****IN CASE YOU ARE WONDERING WHERE SUNNY 97.7 IS TODAY, WE ARE EXPERIENCING TECHNICAL PROBLEMS, AND WILL HOPEFULLY GET BACK ON THE AIR ASAP….IN FACT, BY THE TIME SOME OF YOU READ THIS, WE SHOULD BE ON….
DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS bring you today’s daily blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. GOOD NIGHT MRS. CLEAVER…..actress BARBARA BILLINGSLEY died over the weekend at the age of 94……she is known for playing JUNE CLEAVER on “LEAVE IT TO BEAVER.” she looked pretty darn good for her 90’s….let’s take a look at her in her early days, first of all.
and here is BARBARA BILLINGSLEY in her early 90’s….looking awfully good, i might say……
here’s one with “THE BEAV” JERRY MATHERS….
here’s a cast photo with the guys who played “LUMPY”, “EDDIE HASKELL”, “THE BEAV”, “WALLY” and of course, MRS. CLEAVER…
2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes are going out to a couple of actresses that we love…first of all, DAWN WELLS, who played “MARYANNE” on “GILLIGAN’S ISLAND” is 72 today….remember her?
and here is DAWN WELLS today at 72….still a cutie pie….
3. it’s a milestone birthday today for ERIN MORAN, who played JOANIE CUNNINGHAM on “HAPPY DAYS.” she is 50 today….wow….here she is back with her family on the hit tv show…
and here is birthday girl ERIN MORAN today at 50………..
4. my wife and i were at the grocery store this past weekend, and as we walked thru the butter selection, we saw an old favorite and started singing, “EVERYTHING’S BETTER WITH BLUE BONNET ON IT.” remember that? here’s the commercial, along with a coffee brand that i completely forgot about.
5. WHAT A HOOT ON FRIDAY NIGHT….my wife and i accompanied our boys to our first ABERDEEN WINGS hockey game. actually it was the boy’s second game. anyway, WE HAD A BLAST, and can’t wait until the next game this weekend….WINGS hockey is incredibly fun, and it’s off to a great start when a fight breaks out TWO SECONDS INTO THE GAME…ha ha….I LOVE ABERDEEN WINGS HOCKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i told my wife halfway thru the game, that NOBODY would have predicted 20 years ago that we would become hockey fans…ha ha
6. JEANNIE AND I lived in THIEF RIVER FALLS, MINNESOTA for less than a year while i went to radio broadcasting school back in 1986. while we were there, we decided to maybe go to a high school sports game to do something different. so, i asked one of my instructors, as to where the boys and girls basketball games are played. his response? “WHY WOULD YOU GO TO A BASKETBALL GAME? THE ONLY ONES THAT GO TO THE BASKETBALL GAMES ARE PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS…HOCKEY IS WHERE IT’S AT, JAY….YOU CAN’T FIND A SEAT WHEN HOCKEY IS IN TOWN, AND THE GYM IS PRACTICALLY EMPTY FOR HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL.” he was right….hockey is king in northern minnesota, and everything else takes a backseat to it.
7. HARRY WHITTINGTON, the guy who DICK CHENEY accidentally shot with hundreds of metal pellets, says that the former vice president has really never apologized. what’s he complaining about? he’s making a good living by drinking water and impersonating a sprinkler.
8. a FLORIDA man won $650,000 in a settlement for an eye injury that he suffered during a LAP DANCE AT A STRIP CLUB….he then suffered another eye injury when he got home and told his wife where he had been. (and yes, his settlement was paid in one dollar bills…ha ha)
9. scientists in GREAT BRITAIN have come up with a “scratch n sniff” poster of THE MOON….hhhmm….sure beats the “scratch n sniff” poster of URANUS…..
10. an IRANIAN court has sentenced a man who stole chocolates from a pastry shop to have HIS HANDS CHOPPED OFF….wow….the man was quoted as saying, “THANK GOODNESS I DIDN’T CHEAT ON MY WIFE.”
11. a CANADIAN man is claiming that singer JUSTIN BIEBER assaulted his son at a laser tag venue….ummm…here’s something for that man….if JUSTIN BIEBER can beat up your son, i don’t think i’d want the general public to know about that…..
12. newsguy BILL O’REILLY is still busy explaining what he said and meant when WHOOPI GOLDBERG AND JOY BEHAR walked off the stage while taping “THE VIEW.” heck, i don’t care what he said…say it again if it gets those two hot airbags to shut up…..
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A young blond helicopter reporter insisted she wanted to learn to fly the helicopter solo.
So the pilot took her out, showed her how to start it, gave her the basics and sent her on her way to learn the rest by radio.
After she climbed 1000 feet, she radioed in. “I’m doing great! I love it! The view is so beautiful, and I’m starting to get the hang of this.”
After 2000 feet, she radioed again, saying how easy it was to fly.
The instructor watched her climb over 3000 feet, and was beginning to worry that she hadn’t radioed in. A few minutes later, he watched in horror as she crashed about half a mile away.
He ran over and pulled her from the wreckage.
When he asked what happened, she said, “I don’t know! Everything was going fine, but as I got higher, I was starting to get cold. I can’t remember anything after I turned off that big fan.”
HAVE A GREAT MONDAY…