IT’S MID WEEK ALREADY…YEE-HAW!!!!!!!!!
your daily blog is sponsored by DISCOUNT VAC AND DAKOTA HOT TUBS, BOTH OF ABERDEEN….
1. happy birthday wishes are going out to legendary funnyman JERRY LEWIS…can you beleive this? JERRY LEWIS is 85 today….85……..here’s JERRY in his early days with my main man, DEAN MARTIN….
and here’s JERRY LEWIS today on his 85th birthday…
2. “WE’LL BE BACK IN TWO AND TWO.”
game show host CHUCK WOOLERY turns 70 today….you may remember him from “THE LOVE CONNECTION”, and he was the original host of “WHEEL OF FORTUNE.” here he is back in the day…
and here he is recently…wow…what a group of celebrities in this picture….
they include, from left to right, BOB EUBANKS, JAMIE FARR, HUGH DOWNS, CHUCK WOOLERY AND WINK MARTINDALE…
3. in our “WHATEVER HAPPENED TO” file for today, we find out what happened to CHUCK CONNORS of “THE RIFLEMAN” fame…
here is CHUCK CONNORS with co-star JOHNNY CRAWFORD.
remember the show opening and closing? here it is…
by the way, here is a picture of the little boy JOHNNY CRAWFORD, who is a well known band leader today…and guess what? he’s 64 years old!!!
CHUCK CONNORS appeared in such movies as “AIRPLANE 2”, “SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL GUNFIGHTER” and the tv miniseries “ROOTS.” CHUCK died in 1992 at the age of 71 of complications from lung cancer….here’s a later picture of him, and a picture of his gravesite…
4. i found something really cool yesterday…a friend of mine suggested that i look up the music group “POMPLAMOOSE.” they are a husband and wife team, who recorded EVERY TRACK of their songs at home…and they used items like a toy piano, a xylophone, and more…here they are doing their incredible version of “MISTER SANDMAN”. check out this very unique video…remember, they did all the instruments and all the vocals….
5. YOUR CLASSIC COMMERCIAL FOR TODAY:
remember this after shave?
6. well, my MOM AND DAD made it home from MINNEAPOLIS okay last night…it’s so great to have them back home, and to have DAD out of the hospital….and now, next tuesday, i get to take DAD back to MINNEAPOLIS for another doctor appointment…yep, i think i have the route to the TWIN CITIES down pat…
7. HOW ABOUT THIS WEATHER? wow….you could actually see the snowpiles going down yesterday…and today will be even better…close to FIFTY DEGREES today…can’t wait….
8. the latest shoe fad out of ENGLAND is a pair of $2,000 dollar designer shoes that make your feet look like HORSE HOOVES…and now if ROSIE O’DONNELL buys a pair, the transformation will be totally complete…
9. EA SPORTS said that the NFL lockout won’t impact the release of the MADDEN NFL 12 video game…the game is so realistic that it will show NFL players mowing thier lawn, watching tv, and drinking beer…everything they will probably be doing during the regular season this year…
10. analysts say that the DISNEY animated movie “MARS NEEDS MOMS”, is shaping up to be one of the biggest movie flops of all time…which means an uncertain future for the sequel “MARS NEEDS CRAZY PEOPLE WITH TIGER BLOOD.”
11. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Jacob, age 92, and Rebecca, age 89, are all excited about their decision to get married. They go for a stroll to discuss the wedding and on the way they pass a drugstore. Jacob suggests they go in. Jacob addresses the man behind the counter:
‘Are you the owner?’ The pharmacist answers yes.
Says Jacob: ‘We’re about to get married. Do you sell heart medication?’
HAVE A JOYOUS WEDNESDAY…
Pharmacist: ‘Of course we do.’
Jacob: ‘How about medicine for circulation?’
Pharmacist: ‘All kinds.’
Jacob: ‘Medicine for rheumatism, scoliosis? ‘
Jacob: ‘How about Viagra?’
Pharmacist: ‘Of course.’
Jacob: ‘Medicine for memory problems, arthritis, jaundice?’
Pharmacist: ‘Yes, a large variety. The works.’
Jacob: ‘What about vitamins, sleeping pills, Geritol, antidotes for Parkinson’s disease?’
Jacob: ‘You sell wheelchairs and walkers?’
Pharmacist: ‘All speeds and sizes.’
Jacob says to the pharmacist: ‘We’d like to register here for our wedding gifts, please.’