DAKOTA HOT TUBS AND DISCOUNT VAC BRING YOU TODAY’S DAILY BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. sad day in history…..it was on this date in 1997 that we lost JOHN DENVER in a plane crash……i was, and am, a huge JOHN DENVER FAN…..i had the chance to see him at WE-FEST in DETROIT LAKES, MINNESOTA a year before he died, and he was terrific….except he got booed when he didn’t sing “THANK GOD I’M A COUNTRY BOY.” anyway, JOHN we miss you….and what a great talent he was….remember what he looked like in early years?
and here he is in the years leading up to his untimely death.
2. what’s a JOHN DENVER tribute without a couple of songs to listen to? here’s JOHN DENVER singing “CALYPSO”, one of my favorite songs…it accompanied by a BEAUTIFUL UNDERWATER VIDEO….
and here he is singing “BACK HOME AGAIN.” this is from one of his last taped concerts…..
3. whatever happened to DABNEY COLEMAN? remember him? he was the boss in “9 TO 5” with DOLLY PARTON, LILY TOMLIN, AND JANE FONDA….here he is a few years back.
and here is DABNEY COLEMAN today at the age of 79….the first one is with LILY TOMLIN AND DOLLY PARTON.
4. here’s a couple of other pictures from my nephew ADAM’S marriage this weekend to the lovely CASSIDY…the first one is my son MITCHELL after we told him that he was too young for the open bar…ha ha
here’s my sons MITCHELL AND TYLER, along with TYLER’S babe, KELSEY….
up next, is the bride and groom, along with my nieces ALAINA AND AMY….
and finally, here’s JEANNIE’S sister CINDY, along with AMY, my gorgeous wife JEANNIE, and some geek….
5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES TO MY SISTER IN LAW, SUE TODAY…she’s halfway to 90!!!!!!!!!!!in along with her professional career at WYNDHAM, she also is an accomplished photographer on the side….she does it just for fun, but is very very good…here’s some pictures she took of my great niece BROOKE, who is also SUE’S granddaughter……this little girl is so so so so beautiful…..
6. who in the world developed these “ROUNDABOUT” highways in MINNESOTA….in my opinion, they are a huge accident waiting to happen….all you do is yield from all four directions, and as in any case, most people don’t even do that.
i really don’t like them, and i pray that SOUTH DAKOTA doesn’t start using these…..they are nerve wracking…
7. well, another HOLLYWOOD marriage is coming to an end…it’s sad, because it’s nice to see some of them make it….COURTNEY COX ARQUETTE AND DAVID ARQUETTE have separated and will be divorcing…they were married, i believe, around 11 years…which is probably a record in HOLLYWOOD…ha ha
8. at a rally a few days ago, PRESIDENT OBAMA was stunned as a completely naked fat guy streaked by him….the SECRET SERVICE couldn’t do anything about the guy, because BILL CLINTON was invited…hee hee….seriously though, the guy streaked to win ONE MILLION DOLLARS from an internet billionaire…let’s hope he either spends the money on clothes, or JENNY CRAIG…
9. a healthy baby boy was born recently from an embryo frozen FOR TWENTY YEARS….next year he’ll be the first one year old ever to be able to have a beer on his first birthday…(does that make sense?)
10. those CHILEAN miners who have been trapped underground for months, are expected to be rescued tomorrow. (WEDNESDAY)…unless, of course, it conflicts with the baseball playoffs schedule….
11. YOKO ONO revealed that despite her feud with PAUL MCCARTNEY, he once convinced JOHN LENNON to reconcile with her when they were split up….PAUL’S secret plan? knowing that JOHN LENNON was with YOKO guaranteed MCCARTNEY that JOHN LENNON would never ever again put out a record as good as his.
12. before being traded to the MINNESOTA VIKINGS, RANDY MOSS apparently told PATRIOTS quarterback TOM BRADY that his hair made him look like a little girl….which explains all the fan mail send to BRADY by ROMAN POLANSKI.
13. legendary soul singer SOLOMON BURKE died over the weekend enroute to a concert. he leaves behind 21 kids…21 children? no wonder he was on the road so much.
14. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A woman in her eighties made the evening news because she was getting married for the fourth time. The following day she was being interviewed by a local TV station, and the commentator asked about what it felt to be married again at that age.
After a short time to think, a smile came to her face and she proudly explained that she had first married a banker when she was in her twenties, in her forties she married a circus ring master, and in her sixties she married a pastor and now in her eighties, a funeral director.
The amazed commentator asked her why she had married men with such diverse careers.
With a smile on her face she explained, “I married one for the money, two for the show, three to get ready, and four to go.”
HAVE A WONDERFUL TUESDAY, EVERYBODY…