other, with the shrimp hitting the floor, hitting people, landing GOD knows where. well, at the end of the night, i grabbed it again, and threw it at my brother in law MIKE. he opened up his mouth and BAM…i nailed it right in his mouth. he then spit it out and just about puked yesterday when i told him where it had been…FUNNY STUFF….
9. speaking of the wedding, we had the reception at a very very nice place in SIOUX FALLS. it was called “CALLAWAYS”. plus i met one of the nicest pastors i’ve ever met during the wedding. the wedding was at the LUTHERAN church in TEA, and the pastor’s name was GREG JOHNSON….super nice guy, and very accomodating. he was telling me how this church was almost dead back in 2000, in fact, it almost closed. but today has over 2400 members, and he’s done over 100 weddings on four years….GREAT GUY….
10. THOSE STOPLIGHTS NEAR SUMMIT ARE FRUSTRATING…i know they have to be there because of road repair, but the stoplights near SUMMIT take FOREVER to change….we must have sat there for 3-5 minutes….or a half hour….(that’s what it felt like.)
11. ATLANTA police are looking for a thief who is described as “extremely attractive.” so they immediately ruled out searching radio stations….
12. the miners trapped underground in CHILE could be rescued within days….incredible….to give you an idea how long they’ve been down there, when they got trapped two months ago, LINDSAY LOHAN had only been to jail twice and rehab SIX times…
13. JOHNNY DEPP suprised students at a BRITISH elementary school, by coming to the school dressed as CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW from the “PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN” movies…this visit when a whole lot better than the last time when he came dressed as EDWARD SCISSORHANDS….
14. the NFL is reviewing allegations that BRETT FAVRE sent racy messages to a woman in 2008…..damn the luck….these days even BRETT’S messages are getting intercepted…..
15. ELLIOT SPITZER’S former “madam” says that the former NEW YORK GOVERNOR is boring on his new CNN show, “just like he was in bed.” SPITZER asked the madam to at least “give him a little credit,” to which, out of habit, she responded, “I ONLY TAKE VISA AND MASTERCARD.”
16. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Deep In the back woods of Tennessee, a hillbilly’s wife went into labor in the middle of the night, and the doctor was called out to assist in the delivery. Since there was no electricity, the doctor handed the father-to-be a lantern and said, “Here. You hold this high so I can see what I am
doing.” Soon, a baby boy was brought into the world.
Whoa there, said the doctor, “Don’t be in such a rush to put that lantern down. I think there’s another one coming.” Sure enough, within minutes he had delivered a baby girl. “Hold that lantern up, don’t set it down there’s another one!” said the doctor.
Within a few minutes he had delivered a third baby.
“No, don’t be in a hurry to put down that lantern, it seems there’s yet another one coming!” cried the doctor.
The redneck scratched his head in bewilderment, and asked the doctor, “You reckon it might be the light that’s attractin’ ’em?
HAVE A GREAT MONDAY EVERYBODY…