DAKOTA HOT TUBS AND DISCOUNT VAC BRING YOU YOUR DAILY BLOG!!!!!!!!
1. there are all kinds of celebrity birthdays this weekend…let’s feature a couple of them….legendary actress ANGELA LANDSBURY turns 85 this weekend…..she’s best known for “MURDER SHE WROTE”, and one of my favorite DISNEY movies, “BEDKNOBS AND BROOMSTICKS.” here’s ANGELA in the early years…SHE WAS QUITE A LOOKER!!!!!!!!!!
here she is in her “MURDER SHE WROTE” era….
and here she is now, during the celebration of her 85th birthday..
2. “ALICE” star LINDA LAVIN turns 73 today….she starred in that show with VIC TAYBACK, who played “MEL” from MEL’S DINER…POLLY HOLLIDAY played “FLO”….and PHILLIP MCKEON play her son “TOMMY.”
here’s LINDA LAVIN back on the show…
and here she is today at 73……
3. here’s a cast photo of the tv show “ALICE”…remember everyone?
WONDERING WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE TODAY? here we go…
here’s POLLY HOLLIDAY today…(FLO)…she’s 73 right now.
this is PHILLIP MCKEON today..(TOMMY)…he’s 45 now..by the way, this picture is with his sister, the super hot NANCY MCKEON, who played “JO” on “THE FACTS OF LIFE.”
this is a picture from a few years back of BETH HOWLAND, who played the dizzy “VERA” on the show…she went into retirement back in 1985..she’s now 69 years old…
and here’s actor VIC TAYBACK, who played “MEL”. he passed away back in 1990 at the age of 60………….
4. one more celebrity birthday….a fantastic actor who is not a household name….BARRY CORBIN turns 70 this weekend….he starred in the tv show “NORTHERN EXPOSURE”, plus was in the movies “NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN”, “WAR GAMES” with MATTHEW BRODERICK, and “URBAN COWBOY”, where he played the uncle of JOHN TRAVOLTA…here’s BARRY CORBIN back then…
and here he is today at 70…………
5. how’s this for gross? driving in today from WARNER eating an egg and sausage sandwich, when i ran over a skunk that looked like a pile of spaghetti on the road….and of course, he stunk to high heaven….GROSS…ended up throwing my sandwich away when i got to work, because my van smelled like skunkage….hhmm…reminds me of the song ‘DEAD SKUNK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD’ by LOUDON WAINWRIGHT III…
6. wow…key NFL games this weekend….here’s my predictions of some of the games:
DALLAS AT MINNESOTA: must win for both teams…VIKINGS WIN…
INDIANAPOLIS AT WASHINGTON: should be a good game…both teams defenses are struggling and both quarterbacks (MANNING AND MCNABB) are playing great….REDSKINS by a field goal.
MIAMI AT GREEN BAY: if AARON RODGERS plays for the pack, THEY WIN..otherwise, THE DOLPHINS WIN…
BALTIMORE AT NEW ENGLAND: good game but PATRIOTS WIN.
TENNESSEE AT JACKSONVILLE: JAGS are playing much better, but my fantasy running back CHRIS JOHNSON will run all over them…TITANS win monday night.
7. WEDNESDAY, the FBI searched the offices of LAS VEGAS companies allegedly involved in a telemarketing scam…the raid was in the morning, because nobody liked to be bothered during dinner….
8. a FORT WALTON BEACH, FLORIDA man was arrested for battery and assault after he threw a bottle of CALVIN KLEIN cologne at a guys head….but, it’s okay…because it was CALVIN KLEIN’S new cologne called ‘CONTUSION.’
9. an OREGON cosmetic surgery clinic is offering FREE BOTOX to jobless people to help them look good for their interviews…well, at least if they don’t get hired, they won’t LOOK disappointed.
10. a BELLEVUE, WASHINGTON woman was arrested on charges of stabbing another woman during AN ANGER MANAGEMENT CLASS…wow…i do beleive that this event will affect her grade.
11. the 21st CHILEAN MINER was met with a kiss from his MISTRESS…his WIFE would’ve been there, but she couldn’t find her NINE IRON…(a wife and a mistress? something tells me that this guy still feels trapped.)
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Three animals were having a drink in a cafe, when the owner asked for the money.
“I’m not paying,” said the duck. “I’ve only got one bill and I’m not breaking it.”
“I’ve spent my last buck,” said the deer.
“Then the duck’ll have to pay,” said the skunk.
“Getting here cost me my last scent.”
(WOW..THAT WAS LAME…I NEED TO REDEEM MYSELF.)
Three old guys are out walking.
First one says, “Windy, isn’t it?”
Second one says, “No, its Thursday!”
Third one says, “So am I. Let’s go get a beer.”
OR THIS ONE…
A man was telling his neighbor, “I just bought a new hearing aid. It
cost me four thousand dollars, but it’s state of the art. It’s perfect.”
“Really,” answered the neighbor. “What kind is it?”
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND..