want to see what my friend KEVIN made for me? i always new i was a SCHMUCK…but i didn’t know anybody wanted to have DINNER with me…ha ha
NICE JOB KEVIN…KEEP THEM COMIN’….
once again, your daily blog is sponsored by the WONDERFUL folks at DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS IN ABERDEEN…
1. our celebrity birthday today is one of the best catchers MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL has ever seen….the legendary JOHNNY BENCH is 63 years old today….he, of course, was part of the “big red machine” during the CINCINNATI REDS years of dominance…here’s JOHNNY BENCH back then…
and here’s JOHNNY BENCH today at the age of 63…it’s a picture of him and his wife…and i see he has the right idea for being a bit older…marry a young hottie…ha ha
2. sad news in sports yesterday, as DANDY DON MEREDITH died at the age of 72…he was (ugh) a quarterback for the DALLAS COWBOYS, and he is better known as part of MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL in it’s early years…here’s DANDY DON…
3. i know that SUNNY 97-7 isn’t a country station, but i’m super excited about the new song from ALAN JACKSON…ALAN pays tribute to the legendary JOHNNY CASH, by releasing CASH’S huge huge hit “RING OF FIRE.” did a nice job on it, too…
4. i have a good friend who is a huge NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS fan, and he told me this weekend that he would bet 100,000 dollars, if he had it, that the PATRIOTS would DESTROY the NEW YORK JETS on monday night football…well, being the JETS beat the PATRIOTS once this year, i thought he was crazy…turns out he was right….final score: NEW ENGLAND 45 NEW YORK JETS 3 MAJOR BUTT KICKIN’…..i’ll never doubt you again, RICK…ha ha
5. I AM SO GLAD THAT I’M NOT A CELEBRITY…i wouldn’t want to be one…..i forget who it was, but last week, there was a celebrity in the news, who shouldn’t have been…..there was a celebrity in the news recently who’s CHILD was overreacting a bit in public…and the headline said something like “NAUGHTY CHILD CAUGHT ON FILM”…..stuff like that is nobody’s business but the parents, even if they are famous…..EVERY CHILD THROWS FITS ONCE IN AWHILE…i would hate to be in the AMERICAN NEWS because one of my boys overreacted when they were young…THE PAPARAZZI SUCKS….
6. our station CHRISTMAS party is a bit different this year…the staff is going BOWLING next week….different, but sounds like a lot of fun….as a bowler, i’m pretty medium..i have my ups and downs…HOWEVER, if we were playing WII bowling, i would KICK EVERYBODY’S BUTTS….
7. the U.S. government is having a surplus sale…for TEN DOLLARS they will give you SIX brand new dollar bills…
8. the rural lot in MONTANA where the UNABOMBER’S hideout shack was used, is up for sale for $70,000 dollars….however, the seller will not accept payments by mail….
9. in KENTUCKY, a group of people are building a theme park based on NOAH’S ARK….the only problem? you guessed it…they can’t get flood insurance….
10. a snowplow freed some people in NORTH YORKS, ENGLAND, who had been trapped inside of a local pub by snowdrifts….the folks were stuck in the pub for over TWO WEEKS…when freed, the guys told media…”SNOW….WHAT SNOW?”
11. TAYLOR SWIFT and JAKE GYLLENHAAL are being called the new “HOLLYWOOD POWER COUPLE”, and the media are now trying to come up with a “cutesy” name for them…some of the early favorites are “tay-jay”, and “gyllen-swift.” i have one…how about “ANNOYING.”
12. actor KELSEY GRAMMAR is getting married AGAIN…apparently he talked to his accountant and realized that he still has a bunch of money, and wants to get rid of half of it…
13. comedian DANE COOK’S half brother has been ordered to pay back 12 MILLION DOLLARS that he embezzled from his brother….if that’s the case, then i’m suing DANE COOK for the nine dollars i spent on his movie “EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH.”
14. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A man walks into a pet shop and says to the owner, “Okay, I want to buy a pet, but I don’t want a boring normal pet, no cats, or dogs, I want something different.”
The pet shop owner informs him that he has a talking centipede.
“Really?” Says the man “How much?”
The owner informs him that the talking centipede is $50. Happy with the unusual offering the man pays the money and takes his new pet home.
On getting home he lays the match box with the centipede in it on the table, opens it and says “Hello Mr. Centipede, fancy going to the bar for a few drinks?”
The centipede says nothing. Figuring it must be tired from the journey he decides to leave it for an hour and try again later.
An hour later he opens the match box and says “Hello Mr. Centipede, fancy going to the bar for a few drinks?”
The centipede again says nothing. Starting to get suspicious the man decides he will give it one more hour, and if the centipede doesn’t talk he will take it back to the shop for a refund.
An hour later the man opens the match box and says “Hello Mr. Centipede, fancy going to the bar for a few drinks?”
The centipede says “I heard you the first time you moron! I’m putting my shoes on!”
HAVE A SUPERB TUESDAY EVERYBODY…