DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS bring you today’s daily blog….
1. we have a couple of celebrities celebrating birthdays today…one is a milestone, so let’s salute her, first….it’s SOUTH DAKOTA’S OWN…MARY HART….born in SIOUX FALLS, 60 years ago today…SIXTY!! pretty doggone looking 60 boys…..here’s MARY HART back in her early days…..can you beleive she’s been hosting “ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT” since 1982?
and here is MARY HART today at the tender age of 60…..
2. pop star, turned teenage heartthrob, turned jailbird, turned prison celebrity….who could we be talking about? LEIF GARRETT…LEIF is 49 years old today, and has really had a sad, tragic, life after hitting it big in the 1970’s…..here he is back in much better days…
and here he is today at 49, including his famous “mugshot”….
3. okay girls…are you ready to relive the late 70’s….get ready…here’s LEIF GARRETT back in the late 70’s with his hit “I WAS MADE FOR DANCING.”
4. LET ME DO THE HONOR OF PULLING THE PLUG OUT OF THE WALL, AS WE TAKE THE COWBOYS OFF OF LIFE SUPPORT…. things are not going well for the old DALLAS COWBOYS….it was another rear end kicking last night as the GREEN BAY PACKERS destroyed the ummm…umm.”AMERICA’S TEAM?” final score: PACKERS 45 COWBOYS 7….looks like EVERYBODY’S jumping off the bandwagon…
and, not to be mean, but this couldn’t happen to a nicer guy….i cannot stand COWBOY’S owner JERRY JONES…he always has that “smug” look on his face, and thinks he has to “roam the sidelines” during the second half of each game….probably just to get his mug on tv….
however, the team may suck, but they still do have some good things….
5. some lucky bugger in the DETROIT area won 128 million dollars in the powerball this past saturday night….i thought that it was funny how the media was only saying “DETROIT AREA”…they usually name the store….and then i found out….the winning ticket was found at an ADULT BOOK STORE…..and you can about imagine the names it could have…ha ha
6. how late of a night was it for yours truly last night? well, let’s just say that i was in LEMMON at 8:30 last night…you do the math…ha ha….it gave me THREE HOURS of sleep, which was tolerable at age 26, not so much at 46….oh well…..one thing i couldn’t beleive about my trip? all the way there and back, ZERO COP CARS AND ONLY FOUR DEER and they were standing in a group near IPSWICH…..lucky me….
7. question for anybody who knows the MCINTOSH area? what the heck is that bright tower with gigantic strobe lights? i don’t know if i have ever had a tower take my eyes off the road like that one does…IT’S SUPER BRIGHT…..if you know what the tower is for, let me know…
8. EXCELLENT REVENGE….remember the MINNEAPOLIS restraunt that egghead RANDY MOSS dissed at a practice? and then the egghead got released from the VIKINGS? well, the restraunts name is TINUCCI’S….this past friday, the folks at the eatery offered the first FIFTY PEOPLE free lunch, if they turned over their RANDY MOSS jerseys to them…cool…but it gets better…everyone else could eat their buffet that day for $8.40….a parody of egghead’s number 84…..how funny…..and for once, RANDY MOSS didn’t get the last word….
9. a new study find that obesity may be contagious….that’s because it’s often caught at CRISPY KREME….
10. last week, the oldest woman in the world died….and now BETTY WHITE and CLORIS LEACHMAN move up a notch….
11. BRITISH scientists developed a new material that could be used to make an “INVISIBLE CLOAK.” but now they can’t find where they put it….
12. DAVID CASSIDY from “THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY” was arrested for a D.U.I. the other night….apparently he was partying at the “COME ON, GET HAPPY HOUR.”
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Bill and his wife Martha went to the state fair every year and every year Bill would say, “Martha, I’d like to ride in that airplane.”
Martha always replied, “I know Bill, but that airplane ride costs 10 dollars, and 10 Dollars is 10 dollars.”
One year Bill and Martha went to the fair and Bill said, Martha, I’m 81 years old. If I don’t ride that airplane I might never get another chance.”
Martha replied, “Bill, that airplane ride costs 10 dollars, and 10 dollars is 10 dollars.”
The pilot overheard them and said, “Folks, I’ll make you a deal. I’ll take you both up for a ride. If you can stay quiet for the entire ride and not say one word, I won’t charge you; but if you say one word it’s 10 dollars.”
Bill and Martha agreed and up they went. The pilot did all kinds of twists and turns, rolls and dives, but not a word was heard. He did all his tricks over again, but still not a word.
When they landed, the pilot turned to Bill and said, “By golly, I did everything I could think of to get you to yell out, but you didn’t.”
Bill replied, “Well, I was gonna say something when Martha fell out, but 10 dollars is 10 dollars.”
HAVE A GREAT MONDAY EVERYBODY…