TODAY’S DAILY BLOG SPONSORED, AS ALWAYS, BY DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS, BOTH OF ABERDEEN.
1. i used to love the show “THE MUNSTERS.” it used to play on tv after school, so that show was my “break” between school and homework. remember that show?
we’re going to find out what happened to the cast of the show. first let’s check out YVONNE DECARLO, who played “LILLY MUNSTER” the matriarch of the family….she passed away in 2007 at the age of 84……..here she is in later life…
actor FRED GWYNNE played “HERMAN MUNSTER”, who was really the star of the show….FRED went on to play in great movies like “PET SEMATARY” and “MY COUSIN VINNY.” he died in 1993 at the age of 66…….here he is in the early 90’s….
actress PAT PRIEST played “MARILYN MUNSTER” the “black sheep” of the family…she of course, was the only normal one of the family, but to the MUNSTERS, she was not very good looking and an oddball….PAT PRIEST is still going strong at 74…here’s a recent photo of her with a fan….
BUTCH PATRICK played the son “EDDIE MUNSTER” on the show…he’s 57 years old and is making a living going to “autograph sessions” of former tv stars…here’s BUTCH PATRICK and a date at the 2009 TVLAND awards….
and finally, one of the craziest guys out there. AL LEWIS played “GRANDPA MUNSTER” and he lived to be the ripe old age of 82 when he passed away in 2006…..GRANDPA AL, as he was known as, was a radio announcer and ran for public office in his later years…..AL LEWIS was cremated when he died, and was buried IN HIS FAVORITE CIGAR BOX…no kidding….here’s AL LEWIS, “GRANDPA MUNSTER” in his later years….
2. i have a box set of the “ARCHIE’S” at home that i watch once in awhile, just to bring back memories of ARCHIE, JUGHEAD, MOOSE, ETHEL, REGGIE, VERONICA, BETTY, MISS GRUNDY, and MR. WEATHERBEE….
remember “THE LITTLE ARCHIES?”
how about a couple of songs from the show….i found this one the other day and have been playing the heck out of it…
here are THE ARCHIES with “BANG SHANG A LANG.”
and who can forget thier number one song “SUGAR SUGAR.”
3. YOUR THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
“tell a man that there are 400 billion stars in the sky, and he’ll believe you….tell a man that a bench has wet paint…and he’ll HAVE to touch it.”
4. as you may, or may not know, i am a PIZZA FREAK…back when i worked at PIZZA HUT in ABERDEEN back in the early 80’s, we would get a small pizza for free for working four hours or over…I GOT TO EAT PIZZA EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK…and i used to try cool types of pizza…..best one? italian sausage and pepperoni…the worst? a spaghetti pizza….it was gross….pizza is huge over super bowl week…check this out…
****2.3 million feet of PIZZA HUT pizza will be sold on super bowl sunday.
****1200 tons of dough will be used at PIZZA HUT alone.
****120,000 PIZZA HUT employees will have to work super bowl sunday because of the incredible number of orders that will come in.
5. isn’t life funny? last night, JEANNIE AND I were playing cards with MITCHELL and his girlfriend JESSICA.. i was yawning and just about having my head hit the table because i was so tire…the second the game got over, i was wide awake and had trouble falling asleep….darn the luck, huh?
6. did you hear about this yesterday? a GREEN BAY PACKERS fan, who happens to work at a car dealership in CHICAGO, was fired this week for wearing a PACKERS tie to the dealership that helps sponsor some activities for THE CHICAGO BEARS…as you probably know, THE GREEN BAY PACKERS are headed to the super bowl after defeating the CHICAGO BEARS this past weekend….the boss said that he warned the man five times to take it off, and he wouldn’t so he fired him……I FEEL A LAWSUIT COMING ON…the man with the PACKERS tie, may become quite rich after he wins this lawsuit….
7. a man from CALIFORNIA is marketing a line of sodas that contain THC, the ingredient in marijuana that makes you high…each soda comes with a complimentary bag of CHEETOS…the bottles cost as much as FIFTEEN DOLLARS each, but after the first one, you really don’t care….
8. a man from GERMANY won a MINI COOPER car in a radio contest by having the car’s logo tattooed on his…umm…his manhood….the pain was bad enough, but how would you like to spend the rest of your life with the word “MINI” on that part of your body?
9. under the new rules, there are now TEN nominations for best picture at the ACADEMY AWARDS…you know what that means? HOLLYWOOD is going to have to start putting out ten good movies a year…
10. MARVEL COMICS has revealed that the “HUMAN TORCH” is the member of the FANTASTIC FOUR who will die next month…cause of death? BURN-OUT….what will they do with the body? obviously, cremation won’t work…
11. MADONNA AND PRINCE have settled their long running feud…finally, other residents of the nursing home can get some rest…
12. NEW YORK JETS quarterback MARK SANCHEZ was caught on camera picking his nose and wiping his finger on a teammate….he wiped it on the back up quarterback…idiot…he should have wiped it on THE NOSE GUARD….
13. in the academy award nominations, “THE KING’S SPEECH” ran away with 12 nominations….plus BRETT FAVRE was nominated in the category called “ANIMATED SHORTS.”
14. JOKE OF THE DAY:
“How long have you been driving without a tail light?” asked the policeman after pulling over a motorist. The driver jumped out, ran to the rear of his car, and gave a long, painful groan. He seemed so upset that the cop was moved to ease up on him a bit. “Come on, now,” he said, “you don’t have to take it so hard. It isn’t that serious.” “It isn’t?” cried the motorist. “Then you know what happened to my boat and trailer?”
HAVE A GREAT WEDNESDAY EVERYBODY…