HAPPY TUESDAY EVERYBODY…..THANKS FOR READING THE BLOG, AND THANKS FOR LISTEN TO SUNNY 97-7…YOU FOLKS MAKE COMING TO WORK FUN EVERY MORNING….
YOUR DAILY BLOG IS SPONSORED BY DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS….
1. i know we featured this guy last year on this date, but we have a bunch of new viewers to the blog, AND he’s celebrating a milestone birthday today…it’s actor DEAN JONES who appeared in many many WALT DISNEY movies….DEAN JONES turns 80 years old today…how about that?
DEAN JONES was the star of many many DISNEY movies…here are some of them……”THAT DARN CAT” was one of my favorites…
and here is DEAN JONES today on his 80th birthday…
2. PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA will have his state of the union address tonight on national tv….REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS are going to sit together instead of apart tonight…THIS COULD BE FUN…this might make “JERSEY SHORE” look like a kiddie show….
3. our sales staff has to go to MINNEAPOLIS this friday thru monday for sales training. this will make TRIP NUMBER THREE to the TWIN CITIES for me in two weeks…and to make matters worse, we get back monday afternoon, and then tuesday morning early early early, i take DAD to MINNEAPOLIS for a doctor’s appointment….i think on tuesday i’ll be able to drive with my eyes closed…although, i probably won’t try it…ha ha
4. while in MINNEAPOLIS, we have saturday night free, and a lot of my staff are going to see the MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES play at the TARGET CENTER…i, however, am passing, because i just saw them a couple of weeks ago, and they’ve NEVER WON when i go see them…..instead, i’m taking our niece to the movies to see the new ANTHONY HOPKINS movie “THE RITE.”
it’s supposed to be scary as hell…just the way i like it…i’m sure i’ll have a movie critique next week….IF I LIVE THRU IT…ha ha
5. my wife and family are SHOCKED at my musical taste change in the last few years….all of my life all i’ve been is country…country…country…..i’m still a HUGE fan of the older country like HANK WILLIAMS, SR., MERLE HAGGARD, BUCK OWENS, PATSY CLINE and others, but i dislike the new country a bunch….anyway, i’ve really gotten into the new pop music that we play on sunny……plus my boys are turning us onto some “indie music” that isn’t widely known, but we love it…there’s a band called “VAMPIRE WEEKEND” that we really really love…they have a song called “A-PUNK”…..see if you like it too.
6. HOW ABOUT THIS WEATHER? man, yesterday was a nice break from the crappy cold we’ve had….it looks like a few nice days, EVEN 30’S, and then a colder saturday and sunday..the good thing is, february starts on tuesday…which means another month of winter will be GONE….
7. authorities say that people are SMOKING AND SNORTING BATH SALTS TO GET HIGH…wow….what kind of a world are we living in when the avon lady becomes your drug dealer?
8. MCDONALD’S has announced that they’ll be raising thier prices this year…it was either than or give a pay cut to GRIMACE, and they don’t want to have to deal with that loose cannon…
9. two new MATRIX films are reportedly being discussed…no scripts have been developed yet…but that hasn’t stopped KEANU REEVES before….
10. some PACKERS fans at a ST. PAUL bar celebrate their win over the CHICAGO BEARS by roasting a 180 pound bear than one of them had shot…hmm..too bad GREEN BAY wasn’t playing the DALLAS COWBOYS….(just kidding…maybe)
11. “NO STRINGS ATTACHED” with NATALIE PORTMAN and ASHTON KUTCHER is the top movie in the UNITED STATES…the movie is rated “R”, which means that ASHTON can only see it if he’s accompanied by DEMI MOORE…
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A man went to the Police Station wishing to speak with the burglar who had broken into his house the night before. “You’ll get your chance in court.” said the Desk Sergeant. “No, no no!” said the man. “I want to know how he got into the house without waking my wife. I’ve been trying to do that for years!”
HAVE A GREAT TUESDAY EVERYBODY…