HAPPY HAPPY TUESDAY EVERYBODY….
YOUR DAILY BLOG IS SPONSORED BY DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS OF ABERDEEN….
1. today, we salute a beautiful actress LEE MERIWETHER…she is now 75 years old…..she played CATWOMAN and she played alongside actor BUDDY EBSEN in “BARNABY JONES.” which by the way, i didn’t miss…..LOVE THAT SHOW…
here’s LEE MERIWETHER as CATWOMAN and with BUDDY EBSEN on the hit tv show…(perfect clothing match by the way…yikes)
and here’s LEE MERIWETHER today at 75…………….
2. i also ran across a picture of MIKE CONNORS who played “MANNIX” on tv…used to never miss that show either….here’s “JOE MANNIX” on the tv show…he was a hunk to many women….
i get a kick out of finding the tv themes from back then..it really brings back memories…remember the theme and opening credits for “MANNIX?”
and here’s actor MIKE CONNORS today at the age of 85 years old..
3. CLASSIC COMMERCIAL…”how many licks does it take for a tootsie pop?” let’s find out…
4. man, i hate getting older….last night JEANNIE, TYLER AND I had a great meal at BULLY’S, and then we planned on going to see a movie….well, while sitting there after supper, JEANNIE AND I realized that we were exhausted, ready to go to sleep, and were going to skip the movie….AT 6:30PM….YEAH…6:30….how depressing is that? well, anyway, we had a tremendous time with TYLER, and we only wished that MITCHELL would have been there too, but he was playing pep band in WARNER…
5. speaking of pep band, i’m hearing rumors that my awesome WARNER HIGH SCHOOL PEP BAND, might be playing soon at an ABERDEEN WINGS hockey game….and it might be another appearance at the “STATE ‘B'”…..this band is amazing…they played at PRESENTATION COLLEGE a couple of weeks back and recieved lots of praise….
6. when we got home last night MITCHELL was watching the 80’s horror classic “AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON.”
so, i had to watch it for awhile…still scary after all these years….that’s the sign of a good horror movie….however, the special effects have sure changed in the past couple of decades…
7. COCA COLA’S secret formula has been discovered….it was published in a february 1979 article in an ATLANTA newspaper….the big secret? they took PEPSI and added more sugar…..(JUST KIDDING….NO LETTERS PLEASE…I KNOW WHAT THAT CAFFEINE DOES TO YOU)
8. divorce lawyers report that divorce filings spike by an average of 40 percent around valentine’s day…so, guys, i hope you chose that gift REALLY REALLY REALLY CAREFULLY…
9. as a valentine’s promotion, NEW YORK’S BRONX ZOO would let people name a hissing cockroach after their partner for just TEN DOLLARS….well, if that’s what you bought this year, congratulations….you won’t have to worry about what to buy next year…
10. last week, 35 cases of beef were stolen from a GEORGIA TACO BELL….apparently LADY GAGA was looking for something to wear to the GRAMMY’S….(when the suspect is found, his punishment will be to eat some of it.)
11. CHRISTINA AGUILERA tripped and nearly fell when she was leaving the stage at the GRAMMY’S….she was going to scream, “OW…DAMMIT”, but she forgot the words….
12. JOKE OF THE DAY: (ah yes…a classic)
Susie’s husband had been slipping in and out of a coma for several months. Things looked grim, but she was by his bedside every single day. One day as he slipped back into consciousness, he motioned for her to come close to him. She pulled the chair close to the bed and leaned her ear close to be able to hear him.
“You know” he whispered, his eyes filling with tears, “you have been with me through all the bad times. When I got fired, you stuck right beside me. When my business went under, there you were. When we lost the house, you were there. When I got shot, you stuck with me. When my health started failing, you were still by my side. “And you know what?”
“What, dear?” she asked gently, smiling to herself.
“I think you’re bad luck.”
HAVE A GREAT TUESDAY EVERYBODY…