HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES ARE GOING OUT TO MY BROTHER TROY…he turns 46 today, and we are actually the same age for exactly one month…that’s right, we were born ELEVEN MONTHS TO THE DAY from each other….what the heck were my parents thinking? ha ha….anyway, TROY AND I were like twins growing up, and we are still very very close. here’s a picture of us when we were small. TROY is on the left… I LOVE YA MAN!!!!
and here’s one of the birthday boy with his beautiful granddaughter BROOKE…TROY and his lovely wife SUE are also new grandparents to AVERY….
1. we also wish HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes to AGNETHA FALTSKOG…don’t know the name? well you do know her…AGNETHA is the beautiful blonde singer in ABBA….she turns 61 today…what guy didn’t have a crush on her? i don’t know many…..
here’s AGNETHA back in her ABBA days…
and here she is today on her 61st birthday…..
here is AGNETHA with MERYL STREEP and her ABBA co-singer FRIDA LYNGSTAD….this is during the premiere of “MAMA MIA.”
AGNETHA is on the left, MERYL is in the middle, and FRIDA is on the right…
2. didn’t you just love FLORENCE on “THE JEFFERSON’S?” she was the maid for GEORGE AND WEEZIE, and was hilarious…FLORENCE was played by actress MARLA GIBBS, and she’s the subject of our “whatever happened to” segment for today…first of all, here are a couple of pictures of her back on the show…
MARLA GIBBS is now 79 years old…after “THE JEFFERSON’S” she was on the tv show “227” where she played the character MARY JENKINS…and by the way, she is still acting today…here’s MARLA GIBBS in some recent pictures….
3. it’s such a shame about the freefall for CHARLIE SHEEN…we watched an episode of “TWO AND A HALF MEN” last night, and it’s such a good show…he is incredibly good on that show. by the way, during his tour this past weekend in DETROIT and CHICAGO, he mentioned the possibility of going back to the show…i would LOVE to hear what his co-stars and creators of the show think of this after he has completely trashed them in recent months.
4. chocolate milk, strawberry milk or regular milk? none for me…turns out i’m lactose intolerant….HOWEVER, when i was younger if i had to choose between those, it was ‘hands down’ CHOCOLATE MILK….nothing better….
5. speaking of chocolate, i have awesome memories of my childhood when we would go sledding and ice skating in the winter time, and when we would walk in the house, MOM had a cup of her delicious hot chocolate with melted marshmallows on the top….INCREDIBLE….and it warmed your tummy right away.
6. well, my summer plans are shot for now…i had big plans of going to MOONDANCE JAM in WALKER, MINNESOTA…they feature three days of great bands to sit and listen to….i had really hoped for a whole bunch of bands from my day, but it didn’t turn out….they are hosting bands like “STONE TEMPLE PILOTS,” “GREAT WHITE”, “CANDLEBOX” and more…the only one that i would drive there to see is “KISS.”…i have never seen them before and would LOVE TO…but it’s a long ways to go for one band….
7. ever since the roof blew off the top of a SOUTHWEST AIRLINES plane, everyone is coming up with brand new slogans for them. how about these:
“SOUTHWEST AIRLINES..YOU ARE NOW FREE TO ROAM THE ATMOSPHERE.”
“SOUTHWEST AIRLINES…WE LOVE THE SKY AND IT SHOWS.” (from JAY LENO)…love those
8. a man from WISCONSIN filed a complaint with the police after two strippers broke a promise to visit him in his hotel room…wow…i can hear the radio call on that one…”ATTENTION OFFICERS…PUT THE HUNT FOR OSAMA BIN LADEN ON HOLD…WE HAVE A CODE RED STRIPPER ALERT!!!”
9. magician and illusionist DAVID BLAINE celebrated his 38th birthday yesterday…his latest stunt was truly remarkable…he made all of our interest in him vanish into thin air.
10. reaction contines to the negative reviews of CHARLIE SHEEN’S “live” shows….the crowd was yelling “WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK.” turns out it was the producers of “TWO AND A HALF MEN.”
11. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A police officer pulls over this guy who’s been weaving in and out of the lanes.
He goes up to the guy’s window and says, “Sir, I need you to blow into this breathalyzer tube.”
The man says, “Sorry, officer, I can’t do that. I am an asthmatic. If I do that, I’ll have a really bad asthma attack.”
“Okay, fine. I need you to come down to the station to give a blood sample.”
“I can’t do that either. I am a hemophiliac. If I do that, I’ll bleed to death.”
“Well, then, we need a urine sample.”
“I’m sorry, officer, I can’t do that either. I am also a diabetic. If I do that, I’ll get really low blood sugar.”
“All right, then I need you to come out here and walk this white line.”
“I can’t do that, officer.”
“Because I’m drunk.”
HAVE A GREAT TUESDAY EVERYBODY…