your daily blog is brought to you by DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS, BOTH OF ABERDEEN…
1. i was thinking about the good ole day of the “HOLLYWOOD SQUARES” back in the 70’s…not the latest one..i’m talking about CHARLIE WEAVER, GEORGE GOBEL, WALLY COX, PAUL LYNDE, and this young lady…ROSE MARIE….believe it or not, ROSE MARIE is still alive and kicking at the age of 87….here she is back in the day…
and here is ROSE MARIE today at 87………..
2. what about the host of the “HOLLYWOOD SQUARES?” his name is PETER MARSHALL, and he’s also still around at the age of 84……
here’s PETER as we remember him….
and here he is today at 84…………..
3. remember LEO SAYER? he had a bunch of hits in the 70’s and early 80’s, but his biggest one was “YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE DANCING.” check it out…
here he is today at 62……………………
4. remember these?
ah, yes…the 45 record spindle….i came across one of these the other day and have it taped to a computer in my studio…man, do they bring back memories….if you didn’t have a 45 “plug” for your stereo, you had to push these things into the middle of the 45 so they would play….and when you couldn’t find one, you couldn’t play your 45’s…which happened to me many times…and it upset me bad….ha ha
5. i’m so old that i remember the 78 rpm records..ha ha
my grandparents in VEBLEN used to have my favorite story “PETER PAN” on 78 rpm records….i would listen to part one on the first side, turn it over and listen to part two….for awhile i used to love listening to 78’s rather than albums or 45’s….i sure wish i had that collection….i have no idea where it went….
6. i was in JR’S AFFORDABLE FURNITURE yesterday in ABERDEEN, and was visiting with JR AND DEB….when i’m in there i always see the bunkbed sets, and man do they bring back memories of when TROY AND I were kids and slept in one…when i had the top bunk, TROY would use his feet and push up on the mattress just to tick me off…well, it backfired once…he pushed so hard that the bed came out of the pegs that held it together, and it started coming down on him…we had to get MOM AND DAD to come in and help put it back together…i don’t think TROY did that too much after that…ha ha
7. a new study says that 129 million AMERICANS have serious health problems…..great…another thing that comedian RICKY GERVAIS came make fun of…..
8. a PHILADELPHIA man was shot after an apparent argument over french fries….see? they’re correct..i was always told that fast food could kill you….
9. you know what really burns me up? CREMATION….
10. this is weird…an AUSTRALIAN couple had to be rescued after they tried to whitewater raft down a flooded river on BLOW UP SEX DOLLS….yeah, i’m serious…..the woman fell off hers and almost drown….not suprisingly, the man knew how to keep a firm grip on his…
11. REGIS PHILBIN announced yesterday that he is retiring from tv and his show “LIVE WITH REGIS AND KELLY.” before he leaves he hopes to do something he’s never done….get a word in edgewise….
12. JAPANESE researchers have announced plans to use cloning technology to bring a long extinct mammoth back to life…they’re calling it the “BRETT FAVRE PROJECT.”
13. DICK CHENEY says that he may opt for a heart transplant….the problem is finding a donor….well, after watching the GOLDEN GLOBES, he should be able to get RICKY GERVAIS’ heart…he APPARENTLY isn’t using it….
14. JOKE OF THE DAY:
This guy was shopping at Target and came across a shiny silver thermos. He was quite fascinated by it and asked a clerk what it was.
The clerk said, “Why, that’s a thermos. It keeps hot things hot and cold things cold.”
So, he bought the thermos and took it to work the next day.
His boss saw it on his desk and asked, “What’s that?”
“Why, it’s a thermos. It keeps hot things hot and cold things cold,” he replied.
“Wow, that’s amazing,” said the boss. “What do you have in it?”
Two Popsicles and some coffee.”
HAVE A GREAT HUMP DAY EVERYBODY…