first of all, happy birthday wishes are in order for my younger sister LISA in WATERTOWN…she joins the 40 club today…WELCOME LITTLE SISTER…LOVE YA…. (people say she looks like me)
today’s daily blog is sponsored by DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS, BOTH OF ABERDEEN..
1. happy birthday wishes are also going out to DEAN TORRENCE of “JAN AND DEAN.” he turns 71 today…you remember JAN AND DEAN, right?
they had great hits like “LITTLE OLD LADY FROM PASADENA” and “DEAD MAN’S CURVE.”
here is DEAN TORRENCE today at 71….
his counterpart, JAN BERRY, as you remember, was involved in a horrible horrible car accident that left him suffering until his death.
JAN BERRY died in 2004….i saw him at the BRITTON country festival back in 1985, and he really struggled on stage…here’s a picture of JAN BERRY before his death…
2. in our “WHATEVER HAPPENED TO…” segment for today, we feature the very beautiful ELIZABETH MONTGOMERY who starred as SAMANTHA on “BEWITCHED.”
ELIZABETH MONTGOMERY died in 1995 at the age of 62….she was cremated and her ashes were given to a friend…here she is in her last few years…
3. JENNIFER ANISTON is in a very cool viral video that is an ad for SMARTWATER…in the video she picks on former “viral video stars” and does an incredible job with it…AND SHE IS SO DOGGONE HOT….here’s the video…
4. ASH WEDNESDAY was last night…one of the guys who came up front of the church to get ashes on their forehead is mostly bald….i told him afterwards that i was going to make a gigantic cross across the top of his head, and he said that i should have….i didn’t want to make a mockery of it, so i didn’t, but it would have been funny….
5. classic commercial for the day:
here’s a very early “SUPER SUGAR CRISP” commercial from the 60’s…
6. the state girl’s basketball tournaments start today…good luck to the ABERDEEN CENTRAL girl’s team….the team that i think you should keep an eye on? THE SUMMIT EAGLES…hopefully they will come home with a title…..i would be happy for the team, especially ALEX KNEELAND who is an incredible athlete…
7. the WHITE HOUSE is discussing a NO-FLY zone over LIBYA…meanwhile, the MIAMI HEAT are discussing a NO-CRY zone in their locker room.
8. this week marks the beginning of LENT…of course, it’s always LENT for LINDSAY LOHAN…as in “I THOUGHT THEY LENT ME THAT NECKLACE…”
9. FACEBOOK is cited in ONE out of FIVE divorces…and that’s just in LARRY KING’S and ELIZABETH TAYLOR’S homes…
10. inside sources say that CBS will likely try to continue “TWO AND A HALF MEN” with a more “stable and reliable” actor than CHARLIE SHEEN…thier first choice? GARY BUSEY….
11. popeater.com says that an insider claims that despite making TWO MILLION DOLLARS an episode from “TWO AND A HALF MEN” CHARLIE SHEEN didn’t handle his money well and is nearly broke….i’ll be damn…whoever imagined that crack and hookers would be a bad investment!!!!
12. HASBRO has introduced a “new slimmer version” of MR. AND MRS. POTATO HEAD.” they dropped several pounds by substituting olive oil for the usual butter and sour cream…
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Bob, a 70-year-old, extremely wealthy widower, shows up at the Country Club with a breathtakingly beautiful and very sexy 25-year-old blonde-haired woman who knocks everyone’s socks off with her youthful sex appeal and charm and who hangs over Bob’s arm and listens intently to his every word. His buddies at the club are all aghast.
At the very first chance, they corner him and ask, “Bob, how’d you get the trophy girlfriend?”
Bob replies, “Girlfriend? She’s my wife!”
They are knocked over, but continue to ask. “So, how’d you persuade her to marry you?”
“I lied about my age,” Bob replies.
“What, did you tell her you were only 50?”
Bob smiles and says, “No, I told her I was 90.”
HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY EVERYBODY…