HAPPY MONDAY EVERYBODY…I TRUST YOU HAD A GREAT WEEKEND…LET’S JUST HOPE THAT THE WEEK GOES INSANELY FAST, RIGHT?
your daily blog is sponsored by DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS, both of ABERDEEN…
1. happy birthday wishes are going out to actor DANIEL J. TRAVANTI, who starred as CAPTAIN FURILLO on “HILL STREET BLUES.” he turns 71 today….remember him? he’s the one standing in this picture….
here’s DANIEL J. TRAVANTI today at 71……
this one is a bearded TRAVANTI starring in the broadway musical “A TOUCH OF THE POET.”
2. your classic commercial for today:
remember the MRS. BUTTERWORTH commercials from the 70’s and 80’s? we have one here…the only thing is this…if i’m sitting at a table and my syrup bottle starts talking to me, i’m getting the hell out of the house!!
3. my heart just broke over the weekend concerning this star basketball player from MICHIGAN….the best player on the team was helping his team to a narrow win over their toughest opponent of the season. in fact, this young man scored a layup as time expired for the win. he then went to celebrate with his teammates, but unfortunately he collapsed and died on the court….i can’t imagine watching that happen…our sincere sympathies go out to the boy’s parents and siblings, to the coaching staff, and to the other players on the team who loved this young man.
4. big news!! PHIL COLLINS IS RETIRING FROM THE MUSIC BUSINESS…
PHIL announced over the weekend, citing back problems and nerve damage in his hands as the culprit…..PHIL said that he would rather help his children do things than ruin his hands and arms and health playing the drums and touring. PHIL COLLINS is of course, the lead singer of GENESIS, and had a very wonderful solo career as well. we will now salute PHIL COLLINS on his retirement…THANKS PHIL FOR MANY WONDERFUL YEARS OF GREAT MUSIC!!!
here’s my favorite PHIL COLLINS tune…”AGAINST ALL ODDS.”
and here he is as frontman of GENESIS singing “THAT’S ALL.”
5. JEANNIE AND I decided to take it nice and easy last night. so we put in one of our favorite movies, “THE HANGOVER.”
this movie is SO SO FUNNY!!! it’s just crazy with all the fun stuff that happens to these guys in LAS VEGAS….we curled up on the couch last night with a “pizza corner pizza” and a bucket of CARMIKE buttered popcorn and watched the movie. it was relaxing after a very very busy weekend.
6. yeah, it was a crazy weekend. i worked all day saturday at SPITZER MILLER FUNERAL HOME…then saturday night it was “HUB CITY RADIO NIGHT” at the ABERDEEN WING’S hockey game….it was a great great night…the WARNER HIGH SCHOOL BAND played that night, and it was MILITARY APPRECIATION NIGHT as well. at the end of the game, the WING’S players auctioned off their camouflage uniforms that they wore last night…they were going from FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS PAST A THOUSAND DOLLARS…it jumped out of my price range rather quickly….
7. a VIRGIN BLUE flight attendant has been fire for putting a 17 month old child in the overhead bin…hey, come on, it was “VIRGIN” airlines..what was a baby doing there in the first place?
8. a KINGSTON, GEORGIA man was arrested for shoplifting after he allegedly stuff a rotisserie chicken down the front of his pants….are they sure he’s a shoplifter and not just very very very very very very lonely?
9. actor DAVID ARQUETTE is okay after a car crash last week. his “car crash” was not to be confused with his “career crash” and “marriage crash.”
10. actor GARY BUSEY announced that he’s praying for CHARLIE SHEEN to get his head on straight…oh my goodness…if that doesn’t shock CHARLIE into realizing he’s nuts, nothing will.
11. a man from FLORIDA was arrested and charged with battery for trapping his ex-girlfriends mother in a foldout couch…on the bright side, when he did it, he found all kinds of spare change to put toward his bail money!!
12. RIO DE JANEIRO’S annual “CARNIVAL” is underway, complete with non stop music, non stop partying and half naked women…OOPS…CORRECT THAT…i’m thinking of any day at CHARLIE SHEEN’S house…
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A retired gentleman went into the Social Security office to apply for Social Security. After waiting in line a long time he got to the counter. The woman behind the counter asked him for his drivers license to verify his age. He looked in his pockets and realized he had left his wallet at home. He told the woman that he was very sorry but he seemed to have left his wallet at home.
“Will I have to go home and come back now?” he asks.
The woman says, “Unbutton your shirt.”
He opens his shirt revealing lots of curly silver hair.
She says, “That silver hair on your chest is proof enough for me,” and she processes his Social Security application.
When he gets home, the man excitedly tells his wife about his experience at the Social Security office.
She says, “You should have dropped your pants, you might have qualified for disability, too.”
HAVE A TREMENDOUSLY WONDERFUL MONDAY EVERYBODY..