DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS OF ABERDEEN, BRING YOU TODAY’S DAILY BLOG…
1. ROBERT REDFORD…..just the name sends shivers down some women’s backs…..REDFORD is one of the “hollywood hunks” of the 60’s and 70’s, and we’re going to salute him today…..here’s a couple of photos in ROBERT REDFORD’S early days, the days when women were swooning over him….
and here is ROBERT REDFORD today at the age of 74………….
2. YOUR CHRISTMAS TOY FROM THE 70’S FOR TODAY:
what is it that wobbles but they don’t fall down? WEEBLES…
3. saturday night JEANNIE AND I were planning on watching a movie and relaxing. problem is, JEANNIE fell asleep for the night after five minutes on the couch…i took a 20 minute doze, but woke up to watch tv for a couple of hours, and what did i find? MY FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME….i have said this many times, and i’ll say it many times yet, “THE WIZARD OF OZ”, is by far, the GREATEST MOVIE EVER….
it’s amazing that after seeing it, probably 60 times or more, i still can watch it and enjoy it…..and in HIGH DEFINITION, it’s absolutely incredible….
4. late yesterday afternoon, a few of us sat down to watch “ELF” with WILL FERRELL….
i’ve grown very tired of WILL FERRELL, and his “over the top” comedy, but in this role, i absolutely love him…..and it features our favorite line:
“YOU STINK…YOU SMELL LIKE BEEF AND CHEESE…YOU DON’T SMELL LIKE SANTA.”
here’s the video…
5. I LOVE MY WIFE SO MUCH.. yesterday, my beautiful wife, made one of our favorite meals…KUMLA….it’s a NORWEGIAN dish made of potatoes and flour and boiled in ham juice….
JEANNIE’S looked much better than this….she makes incredible kumla….and no disrespect to my GRANDMOTHERS, but JEANNIE’S kumla is by far the best i’ve ever tasted….you have to soak it in butter to make it great….and the best part was this morning….FRYING IT IN BUTTER FOR BREAKFAST..YUMMY…we had TYLER AND KELSEY and MITCHELL, my MOM AND DAD, and my sister KRISTA and her hubby WADE down for kumla and we all feasted and had a great time….
6. here’s the movie shocker of the weekend…the new REESE WITHERSPOON, PAUL RUDD, OWEN WILSON, AND JACK NICHOLSON movie called “HOW DO YOU KNOW?” never made the top five of the weekend!! unbelievable..i figured it had number one sewed up…it only brought in 7.6 million, which is considered an opening weekend flop…by the way, the number one movie of the weekend, BIG TIME, was “TRON: LEGACY”, which is a sequel to the movie “TRON” back in the 80’s….critics have dogged this movie, but movie goer’s helped it bring in 43.3 million over the weekend, outdistancing second place “YOGI BEAR” by 27 million dollars…..
7. why is it that bananas have like a TWO DAY WINDOW of quality eating….they go from green to mushy in about 48 hours, so if you don’t eat them in that period, they’re not very good…although, i think that we INTENTIONALLY let them go bad, because then JEANNIE makes her famous “banana chocolate chip muffins” that her three boys absolutely love…
8. an ANNENBURG survey found that parents now cut off the kids from the internet, as punishment for the way they behave….this is the new way after years of taking their cable away so they couldn’t watch tv….i have the ULTIMATE PUNISHMENT…take both their cable and internet away and make them listen to my MORNING PARTY ON SUNNY 97.7….that’ll teach ’em…..
9. a college student walking down the street in BOSTON, found two skulls in a cardboard box…he then did what any good citizen should do…he called the police and gave them a “heads-up.”
10. JAKE GYLLENHAAL reportedly spent 15 thousand dollars on a rare guitar as a birthday gift for his girlfriend TAYLOR SWIFT…JAKE says that he loves everything about TAYLOR, especially her smile….which will change dramatically once she loses her baby teeth…
11. the movie “YOGI BEAR” is in theaters, with DAN ACKROYD and JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE providing the voices of YOGI AND BOO BOO…the movie ending was horrifying for kids…it had SARAH PALIN shooting YOGI from a helicopter….
12. for the second consecutive year, the word “WHATEVER” was determined to be the post painful and irritating word in the english language….except for the older generation…their most painful and irritating word is “colonoscopy.”
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A Canadian bloke is walking down the street with a case of beer under his arm.
His friend Randy stops him and asks, “Hey Dave! Whatcha got that case of beer for?”
“Well, I got it for my wife, you see?” answers Dave.
“Wow,” exclaims Randy, “Great trade.
HAVE A GREAT MONDAY EVERYBODY…