HAPPY MONDAY..OR NOT…
1. happy birthday wishes are going out to actor KEN HOWARD…he turns 67 today….he is best known for his early 80’s tv show “THE WHITE SHADOW”, where he plays a basketball coach for a bunch of misfits. and of course, he helps turn their lives around and become good students and good basketball players…he played coach KEN REEVES, who was also a former star for the CHICAGO BULLS, on the tv show only…he also portrayed THOMAS JEFFERSON on the show “1776.”
today KEN HOWARD is known for playing the role of MAX in the tv show “CROSSING JORDAN.” here he is today…
2. have you ever wondered whatever happened to TELLY SAVALAS? well, he was best known for the awesome tv show “KOJAK”, where he always sucked on a lollipop, and uttered his famous line shown below…
TELLY SAVALAS was known before KOJAK, as appearing as ARCHER in the classic movie “THE DIRTY DOZEN.” TELLY SAVALAS died in 1994 at the age of 72, one day after his birthday….
here is TELLY with actor WILLIAM CONRAD and another man.
did you know that TELLY SAVALAS’S brother GEORGE played on KOJAK, too? yep…remember him?
3. i would like to say a personal huge thank you to GREG ODDE and his family for bringing the ABERDEEN WINGS to town….you guys need to be commended for taking a chance to bring junior hockey to town…and what a success it is!! on saturday night, 1573 packed the ODDE ICE ARENA to watch the WINGS win their second game of the weekend…our beloved WINGS won in a shootout on friday night….
i’ve already gone into depression over hockey ending..ha ha….and i’ll tell you this…september cannot come quick enough, so i can get back in the seats and watch hockey!!
4. from all accounts that i’ve heard from JIM WITTER absolutely was awesome last night….he of course, was doing a tribute to ELTON JOHN and BILLY JOEL…..i’ve talked with a few people already and everyone of them loved it, and said they hope he comes back soon….
5. i couldn’t make it last night, because the WARNER SCHOOL had their annual “NIGHT AT THE THEATER.” and my son MITCHELL had a hand in the event….MITCHELL did a hilarious comedy piece with BRADY FUHRMAN…plus he was in the one act play…there are tons of talented people in the school, but the one that blew me away was LEXI BIERMAN…seriously….she could be on “AMERICAN IDOL.” she is that good….
6. our “almost” first female VICE PRESIDENT died over the weekend…GERALDINE FERRARO passed away at the age of 75….
she was the running mate of WALTER MONDALE, who lost the 1984 election to RONALD REAGAN, who won in a landslide….MONDALE was the VICE PRESIDENT of the presidency of JIMMY CARTER….
by the way, WALTER MONDALE is now 83 years old and is back home in MINNESOTA…
7. have you seen the video of PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA trying to get back in the WHITE HOUSE when he got locked out?
it reminds me of the 1990’s when HILLARY CLINTON changed the locks to keep PRESIDENT CLINTON out…ha ha
8. NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY discovered that people who go to church regularly are more likely to be heavier in weight…that’s why my church is now using diet communion wafers!!!
9. LEONARD NIMOY’S original SPOCK ears are being auctioned off….the auctioneer will sound something like this…”LET’S START THE BIDDING ON THE SPOCK EARS…YOU SIR, THE 37 YEAR OLD MAN LIVING IN HIS MOM’S BASEMENT, HOW MUCH DO YOU BID?”
10. LINDSAY LOHAN dropped her last name and wants to be known by a single name….or the last name of DEFENDANT…
11. officials have closed the reptile house at the NEW YORK CITY BRONX ZOO, after a poisonous cobra disappeared from the enclosure….authorities are looking for something cold blooded with it’s fangs out…they accidently arrested the women from “REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NEW YORK.”
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
An old man lived alone in Ireland. He wanted to spade his garden, but it was very hard work. His only son, who would have helped him, was in prison.
The old man wrote a letter to his son and mentioned his predicament. Shortly, he received this reply, “For Heaven’s sake, Dad, don’t dig up the garden, that’s where I buried the GUNS!”
At 4A.M. the next morning, a dozen British soldiers showed up and dug up the entire garden, without finding any guns.
Confused, the old man wrote another note to his son explaining what happened, and asked him what to do next.
His son’s reply was: “Now plant your potatoes Dad, It’s the best I could do at this time.”
HAVE A GREAT MONDAY EVERYBODY..