HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS IN ABERDEEN….
1. we have a couple of celebrity birthdays today….ladies first…actress NICHELLE NICHOLS is 78 today…remember her? she played UHURA on “STAR TREK” for all of those years…
and here she is today at 78…………
2. also, actor MARTIN MILNER of “ADAM 12” and “ROUTE 66” turns 79 today…..here he is from both shows….
here’s MARTIN MILNER today at 79…………
wondering what his “ADAM 12” co-star KENT MCCORD looks like today? here he is…he’s 68 today…..
3. THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
“when a man opens a car door for his wife, we can assume one of two things…..it’s a new car, or, it’s not his wife.”
4. my wife really really likes this show on CBS called “MIKE AND MOLLY.” so, last night, while relaxing, i decided to watch an episode of it….
for me, NOT SO MUCH….i only laughed mildly a couple of times…didn’t really find the characters appealing….which is okay…to each his own, right? JEANNIE AND I absolutely LOVE “THE OFFICE” but we have many friends and family who cannot stand that show……this is one for me that i won’t have to watch many more episodes of….
5. CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was on the DAKOTA MAGIC CASINO website last night, finding out what time the ‘KANSAS’ concert begins on january 7th….
so, i get to their website, and over the picture of the band is the word, “CANCELLED.”……DAGNABIT……we had it all set…it was going to be a night out with our kids, who love our rock and roll….well, now we’ll have to find another concert to go to….
6. i’ve had numerous people ask me what i think of the BROWN COUNTY FAIR LINEUP this year……the artists are LEANN RIMES, JOSH TURNER, AND THE BAND PERRY….well, the bottom line is, we won’t be going…..i have fought for YEARS for some variety on the stage….i have no problem whatsoever with new country, and i would LOVE a classic country night, like KENNY ROGERS, RONNIE MILSAP and others who have been here…but i continue to say that we need one ROCK OR POP night at the fair…years ago, they had 38 SPECIAL, PAT BENETAR, LITTLE RIVER BAND, and others. and i wish that they would have continued that….it’s okay though…you cannot please everybody……i’m just going to find some other bands i want to see, and i’m going to go see them….
7. yesterday, i made a joke about a civil war message that was found, and i made a comment about it being between LARRY KING and ANDY ROONEY, being they are two really old farts…well, i apologize for that remark…what i MEANT TO SAY, was that the civil war message was decoded, and it turned out to be HUGH HEFNER’S FIRST WEDDING INVITATION…..
8. by the way, if you haven’t heard, 84 year old HUGH HEFNER is marrying 24 year old playmate CRYSTAL HARRIS…..in thier wedding, there will be the traditional “something old and something blue.” HEF will be the “something old” and his suitcase full of VIAGRA will be the “something blue.”
9. “OCTOMOM” NADYA SULEMAN, and her FOURTEEN KIDS are facing eviction AGAIN because she owes $450,000 in overdue payments….here’s my opinion…it’s time for “OCTOMOM” to get off her fat “OCTOBUTT” and get an “OCTOJOB.”
10. BRISTOL PALIN is moving to ARIZONA…isn’t that ironic? she’s a “PRO-CELIBACY” spokesperson, who is moving to an area that has had a “LONG DRY SPELL.”
11. ninteen surfing “SANTAS” brought some cheer to beachgoers over the weekend in COCOA BEACH, FLORIDA…several of the surfing SANTAS suffered a wipeout….which is what CHRISTMAS and SANTA did to my bank account….
12. JOKE OF THE DAY: (a good one, too)
An old man and woman were married for years even though they hated each other. When they had a fight, screams and yelling could be heard deep into the night.
A constant statement was heard by the neighbors who feared the man the most… “When I die I will dig my way up and out of the grave to come back and haunt you for the rest of your life!”
They believed he practiced black magic and was responsible for missing cats and dogs, and strange sounds at all hours. He was feared and enjoyed the respect it garnished.
He died abruptly under strange circumstances and the funeral had a closed casket. After the burial, the wife went straight to the local bar and began to party as if there was no tomorrow. The gaiety of her actions were becoming extreme while her neighbors approached in a group to ask these questions:
Are you not afraid? Concerned? Worried? That this man who practiced black magic and stated when he died he would dig his way up and out of the grave to come back and haunt you for the rest of your life?
The wife put down her drink and said …
“Nah… let the old man dig. I had him buried upside down!”
HAVE A GREAT TUESDAY EVERYBODY…..