HAPPY THURSDAY…HOPE YOU’RE “EGG CITED” for the weekend…
1. happy birthday wishes are going out to legendary actor JAMES GARNER, who turns 83 years old today…..this veteran actor has been in a number of hits shows including playing BRET MAVERICK on the tv show “MAVERICK.”
probably his most well known role, and my favorite, was playing JIM ROCKFORD on “THE ROCKFORD FILES.”
would you like to watch an incredibly inspirational movie? JAMES GARNER stars in “THE ULTIMATE GIFT.”
i HIGHLY recommend this movie….it’s about a GRANDFATHER, played by JAMES GARNER, who leaves a video will and his entire fortune to his GRANDSON, if he can get his life cleaned up…AWESOME AWESOME MOVIE…
here’s JAMES GARNER today at the age of 83…..
2. in our “WHATEVER HAPPENED TO” segment, we feature BUDDY EBSEN….
did you know that BUDDY EBSEN was the original choice to play the TIN MAN in my favorite movie “THE WIZARD OF OZ?’…yep…he had to give it up, though, because he almost died after they put the silver paint on him….here’s a picture of BUDDY as THE TIN MAN…
of course, BUDDY EBSEN’S most famous role is that of JED CLAMPETT on “THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES.”..
here he is with co-stars MAX BAER, JR, IRENE RYAN, AND DONNA DOUGLAS…
another show that i LOVED BUDDY EBSEN on was “BARNABY JONES”. he played a detective, and i thought the show was incredibly good….he played BARNABY JONES from 1973-1980…i didn’t realize it was on that long!!
BUDDY EBSEN lived to the ripe old age of 95, and died back in 2003 in TORRANCE, CALIFORNIA….here are a couple of pictures of BUDDY EBSEN in his older years….
3. here’s how brain dead i can be in the morning…ha ha…
the AMERICAN NEWS front page headlines today are this…
“CULVERTS, PUMPS ADRESS FLOODING.”
all i thought was, THEY’RE HAVING FLOODING AT THE RESTRAUNT?
then about fifteen minutes later while looking at it again, i realized it was “CULVERTS”, and not “CULVERS.”
i shouldn’t even admit this!!
4. alright, i’ve kept my mouth shut so far on the NFL LOCKOUT….the owners and NFL players are fighting over a few million dollars, and the owners have locked out the players…here’s my take…
THE OWNERS AND PLAYERS DON’T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT US FANS….
i think that’s obvious…they’re all money hungry, cash grabbing, greedy people….we all thought the NFL was about us, turns out it’s all about a bunch of millionaires fighting over more millions…BIG SHOCK, HUH?
5. here’s something from the HOLLYWOOD rumor mill….
RAY ROMANO is going to appear on the final season episode of my favorite show, “THE OFFICE.”
well, the rumor mill says that RAY ROMANO is going to replace STEVE CARRELL as the boss on the hit show….
CARRELL is leaving the show after this season after starring as the boss, MICHAEL SCOTT…he was absolutely AWESOME as the boss. i’ve heard numerous names up for the role, but RAY ROMANO is by far the best name i have heard….
6. what are my plans for my week off? going to FARGO with some friends from HECLA, talking to students at LANGFORD HIGH SCHOOL on tuesday, confirmation and lenten services wednesday, and in between those times and after wednesday night, PLOPPING MY BUTT ON THE COUCH, so that my body imprints our couch by late in the weekend…i need some sleep and rest, and hopefully i can get it….
7. i’m going to be watching a couple of new channels on our cable tv….there are two new channels that carry old shows like “HAPPY DAYS”, “DOOGIE HOWSER”, “H.R. PUFINSTUFF” and others…i love the retro stuff…
8. some parents at an elementary school in HENRICO, VIRGINIA are very upset that a plastic surgeon visited on career day and let the students feel a BREAST IMPLANT…they’re probably upset because it was inside his assistant, MINDY….
9. GLENN BECK has announced that he’s ending his daily FOX NEWS show….apparently it’s hard to be a ranting nut on tv after CHARLIE SHEEN set the bar so doggone high….
10. speaking of CHARLIE SHEEN, he has coined the word “SHEENIUS.” i prefer my new word, “SHEEDIOT.”
11. BRISTOL PALIN was paide more than $260,000 dollars for advocating teen abstinence in 2009….apparently the kids got a lot of “bang for their buck.” oh wait…scratch that…
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A Man goes to see the Rabbi. “Rabbi, something terrible is happening and I have to talk to you about it.”
The Rabbi asked, “What’s wrong?”
The man replied, “My wife is poisoning me.”
The Rabbi, very surprised by this, asks, “I’m sure you’re wrong.”
The man pleads, “I’m telling you, I’m certain she’s poisoning me. What should I do?”
The Rabbi then offers, “Tell you what, let me talk to her. I’ll see what I can find out and I’ll let you know.”
A week later the Rabbi calls the man and says, “Well, I spoke to your wife. I spoke to her on the phone for three hours. You want my advice?”
The man anxiously says, “Yes, please.”
“Take the poison!”
OKAY, HOW ‘BOUT THIS ONE …..
“I’m so worried,” the elderly patient said as the nurse plumped up his pillows.
“Last week, I read about a man who was in the hospital because of heart trouble, and he died of the West Nile virus.”
“Relax,” the nurse said smiling. “This is a first-rate hospital. When we treat someone for heart trouble, he dies of heart trouble.”
HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY..