BRING IT ON BABY…IT’S ALMOST THE WEEKEND….AND IT’S TIME FOR THE LAST TWO ABERDEEN WINGS GAMES OF THE SEASON TONIGHT AND SATURDAY NIGHT AT THE ODDE ICE ARENA…THANK YOU WINGS FOR A WONDERFUL FIRST YEAR!!
1. first, WILLIAM SHATNER turns 80 years old, and now his “STAR TREK” co-star LEONARD NIMOY turns 80….that’s just hard to believe, isn’t it? “SPOCK” is celebrating his 80th birthday today, and i thought it would be fun to feature him in our blog today…here’s a couple of earlier pictures of LEONARD NIMOY including the first one from 1952, way early in his career.
and then, of course, the role that will last forever….
and here’s LEONARD NIMOY today on his 80th birthday. one of the pictures is with “CAPTAIN KIRK”, his good friend, WILLIAM SHATNER…
2. in our “WHATEVER HAPPENED TO” segment, we feature 60’s singer PETULA CLARK….she had a great musical career with wonderful songs like “DOWNTOWN”, and “MY LOVE.”
here’s the song “MY LOVE”, which is by far, my favorite PETULA CLARK song…
and here’s “DOWNTOWN.”
well, PETULA CLARK is now 78 years old and is still out there performing….here’s a couple of later year pictures of PETULA CLARK…
3. i was thinking the other day of some of the breakfast cereals that i liked back in the 60’s and 70’s. so, i thought i would find some “classic cereal boxes” and see if you remember them too…here they are….
4. maybe it’s just me, but i felt that ELIZABETH TAYLOR and MICHAEL JACKSON had kind of a “creepy” relationship….i’m sure it was real, but to me, it was a bit weird….she showed up everywhere to support him, and they were spotted together many many times…well, in classic form, ELIZABETH TAYLOR was places in a spot right by MICHAEL JACKSON yesterday…hmm..together forever?
5. don’t know what to do this weekend…other than seeing the ABERDEEN WINGS play twice….i do know one thing….the couch will be my best friend for awhile this weekend…i’m still exhausted from the long trip home from the TWIN CITIES during the winter storm the other night….isn’t it weird that “SLEEPING IN” for me, is getting up saturday morning at 6am? ha ha
6. DUKE was beaten last night in the NCAA TOURNAMENT…that’s okay with me…i love when UNDERDOGS win….
7. this is super weird…but true….researchers are successfully growing “mouse sperm” in a lab…you know, just in case we happen to run out of mice….(WHICH IS PERFECTLY OKAY WITH ME.)
8. researchers also found that sudden bursts of physical activity, such as jogging or having “intimacy” increase the risk of heart attacks in people who don’t excercise often….good news for me…EITHER WAY I’M SAFE…
9. a man from ARIZONA claims that he found a condom in his CHEESECAKE FACTORY shrimp appetizer, when in reality it was just a finger from a chef’s glove….wow…if this guy mistook a glove’s pinkie finger for a condom, he had a lot bigger problems than this…
10. a MIDEAST expert says that LIBYAN leader GADDAFI is losing his grip on reality…why? because he picked DUKE to win it all…
11. the NFL has voted to move the kickoff to the 35 yard line out of concern for players….now the players won’t have so far to run to get a concussion.
12. DOROTHY YOUNG, the last surviving stage assistant of the legendary magician HARRY HOUDINI, has died at the age of 103…the family said it will be a private funeral, and then she will be sawed in half…..(OKAY, THAT WAS JUST WRONG…)
13. JOKE OF THE DAY: A CLASSIC!!!!!!!!
Three sisters, ages 92, 94, and 96, live in a house together.
One night the 96 year old draws a bath. She puts her foot in and pauses. She yells down the stairs, “Was I getting in or out of the bath?”
The 94 year old yells back, “I don’t know. I’ll come up and see.”
She starts up the stairs and pauses. Then she yells, “Was I going up the stairs or down?”
The 92 year old is sitting at the kitchen table having tea listening to her sisters. She shakes her head and says “I sure hope I never get that forgetful.”
She knocks on wood for good measure. She then yells, “I’ll come up and help both of you as soon as I see who’s at the door.”
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND EVERYBODY…..