YEAH, I’D HIDE BEHIND THAT FLAG, TOO, IF I WERE YOU…oh wait a minute…IT IS ME….
DAKOTA HOT TUBS and DISCOUNT VAC bring you today’s daily blog….
1. in our celebrity birthdays today, we salute the great ANDY WILLIAMS, who is 83 years old today….isn’t that ironic that “MR. CHRISTMAS” celebrates his birthday in december? here’s ANDY WILLIAMS in his earlier days…
and here is ANDY WILLIAMS today on his 83rd birthday…
2. also, the “ultimate game show host” WINK MARTINDALE has a birthday this weekend…he turns 77 on saturday…remember this guy?
here is WINK MARTINDALE today on the eve of his 77th birthday.
3. and finally, actor BRIAN BACKER turns 54 on sunday..you may not know the name, but if you watched movies like “FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH” and other cool 80’s movies, you’ll remember him….here’s an 80’s picture, and today’s picture of BRIAN BACKER…
4. yesterday i talked about memories of BRITTON, and how they come flooding back when you’re in town…well, here’s another one….THE STRAND THEATER..
by the way, they are not “closed for renovation”…this is an older photo….anyway, i have great memories of my brother TROY and I going to the movies when we were kids…you cannot imagine the feeling of FREEDOM when MOM AND DAD would let us walk to the movies, and go ourselves when we were in early grade school. and CHRISTMAS time was the best and the worst time at the theaters…..the best times were the movies….old cartoons, DISNEY movies, classics, whatever…the saturday CHRISTMAS movie series was incredible…now for the bad part…i used to be scared of SANTA CLAUSE…..so, when the movies were over, TROY AND I would walk out of the theater, and BAM…SANTA sitting right by the damn door that we walked out….TERRIFIED ME…
and then we recieved an brown paper bag with an apple in it, delicious peanuts, and that HORRIBLE hard candy that sticks to everything….
by the way, there’s another thing that i was terrified of…CLOWNS….
okay…okay…clowns don’t look that evil…but thats pretty much what they looked like to me!!!
5. this weekend it’s a “THREE ‘P’ ” WEEKEND….POPCORN, PIZZA, PEPSI….that’s right, as my wife leaves town for a weekend, yours truly is going to take it easy, and fill my face all weekend…watch a few movies…LOTS OF SLEEPING, and maybe putting on a few pounds…ha ha
6. GOOGLE and NORAD are teaming up again this year to track SANTA on CHRISTMAS EVE….coverage begins right after SANTA goes thru the TSA ‘PATDOWN.’
7. the original casket that held the body of LEE HARVEY OSWALD is being auctioned off….one potential buyer is getting all the attention, however, there are rumors of a second bidder….(think about that one.)
8. this absolutely true…two OKLAHOMA women were arrested at TJ MAXX, for hiding stolen merchandise in their FAT ROLLS…GROSS….they nearly got away with a bunch of clothing, boots, gloves, and a part time salesperson….
9. a new MICHAEL JACKSON song has been released online…he apparently recorded it back in the 80’s during his “THRILLER” times…hhmmmm…kind of ironic huh? the song, like MICHAEL has been buried in the vaults…..
10. a falses rumor was circulating wildly thru scientific circles on the internet that NASA was about to report that it had discovered alien life…..turns out it was just pictures of MADONNA without makeup, and ROSIE O’DONNELL naked….
11. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A fifth grader asked her mother the age-old question,
‘How did I get here?’
Her mother told her, ‘God sent you.’
‘Did God send you, too?’ asked the child.
‘Yes, Dear,’ the mother replied.
‘What about Grandma and Grandpa?’ the child persisted
‘He sent them also,’ the mother said.
‘Did he send their parents, too?’ asked the child.
‘Yes, Dear, He did,’ said the mother patiently.
‘So you’re telling me that there has been NO sex in this family for 200 years?
No wonder everyone’s so grouchy around here!’
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYBODY…