ISN’T IT AMAZING HOW YOU CAN START OUT SO DARN CUTE, AND THEN WIND UP LOOKING LIKE I DO TODAY?
today’s daily blog is once again, sponsored by DAKOTA HOT TUBS AND DISCOUNT VAC OF ABERDEEN….
1. actor HAL HOLBROOK turns 86 years old today!!! he is known for many roles, but mostly for playing MARK TWAIN…he’s also known for being married for “DESIGNING WOMEN” star, the late DIXIE CARTER…
here’s HAL HOLBROOK back then…
and here’s the birthday boy, HAL HOLBROOK today at 86, including a picture with his wife DIXIE CARTER, who died april 10th of last year at the age of 70………..
2. UNCLE LEO IS DEAD…OH NO….actor LEN LESSER died at the age of 88…..he’s best known for playing JERRY SEINFELD’S UNCLE LEO on the hit tv show “SEINFELD.” he also appeared on many other shows including “THE MONKEES” back in the late 60’s and 70’s…..
3. did you know this? actress JANUARY JONES once attended school in HECLA….YES, HECLA….i just found that out the other day…JANUARY JONES appears in a new movie coming out this weekend called “UNKNOWN.”
4. last night at confirmation, we studied the ten commandments again…we’re doing one at a time, in depth, every wednesday night. last night was “HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER.” we talked about respect for your elders, and i brought up a good point…i think respect for elders is probably at an all time low right now…it seems like SOME of the younger generation has issues with listening to adults…..(OH NO…I SOUND LIKE A GRUMPY OLD MAN…) obviously, not every younger person fits in the group, but i will say this…IT DRIVES ME CRAZY SEEING YOUNGER PEOPLE DISS THEIR ELDERS….
5. it’s amazing how time flies when you’re having fun…last night i stopped and saw some good friends in HOUGHTON on my way back from HECLA….we had such an enjoyable talk, and all of a sudden i looked at the clock and it was 10:15….YIKES…i got home around 11:10, went to bed and got up at 3:45 this morning….i’m definetly going to need a nap this afternoon…
6. it’s going to be weird not seeing LARRY GERLACH roaming the grounds of the BROWN COUNTY FAIR…GERLACH died recently, and will be greatly greatly missed….i used to always see him buzzing around in a golf cart, usually with his wonderful wife beside him…
7. it’s burger night tonight at BIG D’S IN WARNER….JEANNIE, MITCHELL, AND I usually go up and enjoy a delicious burger….then we hurry and get home to watch “THE OFFICE” and “OUTSOURCED.” what a family night, huh?
8. THE BORDERS BOOK STORE CHAIN has filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy…..you can read all about it in a new book being sold exclusively at BARNES AND NOBLE….
9. LARRY HAGMAN said that in the “DALLAS” remake, his character J. R. EWING is a “mover and a shaker.” the good news for HAGMAN is that at his age there’s medication for that….
10. in an interview this week, CHARLIE SHEEN said that he has “never been drunk or high on the set of TWO AND A HALF MEN.”….he’s correct, because he’s only been hammered in his dressing room, in the parking lot, in the stairwell…but NEVER ON THE SET….
11. today is PARIS HILTON’S 30th birthday…and she’s super excited and ready to party, because FINALLY her age is higher than her I.Q……
12. LANCE ARMSTRONG announced that he is retiring from cycling for the second time….THE BRETT FAVRE OF BIKING…
13. reports that said that LINDSAY LOHAN would be on the DAVID LETTERMAN show to deliver the “top ten” are false…too bad, i’m sure she would have STOLEN the show…
14. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A fellow stopped at a gas station and after filling his tank. He paid the bill and bought a soft drink. He stood by his car drinking his cola and watched two men working along the roadside.
One man would dig a hole 2 or 3 feet deep and then move on. The other man came along behind him and filled in the hole. While one was digging a new hole the other was about 25 feet behind filling in the old.
“Hold it” he said to the men. “Can you tell me what’s going on here with the digging?”
“Well, we’re union and we work for the state” one of the men stated.
“But one of you digs a hole and the other fills it up. You’re not accomplishing anything. Aren’t you wasting the state’s money?”
“You don’t understand, mister” one of the workers said, leaning on his shovel and wiping his brow. “Normally, there’s three of us … me, Bubba and Earl. I dig the hole, Bubba sticks in the tree, and Earl here puts the dirt back in the hole. Just ’cause Bubba’s sick, that don’t mean that Earl and me shouldn’t work!”
HAPPY THURSDAY EVERYBODY..