DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS BRING YOU TODAY’S DAILY BLOG, AND WE THANK THEM!!!
1. legendary singer GORDON LIGHTFOOT turns 72 today….and still out there touring….GORDON LIGHTFOOT has gone thru some pretty different “looks” over the years. here he is way way back in his early years…
this is probably the look that most people remember. this is GORDON LIGHTFOOT back in the 70’s when he was having the best run of hits like “SUNDOWN”, “IF YOU COULD READ MY MIND”, “THE WRECK OF THE EDMUND FITZGERALD” and many more…
and here is GORDON LIGHTFOOT today on his 72nd birthday…the first picture is yours truly, GORDON, and one of my best friends in radio, the legendary DENNY PITMAN…this picture was taken in SIOUX FALLS last year….
2. speaking of the birthday boy, what would his celebration be without a couple of his hits?
here’s a 1974 “live” version of the classic hit “SUNDOWN.”
and this one happens to be my all time favorite GORDON LIGHTFOOT song….”IF YOU COULD READ MY MIND.”
3. last night on FACEBOOK, a group of my friends were talking about “FAMILY AFFAIR”….remember that show? it featured BUFFY, JODY, MR. FRENCH, CISSY, AND UNCLE BILL….here’s a classic clip from the show, along with the very memorable opening theme….
here’s a clip of the show:
GEEZ, I USED TO LOVE THAT SHOW…
4. the new movie “BURLESQUE” comes out this weekend with CHER starring with CHRISTINA AGUILERA…is it just me, or does CHRISTINA’S voice drive you crazy? i don’t like all that warbling with the singing…i’ll put MARIAH CAREY and REBA MCENTIRE in that group, too….the sad thing is, i used to absolutely LOVE REBA’S music, but she started doing the “overdoing it” process, and i kind of lost interest….
5. turkey and dressing are coming up in just 8 days….can’t wait….don’t you love that feeling of sitting and watching tv with your pants undone to accomodate your overfilled belly? ahhh…the american way….
6. the one thing i REALLY LOVE about the holidays is my beautiful wife, JEANNIE, making KUMLA around CHRISTMAS…kumla is made with ground up potatoes and flour, and are cooked in ham juice on the stove…then you smash them down, put like a pound of butter and a bunch of salt on them, and BAM…you eat them and salivate all over the place…and the funny thing? they’re almost better the next morning when you cut them up and fry them in butter…..crap…i’m drooling on the keyboard…..
7. an IRS study found that federal workers owe 3.3 BILLION DOLLARS in delinquent taxes, with the biggest share owed by postal workers…..their excuse? “THE CHECK IS IN THE MAIL.”
8. CATHOLIC bishops say the church needs more exorcisms…they got the idea when they saw heads spinning on the WASHINGTON REDSKINS monday night against the PHILADLEPHIA EAGLES…
9. there’s a proposal in SAN FRANCISCO to ban circumcisions….you see, CALIFORNIA is broke, and nobody wants to make extra cuts….
10. APPLE has announced that I-TUNES will finally be able to sell BEATLES songs…and now maybe YOKO ONO will have enough money to afford that vocal chord transplant surgery…
11. JOKE OF THE DAY:
There were these two elderly people living in a Florida mobile home park. He was a widower and she a widow. They had known one another for a number of years.
One evening there was a community supper in the big activity center.
These two were at the same table, across from one another. As the meal went on, he made a few admiring glances at her and finally gathered up his courage to ask her, “Will you marry me?”
After about six seconds of careful consideration, she answered.
“Yes. Yes, I will.” The meal ended and with a few more pleasant exchanges, they went to their respective places. The next morning, he was troubled.
“Did she say Yes, or did she say No?” He couldn’t remember. Try as he would, he just could not recall. Not even a faint memory.
With trepidation, he went to the telephone and called her. First, he explained to her that he didn’t remember as well as he used to.
Then he reviewed the lovely evening past. As he gained a little more courage he then inquired of her, “When I asked if you would marry me, did you say? Yes or did you say No?”
He was delighted to hear her say, “Why, I said, ‘ Yes, yes I will’ and I meant it with all my heart.” Then she continued, “And I am so glad that you called, because I couldn’t remember who had asked me.”
HAVE A GREAT WEDNESDAY EVERYBODY…