YOUR DAILY BLOG IS SPONSORED BY DAKOTA HOT TUBS AND DISCOUNT VAC BOTH OF ABERDEEN…
1. in our celebrity birthdays today, we salute actor ROBERT MANDAN, who turns 79 years young today…..you may remember him as SAM REYNOLDS on the soap opera “SEARCH FOR TOMORROW.”
but he’s mostly known as the star of the tv show “SOAP.”
and here’s ROBERT MANDAN today on his 79th birthday…..
2. THIRTY BELOW ZERO, WITH WIND CHILLS OF 50 BELOW? this weather is just crazy this winter….snow in all fifty states? CHICAGO is getting buried by a blizzard….DALLAS got buried by snow and an ice storm…OKLAHOMA recieved almost two feet of snow……temps in FLORIDA in the 40’s…..C’MON SPRING…GET HERE….
3. i’m going crazy waiting for the concert lineups to come out for the SOUTH DAKOTA STATE FAIR, CORN PALACE DAYS IN MITCHELL, SIOUX EMPIRE FAIR, and others….one event i want to go to this summer is MOONDANCE JAM in WALKER, MINNESOTA…i am so in the mood to sit out in a lawn chair for three days and hear great music…..haven’t done that for years, but i’m ready this year….
4. my beautiful wife is going to TEXAS this week with her brother and sisters to see another brother…you know what that means? STOCK UP ON THE DIET PEPSI, PIZZAS AND POPCORN…MITCHELL AND I will live on pizza while she’s gone….
5. i asked my wife the other day what we were going to do for the super bowl…are we throwing a party or going somewhere? she then informed me that she’ll be gone, to which i replied,”WONDERFUL…THEN I’LL JUST LAY AROUND THE HOUSE AND WATCH IT.” PAPA MURPHY PIZZA….CARMIKE POPCORN….AND DIET PEPSI….the super bowl diet of champions….ha ha
6. while JEANNIE’S gone, the couch will be my best friend….
7. today is GROUNDHOG DAY…but the bad news is, it doesn’t matter what the groundhog does, because with all the snow, it’s going to take six weeks to dig him out!!!
8. yesterday was “WORK NAKED DAY”, where employees who work at home were encouraged to do so completely naked….DANG IT…WHY DON’T PEOPLE TELL ME THESE THINGS BEFORE THE DAY AFTER?….oh well, i’ll just make up for it today….
9. there’s an increase in the number of people who are throwing birthday parties for THEIR DOGS….the hard part is gift wrapping the mailman…
10. while CHARLIE SHEEN is in rehab, WARNER BROTHERS say that their lost revenue on ‘TWO AND A HALF MEN’ could reach $250 million dollars…or approximately what CHARLIE SHEEN spent on strippers in the last month….
11. reaction continues to a BRITISH ACTOR playing SUPERMAN in an upcoming movie…he’ll take on his toughest enemy yet…THE DENTIST…
12. a man in EAST RIDGE, TENNESSEE, died after being bitten by a copperhead snake while he was trying to determine it’s sex…apparently he was looking at the wrong end…
13. JOKE OF THE DAY: (perfect for today)
Three blondes died and are at the pearly gates of heaven. St. Peter tells them that they can enter the gates if they can answer one simple question.
St. Peter asks the first blonde, “What is Easter?”
The blonde replies, “Oh, that’s easy! It’s the holiday in November when everyone gets together, eats turkey, and are thankful…”
“Wrong!” replies St. Peter, and proceeds to ask the second blonde the same question, “What is Easter?”
The second blonde replies, “Easter is the holiday in December when we put up a nice tree, exchange presents, and celebrate the birth of Jesus.”
St. Peter looks at the second blonde, shakes his head in disgust, tells her she’s wrong, and then peers over his glasses at the third blonde and asks, “What is Easter?”
The third blonde smiles confidently and looks St. Peter in the eyes, “I know what Easter is.”
“Oh?” says St. Peter, incredulously.
“Easter is the Christian holiday that coincides with the Jewish celebration of Passover. Jesus and his disciples were eating at the last supper and Jesus was later deceived and turned over to the Romans by one of his disciples. The Romans took him to be crucified and he was stabbed in the side, made to wear a crown of thorns, and was hung on a cross with nails through his hands. He was buried in a nearby cave which was sealed off by a large boulder.”
St. Peter smiles broadly with delight. The third blonde continues, “Every year the boulder is moved aside so that Jesus can come out and, if he sees his shadow, there will be six more weeks of winter.”
HAVE A GREAT WEDNESDAY…STAY WARM…