HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYBODY….
1. happy birthday wishes are going out to singer GLEN CAMPBELL. this weekend GLEN will be turning 75 years old…that is unbeleiveable…..75 this weekend….
GLEN CAMPBELL is one of my favorite singers of all time. i’ve loved just about everything he put out..”GALVESTON”, “BY THE TIME I GET TO PHOENIX,” “GENTLE ON MY MIND, “, “TRY A LITTLE KINDNESS,” and my all time favorite GLEN CAMPBELL song, “COUNTRY BOY, (YOUVE GOT YOUR FEET IN L.A.)….here’s GLEN back in his younger years…
and here’s GLEN CAMPBELL today on his 75th birthday…
2. what would a GLEN CAMPBELL tribute be without hearing a couple of his songs?
here’s my favorite…”COUNTRY BOY, (YOU’VE GOT YOUR FEET IN L.A.)
and here’s “GALVESTON”….
3. thanks to one of our great listeners and readers in BRITTON, we’re going to check out a former DISNEY star…..remember actor TOMMY KIRK? he played OLD YELLER’S master in the classic movie….
he played the dog in “THE SHAGGY DOG,” plus “SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON, ” “THE ABSENT MINDED PROFESSOR”, and “SON OF FLUBBER.”
here’s TOMMY KIRK today…
man, does ‘DANNO” from “HAWAII FIVE O” get around…here’s TOMMY KIRK with the late actor JAMES MACARTHUR.
4. in our “WHATEVER HAPPENED TO” file for today, we check up on BEA ARTHUR….
she of course, was best known in her early career as playing “MAUDE FINLEY” on the hit tv show “MAUDE.” i have watched reruns of this show, and i forgot how BORDERLINE this show was with it’s content…
look at the stars that came off the tv show “MAUDE.” ADRIENNE BARBEAU, RUE MCLANAHAN, BILL MACY, and CONRAD BAIN…”MAUDE” of course, was a spinoff of “ALL IN THE FAMILY” where she played EDITH BUNKER’S cousin…
BEA ARTHUR is also well known as one of the “GOLDEN GIRLS.”
BEA ARTHUR died on april 25th, 2009 at the age of 86….didn’t remember that she died on JEANNIE and my anniversary…which is coming up monday….
here’s BEA ARTHUR in her later years…
5. is there any more gross than spinach and asparagus? i don’t think there is……i remember as a kid that MOM AND DAD would make us sit at the table until we choked it down….i remember up chucking once after eating spinach….i like being older, because now nobody makes me eat that junk…
6. looks like the weather is going to cooperate this easter weekend…we’re looking for sunshine both saturday and sunday, with highs in the low 60’s by easter sunday…but, of course, it won’t last. more rain is set for this next week….
7. i don’t think i have ever seen a period where there’s not a movie that i would sit thru at the theaters…..very disappointing…the only movie that i would remotely sit thru is coming out tonight…it’s called ‘WATER FOR ELEPHANTS.’
8. a bar in TACOMA, WASHINGTON canceled it’s weekly goldfish races after PETA protested that they were cruel to fish….the fish have now been safely flushed down the toilet…….
9. KID ROCK said that he regrets the stage name he chose now that he’s 40…there are worse things than being a 40 year old kid…how about being a 63 year old MEAT LOAF….
10. as kids get pumped up for searching for easter eggs this weekend, actor NICHOLAS CAGE will get drunk and search for his house…
11. the producers of “GLEE” are upset with an actress for giving away secret plot developments of an upcoming episode…let me guess…THEY ALL SING…
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
An office worker urgently needed a few days off work, but knew the boss would not allow him to take leave. He thought that maybe if he acted “CRAZY” then the boss would tell him to take a few days off.
So he hung upside down on the ceiling and made funny noises.
His co-worker (who’s blonde) asked what he was doing.
He told her that he was pretending to be a light bulb so that the boss would think he was “CRAZY” and give him a few days off.
A few minutes later the boss came into the office and asked “What are you doing?”
The worker told him he was a light bulb.
The boss said “You are clearly stressed out. Go home and recuperate for a couple of days”.
The worker jumped down and walked out of the office.
When his co-worker (the blonde) followed him, the boss asked her “And where do you think you’re going?”
She said: “I’m going home too, I can’t work in the dark!
HAVE A GREAT EASTER WEEKEND EVERYBODY…