SLOW DOWN OUT THERE TODAY!!! winds up to 50 miles per hour and snow sticking to the roads are creating some hazardous driving conditions in parts of our area…I JUST ABOUT TOOK OUT A BRIDGE ON THE WAY IN FROM WARNER TODAY….the winds whipped my van around, and i, luckily steered away from the bridge….scary moment…be careful out there!!!!!!
DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS BRING YOU TODAY’S DAILY BLOG!!
1. we have a milestone birthday today from a sweetheart of a person….remember NANNETTE FABRAY? she is 90 today…yep, she’s alive and kicking…..here’s a picture from the past of the birthday girl….
and here is NANNETTE FABRAY today at 90!!!!!
did you know that NANETTE FABRAY has a famous niece? yep, and her niece actually spells the last name the way it’s supposed to be….apparently, NANETTE got tired of correcting people..ha ha…who is her niece? SHELLEY FABARES from the tv show “COACH.” (she’s the one on the left by CRAIG T. NELSON)
2. CLASSIC COMMERCIAL FOR TODAY:
remember SONNY who was “CUCKOO FOR COCOA PUFFS?” here’s a vintage 70’s commercial…
3. i learned something yesterday…i didn’t know that trains had problems with the winds…..someone told me that they talked to a conductor and they said they were just sitting idle until the winds subsided…..i suppose it has something to do with the wind blowing one car off and the rest following..i don’t know….
4. WAY TO GO MY FELLOW NORWEGIANS…i don’t know if you know this or not, but i am ONE HUNDRED PERCENT NORWEGIAN….i was just reading an article that said that NORWAY was picked as the “TOP COUNTRY IN THE WORLD” as far as wealth and wellbeing….wealth huh? maybe i had better look up some rich old relatives…ha ha
5. how stupid do you have to be to do this? a MONTANA man robbed a bank, and then went outside and CALLED A CAB for his getaway vehicle….wow…he deserves to be in jail…
6. PAUL THE OCTOPUS, who predicted the winner of EIGHT STRAIGHT WORLD CUP GAMES, was found dead yesterday….hmm…a psychic octopus….i wonder if he saw yesterday coming….
7. SONY has retired it’s signature WALKMAN cassette tape player this week…REALLY SONY? get with the times..most of us retired them back in 1995….(does that mean at WALMART the WALKMAN is moving from the electronics department to the front door greeter position?)
8. a RHODE ISLAND gubernatorial candidate told PRESIDENT OBAMA to “SHOVE HIS ENDORSEMENT” where the sun doesn’t shine….wow….now the WHITE HOUSE is scrambling to see if anal endorsement removals are covered by the new health care plan.
9. due to a nationwide labor strike, garbage is piling up everywhere in FRANCE…but since they don’t wear deodorant, nobody can really tell.
10. ROBERT DENIRO and SYLVESTER STALLONE are contemplating a movie where they play old boxing rivals…at thier older age, “hitting below the belt” could mean a CHEST INJURY…(ooh, that’s a good one)
11. MICHAEL JACKSON topped the FORBES magazine list of top earning dead celebrities…JACKSON raked in $275 million dollars last year….MICHAEL earned more than most LIVING celebrities….and of course, FORBES magazine is confused as to which list they should put LARRY KING on….
12. prostitutes in SPAIN are being ordered to wear reflective yellow traffic vests when they are working thier “trade” near a highway….sounds just like a construction site, huh? customers pull over when they see the cones….
13. JOKE OF THE DAY: (i really like this one…)
This 80 year old woman was arrested for shop lifting. When she went before the judge in Cincinnati he asked her, “What did you steal?”
She replied, “A can of peaches.”
The judge then asked her why she had stolen the can of peaches and she replied that she was hungry. The judge then asked her how many peaches were in the can. She replied 6.
The judge then said, “I will then give you 6 days in jail.”
Before the judge could actually pronounce the punishment, the woman’s husband spoke up and asked the judge if he could say something.
The judge said, “What is it?”
The husband said, “She also stole a can of peas.”
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY EVERYBODY…