your daily blog is brought to you by DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS, BOTH IN ABERDEEN….
1. happy birthday wishes are going out to actor JUDD HIRSCH who turns 76 years old today….JUDD stars in the tv show “NUB3ERS”, and was the star of “TAXI”, back in the 70’s and 80’s….
here he is with “TAXI” co-star DANNY DEVITO…
here is JUDD HIRSCH today at the age of 76…..
2. in our “WHATEVER HAPPENED TO”, segment for today, we feature legendary funnyman GROUCHO MARX…GROUCHO, was one of the brothers in the “MARX BROTHERS”, which also featured CHICO and HARPO, and GUMMO….
GROUCHO and his brothers starred in such legendary movies as “ANIMAL CRACKERS”, and “DUCK SOUP.” GROUCHO also was the radio and tv host of “YOU BET YOUR LIFE.”
here’s GROUCHO MARX in his later years…the first picture was taken a year before his death…
GROUCHO MARX died at the age of 86 in 1977…his death, however, was a bit overshadowed, as he died three days after ELVIS PRESLEY….obviously, ELVIS stole the headlines with his untimely death….GROUCHO’S ashes are interred at the EDEN MEMORIAL PARK CEMETARY in LOS ANGELES…
probably one of the weirdest things about GROUCHO MARX in his later years, was his friendship with rocker ALICE COOPER…they golfed together, and really became good friends….
after GROUCHO’S death, ALICE COOPER paid to have the “HOLLYWOOD SIGN” repainted in honor of his friend….
3. YOUR CLASSIC COMMERCIAL FOR TODAY:
geez…didn’t you just hate it when you had “ring around the collar?”
4. here’s an update on my dad…he’s doing MUCH better…he had a really good day yesterday, and should be coming home sometime in the next two or three days….THANK GOD….it’s weird to be at that stage in life, where you have to worry about your parent’s health….keep in mind, my parents are only 66 and 67…still awfully young….anyway, they took good care of us in our younger years, so now it’s our turn…
5. i’m very disappointed in one of my favorite comedians…GILBERT GOTTFRIED was fired by AFLAC after making very stupid remarks on twitter about JAPAN….GILBERT was the voice of the AFLAC DUCK….
here’s a couple of GILBERT’S not very thought out tweets…
“JAPAN IS REALLY ADVANCED…THEY DON’T GO TO THE BEACH, THEY LET THE BEACH COME TO THEM.”
“I JUST SPLIT UP WITH MY GIRLFRIEND….BUT LIKE THE JAPANESE SAY ‘THERE WILL BE ANOTHER ONE FLOATING BY ANY MINUTE NOW.”
WOW….really dumb remarks….
6. I HATE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME…i enjoy the extra hour of sunlite, but i hate the way i feel for days after the clock change…you wouldn’t think it would make a difference, but man, my butt drags for awhile after the change…i’m sure you’re the same way…
7. a survey says that U.S. millionaires say that SEVEN MILLION DOLLARS is no longer enough to be rich….INCREDIBLE…yep, times are tough when folks have to pull out a bucket and a rag and hand wash their own private jet!!
8. censors have cleared BOB DYLAN to perform in CHINA…that seems fair….the CHINESE are always sending us products we don’t understand as well…
9. “MISS WESTON FLORIDA” CAROLINE SCHWITZKY, was stripped of her title after pageant officials discovered she’d previously been named “MISS EXXXOTICA 2008” at a porn convention…sounds like she should be used to being stripped.
10. JAKE GYLLENHAAL got into a scuffle with a guy who tried to take his picture while he was in a men’s restroom….umm, when they follow you into the bathroom, shouldn’t they be called “POOP-A-RAZZI?
11. a marketing company has created a CHARLIE SHEEN inspired energy drink that comes in an I-V bag…and just like CHARLIE SHEEN, it may only be available for a limited time.
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Morris realized he needed to purchase a hearing aid, but he felt unwilling to spend much money.
“How much do they cost?” he asked the salesperson.
“That depends,” he said. “They run from $2.00 to $2,000.”
“Let’s see the $2.00 model,” said Morris the miser.
The salesperson put the device around Morris’ neck.
“You just stick this button in your ear and run this little string down to your pocket,” he instructed.
“How does it work?” , asked Morris.
“For $2.00 it doesn’t work,” the salesperson replied. “But when people see it on you, they’ll talk louder.”
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY TODAY MY FRIENDS..