DAKOTA HOT TUBS AND DISCOUNT VAC BRING YOU TODAY’S DAILY BLOG…
1. I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS…..it was THIRTY YEARS ago today that JOHN LENNON was shot outside of his apartment building in NEW YORK CITY….man, that makes you feel old…remember that night? HOWARD COSELL announced it on “MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL”, and the whole world was in shock…..today, we salute the former BEATLE. here’s JOHN LENNON back with his band.
here’s JOHN LENNON during the 70’s, during what i call his “crazy years.”
and here is JOHN LENNON shortly before he died…
JOHN LENNON was only 40 when he was gunned down by MARK DAVID CHAPMAN, who asked for his autograph just a short time before…WHACKO…..
2. there are memorable events in this life where we remember where we were at the time the event happened…ELVIS’S death, PEARL HARBOR, JFK’S assasination, and LENNON’S death….i remember what i was doing…my brother TROY AND I were in our room tucked soundly in our beds waiting to go night-night. we had the radio on KSDN AM 930, and, if my memory serves me correctly, my good friend LES CUMMINGS was on the radio and delivered the message to us…..we just laid there in shock…couldn’t beleive that something like this could happen.
3. how about some JOHN LENNON music?
we have to play is huge hit, “IMAGINE.”
and this was the song that was actually number one on the pop charts the night he died…he was just celebrating a “comeback” album called “DOUBLE FANTASY,” and the song was called “JUST LIKE STARTING OVER.”
4. YOKO ONO, JOHN LENNON’S wife till the end, was not popular at all among BEATLE’S fans…in fact, many people think that she’s the reason the BEATLE’S broke up….well, YOKO had an album out after JOHN died, that i thought was tacky….she had a picture of JOHN LENNON’S glasses lying on a table, with HIS BLOOD STAINED ON THEM….it took my breath away the first time i saw it….
5. ALBERT HAYNESWORTH has been suspended for the rest of the season by my WASHINGTON REDSKINS…he’s such a waste of time…he has been NOTHING BUT TROUBLE since he joined my favorite team…and you know what really upsets me? HE’S THE HIGHEST PAID DEFENSIVE PLAYER IN NFL HISTORY…yet, he won’t conform to coach MIKE SHANAHAN’S playbook….here’s my take…..SHANAHAN IS YOUR COACH…YOU DO WHAT HE SAYS…YOU LISTEN TO HIM…AND IF YOU DON’T, THEN SIT OUT WITHOUT PAY, YOU BIG CRY BABY….this really has me upset, because, first of all, i didn’t think the REDSKINS should have paid him that much to start out…and secondly, he’s been nothing but a thorn in the side of the team since he arrived there…..GOOD RIDDANCE, HOPEFULLY….
6. JOHN EDWARD’S former wife ELIZABETH EDWARDS lost her battle with cancer yesterday…she was only 61….
my mind can’t help but wonder….I WONDER HOW HORRIBLE JOHN EDWARDS FEELS FOR THE CRAP HE PULLED ON HER IN HER FINAL YEAR….that has to be a heavy burden to carry…
7. during a CHRISTMAS parade in VIRGINIA, a giant inflatable RUDOLPH THE RED NOSED REINDEER, burst after being led into a traffic light….police are now questioning VIXEN…
8. a SHEBOYGAN, WISCONSIN woman is charged with biting her husband’s tongue off after he sang CHRISTMAS CAROLS….man, how bad of a singer is this guy, anyway?
9. the new animated DISNEY film, “TANGLED” is killing everything at the box office…it’s a re-telling of the story of RAPUNZEL, where the long haired princess is locked in a tower and forced to grow enough hair to rival TOM BRADY…
10. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A trucker came into a truck stop cafe and placed his order.
He said, “I want three flat tires, a pair of headlights and a pair of running boards.”
The brand new blonde waitress, not wanting to appear stupid, went to the kitchen and said to the cook, “This guy out there just ordered three flat tires, a pair of headlights and a pair of running boards. What does he think this place is .. an auto parts store?”
“No,” the cook said. “Three flat tires mean three pancakes, a pair of headlights is two eggs sunny side up, and running boards are 2 slices of crisp bacon.”
“Oh, OK!” said the blonde. She thought about it for a moment and then spooned up a bowl of beans and gave it to the customer.
The trucker asked, “What are the beans for Blondie?”
She replied, “While you’re waiting for the flat tires, headlights and running boards, you might as well gas up!”
HAVE A GREAT WEDNESDAY, MY FRIENDS…