your daily blog is sponsored by DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS OF ABERDEEN…
1. “CAGNEY AND LACEY” was a good show back in the 80’s…it starred TYNE DALY and SHARON GLESS….
it had a cool theme song, too….
here are the girls back on the show…
here are the girls a few years back…
let’s see what they look like today…
here’s SHARON GLESS today…SHARON is 67….
and here’s TYNE DALY today…TYNE is 64….
2. CLASSIC COMMERCIAL…
“you’re soaking in it”….
this won’t happen anymore, because it’s hard to soak your hands in a DISHWASHER….
3. it’s amazing how many songs we play from the 1970’s that take me back to rollerskating in WEBSTER…we used to go rollerskating quite often, and it was a great way to “couple skate” with A GIRL…YES, A GIRL…i laugh when i think about those days…you felt like you were going to pass out because you had to talk to a woman…and holding their hand while skating? WOW..the icing on the cake…ha ha
4. my wife really wants to go ice skating this year. i haven’t done that since i was in high school….and remember, bones break a lot easier when you’re old…anyway, it brought back memories of skating on PIERPONT LAKE….we used to go out there with our skates on, and we’d use brooms and shovels to clear the snow off of a spot so we could skate…the best part? MOM always had the most delicious hot chocolate ready when we got home….
5. i love politics…but i’m so disgusted by CONGRESS, and sometimes by state goverment too….WHY DON’T THEY TAKE MY ADVICE? i think we should abolish all political parties and make one party…THE AMERICAN PARTY….we choose the 3 or 4 best people to run for office, and vote for them…that way, everybody is in the same party, and is working on the same goals…it’s amazing to me how stupid people are just because they have a different party affiliation…..working for us? not bloody likely…
6. speaking of politics…i used to love GLEN BECK…i enjoyed watching him, but now i can’t stand watching him…he’s turned into a whiney tv host, who uses a stupid blackboard to explain his points….boring……never missed him before, now i scan right by his show when it’s on…disappointing..
7. with every day we creep closer and closer to MITCHELL’S high school graduation….i get choked up thinking about it….i’m not going to handle this one very well….
8. in YEMEN, thousands of people are marching in protest…not against their president, however…they’re torked off that JUSTIN BIEBER didn’t win a GRAMMY for BEST NEW ARTIST…
9. did you see that video of CBS newsperson SERENE BRANSON during the GRAMMY’S? she was rambling incoherently, and people thought she was having a stroke live on the air….well, doctors now say she wasn’t having a stroke. and there’s more good news…she won the BOB DYLAN impersonation contest….congrats…
10. BILLY RAY CYRUS told GQ magazine that he blames the “HANNAH MONTANA” tv show for destroying his family and turning his daughter MILEY into a HOLLYWOOD wild child…he says he wishes the show “never existed.” i know the feeling…many people feel the same way about THE MORNING PARTY….
11. LINDSAY LOHAN wants to open a clothing and jewelry boutique….she’ll have multiple locations in CALIFORNIA, NEW YORK, and the trunk of her car….
12. CHRISTINA AGUILERA filed for divorce from her husband JORDAN BRATMAN the other day…she apparently forgot the words to her wedding vows, too….
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A family had twin boys who looked exactly alike. But their outlook on life was very different. One was an eternal optimist, the other was a doom and gloom pessimist.
Just to see what would happen, on the twins’ birthday their father loaded the pessimist’s room with every imaginable toy and game. He then loaded the optimist’s room with horse manure.
That night the father passed by the pessimist’s room and found him sitting surrounded by all his new toys crying bitterly.
“Why are you crying?” the father asked.
“Because my friends will be jealous, I’ll have to read all these instructions before I can do anything with this stuff, I’ll constantly need batteries, and my toys will eventually get broken,” answered the pessimist twin.
Passing the optimist twin’s room, the father found him dancing for joy in the pile of manure. “What are you so happy about?! ” he asked.
To which his optimist twin replied, “There’s got to be a pony in here somewhere!”
HAVE A TREMENDOUSLY NICE WEDNESDAY EVERYBODY…