i’m going to really TRY to do a daily blog for wednesday thru friday, but i can’t positively say that i’ll have time. you see, i’ll be broadcasting from SANFORD in ABERDEEN for the CHILDREN’S MIRACLE NETWORK radiothon. yours truly and J KRENZ from pheasant country 103, will be live talking about this great organization. more on that in a little bit.\
here’s CHILDREN’S MIRACLE NETWORK founder JOHN SCHNEIDER with me at the convention in FLORIDA that i was at a few months ago.
your daily blog is sponsored by DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS OF ABERDEEN…
1. happy birthday wishes are going out to actor NICK NOLTE…he’s 70 today..yes, SEVENTY…that is hard to believe. NICK NOLTE started out his career as a good looking young man that had a lot of roles in HOLLYWOOD including “RICH MAN, POOR MAN, ” “NORTH DALLAS FOURTY” and many more. he also was a model in his younger days, and i did not know this, but he did stand up comedy as well…here’s NICK NOLTE in his younger days.
and here’s the birthday boy, NICK NOLTE today at 70…..
2. yesterday was a very sad day for a lot of us, as word started getting around about the very sudden death of brown county fair manager, LARRY GERLACH…..
LARRY was a friend of mine, and was truly the backbone of the brown county fair. in fact, thanks to LARRY GERLACH, we have had tremendous talent at the fair for the past few decades…..i remember when i was working in radio up in LISBON, NORTH DAKOTA, LARRY would call me up and see if i wanted to come down and announce the fair. it seemed like he had trouble getting anybody right in ABERDEEN to do it, so he called me, and i announced for many years at the fair…..the brown county fair, his family, and his huge mass of friends will miss this great man….my sincere condolences go out to his wife and family on this tragic loss…..
3. alright, let’s talk about the CHILDREN’S MIRACLE NETWORK…
first of all, let me go on record saying that i do not like their new logo…they unveiled it while we were in FLORIDA, and i didn’t care for it then either…
i’m a huge fan of their older logo….
anyway, wednesday thru friday, as i mentioned above, we will be broadcasting during the day from the SANFORD CLINIC in ABERDEEN, to raise awareness and funds for the CHILDREN’S MIRACLE NETWORK…you’ll be amazed how many kids and families in our immediate area have been impacted by this group….plus the stories you’ll hear will tear at your heart. we don’t ask a lot out of our listeners, but we are sincerely hoping that you will listen and donate to this wonderful cause….
4. yesterday when i was talking about the GREEN BAY PACKERS, i forgot to mention one person. my good friend, JEFF BAHR at the AMERICAN NEWS, is a diehard PACKERS fan, and i congratulate him, as well, on them winning the super bowl….PACKER FEVER has struck WISCONSIN, as thousands showed up to greet their team when they came home yesterday…
5. nothing strikes fear in a husband and children like hearing that the wife and mother is one her way home after being gone for five days. my wife recently went to TEXAS to see her brother, and in tradition, us boys let the house get dirty and piled up with dishes and clothes until the night before she comes home. well, i had thought in my mind that she was coming home today….but i talked with her yesterday morning about 8:00, and she said, “well, we’re in TOPEKA heading home.” MY HEART STOPPED…i immediately called my son MITCHELL, and told him “GET GOING ON THE HOUSE.” thank goodness that the WARNER SCHOOL was two hours late…it gave us a good head start..ha ha
6. was it just me or were the commercials fairly weak this year at the super bowl? many people wait to watch the commercials and i wasn’t very impressed this year…you would think if people are spending millions on a 30 second spot that they would really really work on what they want to say…don’t get me wrong, a couple were pretty good, but for the most part i was disappointed.
7. a new study finds that children put on more weight when thier mothers work….so, mom might be the bread winner, but evidently its bread that’s high in carbs….
8. experts are baffled by video footage of a U.F.O. that seemed to hover over JERUSALEM….officials have never seen any object fly over ISRAEL that didn’t blow up….
9. CHARLIE SHEEN reportedly spent super bowl sunday very low key with no booze, no parties, and no girls….he’s either trying to change his wild ways or have slipped into a coma….
10. LINDSAY LOHAN could be charged this week with felony grand theft related to shoplifting a necklace…while a “three picture deal” means movies to most people in HOLLYWOOD, it means three “mug shots” for LINDSAY…
11. when the tv show “GLEE” followed the super bowl, it recived more than double it’s regular audience…that’s because by then, most football fans had passed out drunk on the couch and forgot to shut the tv off…
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Lawyer: I have some good news and some bad news.
Client: Well, give me the bad news first.
Lawyer: The bad news is that the DNA tests showed that it was your blood they found all over the crime scene
Client: Oh no! I’m ruined! What’s the good news?
Lawyer: The good news is your cholesterol is down to 130!
or how about this one:
A Canadian bloke is walking down the street with a case of beer under his arm.
His friend Randy stops him and asks, “Hey Dave! Whatcha got that case of beer for?”
“Well, I got it for my wife, you see?” answers Dave.
“Wow,” exclaims Randy, “Great trade.
HAVE A GREAT TUESDAY MY FRIENDS…