HAPPY THURSDAY EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!! here’s yours truly and JOHN SCHNEIDER from “THE DUKES OF HAZZARD.”
thanks to DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS for bringing you today’s dail blog…..
1. today we salute one of the more pure voices in the music business in the last few decades, LINDA RONSTADT…LINDA has been around since the late 60’s and is still out there performing today….it’s not her birthday today, but i’ll let you know that LINDA RONSTADT is 64 years old…..isn’t that hard to believe? here’s LINDA back in her younger days….
and here is LINDA RONSTADT today…one of the pictures is with one of her many many fans…LINDA is on the right…..
2. what is a LINDA RONSTADT salute without some music?
here’s her first big hit…it’s LINDA RONSTADT AND THE STONE PONIES with “DIFFERENT DRUM” from 1967…..
here’s “WHEN WILL I BE LOVED.”
3. well, it’s official…when we arrive in THE TWIN CITIES on friday for our sales training, we will be going to a night of music at a small club in MINNEAPOLIS….i’m super excited to see the bands we’re going to see….the headline act is “PLAIN WHITE T’S”….they sing “1,2,3,4 I LOVE YOU”, “HEY THERE DELILAH” and their new smash is “RHYTHM OF LOVE.” do you know these guys?
here’s “HEY THERE DELILAH.”
the band PARACHUTE is opening up for them…they have a huge hit right now with “SHE IS LOVE.”
they are performing friday night at “FINE LINE MUSIC CAFE” in MINNEAPOLIS…can’t wait….
4. singer JIMMY BUFFETT fell off the stage in SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA…he was in the hospital for a short time…here’s a video of the fall…not a great video, but you can see him drop.
5. wow, are the pheasant out in big numbers…going to HECLA AND HOUGHTON the last couple of weeks has been interesting. you see, i have a huge crack in my front windshield that goes from one side to the other. and i guarantee you that ANY KIND OF HIT to the window is going to shatter it….and i’m not really excited about driving home with no window and temps below zero…..my window is so fragile that maybe even snowflakes could break it….
6. i’m just not excited about the super bowl….of course, i’ll watch it…i’ll stuff my face with food….and i’ll enjoy the time with family and friends….but i really don’t care about the game…however, i don’t want the STEELERS to win…so, i guess, by default, i’m rooting for the GREEN BAY PACKERS…
7. in the wake of big winter storms, the AMERICAN RED CROSS is seeking blood donations….they’re smart to ask for it before the I.R.S. gets it in APRIL….
8. a NOVA SCOTIA man is shooting a documentary about his travels across the USA AND THE UK with six realistic sex dolls….he misunderstood when a friend told him to not leave home without his “plastic.” umm..i’m pretty sure he meant VISA…
9. TACO BELL is rejecting claims in a lawsuit that it’s meat is not all beef…..the company says this lawsuit is aimed at just making a lot of noise…sort of like what the tacos do to me….
10. publicity hound attorney GLORIA ALLRED is getting her own courtroom tv show…unfortunately, she won’t be the one on trial…
11. JOKE OF THE DAY:
The local sheriff was looking for a deputy, so Gomer – who was not exactly the sharpest nail in the bucket went in to try out for the job. “Okay,” the sheriff drawled, “Gomer, what is 1 and 1?” “11” he replied. The sheriff thought to himself, “That’s not what I meant, but he’s right.” “What two days of the weekstart with the letter ‘T’?” “Today and tomorrow.” He was again surprised that Gomer supplied a correct answer that he had never thought of himself. “Now Gomer, listen carefully: Who killed Abraham Lincoln?” Gomer looked a little surprised himself, then thought really hard for a minute and finally admitted, “I don’t know.” “Well, why don’t you go home and work on that one for a while?” So, Gomer wandered over to the pool hall where his pals were waiting to hear the results of the interview. Gomer was exultant. “It went great! First day on the job and I’m already working on a murder case!”
HAVE A WONDERFUL THURSDAY EVERYBODY…