HAPPY THURSDAY EVERYBODY…
1. happy birthday wishes are going out to actor CHARLES GRODIN…he turns 76 today….remember him?
here’s CHARLES GRODIN today on his 76th birthday….
2. guess who else has a birthday today? TONY DANZA…guess how old he turns today? are you ready for this? SIXTY…YEP..TONY DANZA IS 60…..here’s a couple of early pictures of him, including one with the cast of his hit tv show “WHO’S THE BOSS.”
here’s TONY DANZA today at 60….
3. i can’t remember from day to day who i have featured, so bear with me if i repeat myself….you know, i’ll be 47 on may 5th, so things are slipping….ha ha
today we’re going to find out whatever happened to actor JAMES ARNESS who played MATT DILLON on “GUNSMOKE.”
JAMES ARNESS played the role of MATT DILLON for over TWENTY YEARS….he also came back for a couple of reunion shows for ‘GUNSMOKE.’
did you know that JAMES ARNESS was born in MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA? yep…and did you know that he is the brother of “MISSION IMPOSSIBLE” star PETER GRAVES? that’s true, too…here’s PETER GRAVES in case you forgot him…
JAMES ARNESS is alive and well at the age of 87…..here he is today…
4. i saw a funny headline in the AMERICAN NEWS thursday morning edition this morning….it was in the out and about section….here’s the headline…
“SIX STUDENTS FINISH IN THE TOP FOUR.”
ha ha ha….i know there were different categories and such, but it just struck me funny how six people could take four places….anyway, it’s probably just my demented sense of humor….
5. i’ve never understood the backlash from people on spam…
spam, of course, is made in AUSTIN, MINNESOTA….when i was younger, there was nothing like a fried spam sandwich with tons of MIRACLE WHIP….but it seems like spam is the butt of jokes among comedians and other people….many people say that they have no idea what it’s made of, and why it’s even made…spam is made from chopped pork shoulder meat, with ham added, plus salt, water, and more….the only thing i hate about spam is the JELLY LIKE SUBSTANCE when you open the can…grosses me out…
6. things are really starting to hit home about MITCHELL’S upcoming graduation, and our home being empty next fall…last night JEANNIE AND I started stuffing envelopes with his graduation announcements in them…..this next month is going to be tough on this old boy…
7. FIRST LADY MICHELLE OBAMA’S plane had to abort it’s landing to avoid colliding with a cargo plane…the air traffic controller was so shook up that he couldn’t get back to sleep….
8. it was reported that 45 percent of 2009 college graduatees earned $15,000 dollars or less in 2010…FIFTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS OR LESS IN A YEAR…WOW….i had no idea that so many people got into radio!!!!
9. a company in GREAT BRITAIN has created a beer laced with VIAGRA…yep….it’s name? BUD-RISER……(now that’s funny.)
10. CHARLIE SHEEN will not have full custody of his twin kids…now, when CHARLIE tells his porn star girlfriends that he wants to play with the twins, he…….oh, never mind…
11. in GERMANY, a speeding driver was ticketed THREE TIMES IN TWENTY THREE MINUTES…do you know what that means? the idiot evidently wasn’t driving fast enough….
12. in AMMON, IDAHO, a GOAT wandered into a MUSIC STORE….that’s shocking…you mean we still have music stores? maybe the goat was trying to find some new music for his kids….
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A man went to church one day and afterward he stopped to shake the preacher’s hand. He says, “Preacher, I’ll tell you, that was a damned fine sermon. Damned good!”
The preacher says, “Thank you sir, but I’d rather you didn’t use profanity.”
The man says, “I was so damned impressed with that sermon I put five thousand dollars in the offering plate!”
The preacher says, “Well I’ll be damn!”
OKAY, HOW ‘BOUT ……
A group of Americans was traveling by tour bus through Holland. As they stopped at a cheese farm, a young guide led them through the process of cheese making, explaining that goat’s milk was used. She showed the group a lovely hillside where many goats were grazing.
“These” she explained, “Are the older goats put out to pasture when they no longer produce.”
She then asked, “What do you do in America with your old goats?”
A spry old gentleman answered, “They pack up and move to FLORIDA…”
HAVE A GREAT MAUNDY THURSDAY….