1. i know that we featured “HOLLYWOOD SQUARES” host PETER MARSHALL a few weeks back, but we need to give him a plug today, because he has a milestone…PETER MARSHALL is 85 years old today…wow….
here’s PETER MARSHALL today on his 85th birthday…
2. also, GOMEZ ADDAMS has a birthday today…well, not GOMEZ, but the man who played him. actor JOHN ASTIN turns 81 today….i always loved his sense of humor, especially when he played a crazy man on NIGHT COURT. he would tell of something stupid he did, or how crazy he feels and then he would say, “BUT I’M FEELING MUCH BETTER NOW.” here’s GOMEZ…
and here’s JOHN ASTIN today on birthday number 81….
3. in our “WHATEVER HAPPENED TO” file for today, we check in on FESTUS…remember him? actor KEN CURTIS played this wonderful character for years on “GUNSMOKE.” FESTUS was MATT DILLON’S counterpart and was the wisecracker of the bunch….
KEN CURTIS was also a cowboy actor before his big break on “GUNSMOKE.”
KEN CURTIS died peacefully in his sleep in FRESNO, CALIFORNIA on april 28th, 1991 at the age of 74…..he was cremated and his ashes were scattered in the COLORADO flatlands…..here’s a later photo of KEN CURTIS…(click on the red ‘x’ to see picture)
4. okay…i’m sorry that i have to say this again, but, THE LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING….man, yesterday people were out in full force, driving about 15-20 miles per hour in the left lane of sixth avenue….so, we were all blocked in either lane by people going the same speed limit…..you hate to be a butthead and honk at them, but it’s almost getting to that point….road rage maybe? ha ha
5. a good friend of mine, and former broadcasting buddy of mine, brought back a memory yesterday that i was telling somebody about around a week ago. BRUCE DOUGHERTY was the news and sports director at KQLX in LISBON, ND while i was up there. one day, BRUCE was over at my place talking to me outside when my HORN STUCK on my car…..and IT WAS LOUD….we had the hood open trying to find the horn so we could rip the wires off of it, and if my memory serves correctly, my neighbor came over and pulled the battery cable off of the battery….WE LAUGHED OUR BUTTS OFF ABOUT THAT….BRUCE was the same one who was with me helping me clean two feet of snow off of my roof one winter when i took a nosedive off of the roof into a five foot pile of snow….i didn’t get hurt at all, but WE LAUGHED OUR BUTTS OFF AGAIN….good memories……
6. i went to bed last night at 7:45pm, and got up this morning at 4:15am….i don’t know why, but lately i’m in desperate need of sleep…maybe my hectic four job schedule has caught up with me…..
7. authorities are still looking for that poisonous cobra that escaped from the BRONX ZOO….don’t worry, after a few days of mingling with residents of THE BRONX, he’s quickly come slithering back…
8. a TEXAS prosecutor says that legendary singer WILLIE NELSON can resolve his marijuana possession charge if he agrees to sing in court…WILLIE said he would be glad to after he sparks up a doobie first….
9. new statistics found that women in RUSSIA have the world’s largest breasts, with the average size being larger than a D-CUP…and here they wasted all that money on the IRON CURTAIN to keep men from leaving….
10. the U.S. east coast and the midwest are experiencing unseasonably cold temperatures for this time of year…or as CHARLIE SHEEN would tell you, “MARCH COMES IN LIKE A LAMB, AND GOES OUT LIKE A LION WHO HAS TIGER BLOOD….WINNING…”
11. JOKE OF THE DAY: (love this one)
A husband comes home one day to find his wife on the porch, bags packed waiting for a taxi.
The husband asked, “Where are you going?”
The wife replied, “I found out I can go to Las Vegas and earn $200.00 for what I give you for free, so I’m going.”
Before the taxi came, the wife turned around and found her husband standing behind her with his bags packed, too.
The wife asked him where he was going.
The husband replied, “With you … I want to see how you are going to survive on $200.00 a month!”
HA HA HA….HAPPY WEDNESDAY EVERYBODY…