GOOD MORNING…I TRUST YOU HAD A GREAT WEEKEND?
this is me holding a baby alligator in NEW ORLEANS a couple of summers ago….BRAVE DUDE, HUH?
your daily blog is sponsored by DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS, BOTH OF ABERDEEN….
1. “HI, MY NAME IS LARRY, AND THIS IS MY BROTHER DARYL, AND MY OTHER BROTHER DARYL.” a famous tv line from the “NEWHART” show, uttered by actor WILLIAM SANDERSON….
WILLIAM SANDERSON turns 63 years old today, so we’ll salute him. since “NEWHART”, SANDERSON has starred as the mayor in the hit tv series “DEADWOOD,”, and most recently plays the sheriff in the incredible HBO series “TRUE BLOOD.” here’s what WILLIAM SANDERSON looks like today…
2. WOW…IS ALL I CAN SAY…
the ABERDEEN WINGS game against their arch rival BISMARCK BOBCATS from saturday night was INCREDIBLE…i would probably rank that game in my 10 favorite games of the past couple of decades…WE HAD SO MUCH FUN AT THE GAME…the WINGS beat BISMARCK 3-2 thanks to a shootout after overtime….it was AWESOME, and even featured a dead bobcat thrown onto the ice!! ha ha….and penalties…oh my goodness…there were a couple of times that there were THREE PEOPLE IN EACH PENALTY BOX…lots of hard hitting, fighting, and fun…the perfect night of hockey..if you were there, you know what i’m talking about…if you missed it, YOU MISSED A DANDY….
3. THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
after WINNING THEIR DIVISION WITH ONLY SIX WINS, the SEAHAWKS stunned the former super bowl champ NEW ORLEANS SAINTS on saturday….even with the worst record of any team in the playoffs, the SEAHAWKS hosted the game. want to hear something funny? if the SEAHAWKS upset the CHICAGO BEARS this weekend, and the GREEN BAY PACKERS beat ATLANTA, the NFC championship game would be played IN SEATTLE….how’s that for weird?
4. i was working on saturday afternoon, when i got on the computer and couldn’t beleive my eyes….a UNITED STATES REPRESENTATIVE gunned down in ARIZONA…and six people, including a nine year old girl died…WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?
REPRESENTATIVE GIFFORDS is still fighting for her life, after she was shot in the head…the other people on this picture board were killed…SAD SAD SAD…the nine year old girl, by the way, is the grand daughter of legendary baseball manager DALLAS GREEN. our sincere sympathies go out the families….
5. it was SEVENTEEN YEARS AGO TODAY that LORENA BOBBITT was found innocent by reason of insanity of cutting of her husband’s hoo-hoo….i’m a typical guy…i can’t think about this story without almost doubling over and passing out….can’t even imagine the shock and pain of that….
6. FOUR LOKO and other alcohol-laced energy drinks are being recycled into AUTO FUEL…YES, ENERGY DRINKS INTO AUTO FUEL…that, of course, is after they dilute them a bit…
7. some people in TEXAS are very upsetd that a strip club is opening near the DALLAS-FORTWORTH AIRPORT…officials say that if people want to see other people naked, just watch the TSA agents in the airport…
8. on saturday, the NEW YORK JETS beat the INDIANAPOLIS COLTS on a game ending field goal…and suddenly, there’s a new FAVORITE FOOT in the home of JET’S coach REX RYAN…
9. a new study finds that men are turned off by the smell of women’s tears, reducing their testosterone levels…and women are apparently turned off by men crying too….which coincides with the end of football season…
10. JOKES OF THE DAY:
A couple are eating dinner in a very nice restaurant on their first date.
The woman lets go with a very large sneeze. The sneeze is so big that her glass eye pops out and flies across the table.
The man reaches out and grabs the eye in mid flight and hands it back to the woman.
The date continues and at the end of the evening the woman invites the man in for a nightcap. After the drink she suggests he spend the night. In the morning she prepares a very large breakfast for the two of them.
The man is so impressed he asks “Do you do this for all your first dates?”
“No” she replies, “only those who catch my eye!”
OKAY, SOMETHING LESS CORNY …..
A man runs into a bar and says “Give me twenty shots of your best single-malt scotch, quick!”
The bartender pours the shots, and the man drinks them down, one at a time, as fast as he can.
The bartender says, “Wow. I never saw anybody drink that fast.”
The man says, “Well, you’d drink that fast if you had what I have.”
The bartender says “Oh my God. What is it? What do you have?”
The man says, “Fifty cents.”
HAVE A GREAT MONDAY EVERYBODY..