MY COMPUTER SAYS THAT THIS IS POST NUMBER 1,000…HOW ABOUT THAT?
HAPPY THURSDAY EVERYBODY!!!!!
1. you’re not going to beleive this, but beautiful actress ANN MARGRET is 70 years old today!!! SEVENTY…wow…and she still looks good….here’s the little hottie years ago…
and here’s the 70 year old birthday girl today….the first one is with actor JOHN LITHGOW….
2. let’s find out whatever happened to “OLE DOC BAKER” from “LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE.” DOC was played by actor KEVIN HAGEN, who before acting, worked in the U.S. STATE DEPARTMENT in GERMANY….he also went to law school, and then at the age of 27 decided to try his hand at acting….KEVIN’S first big role was on the show “YANCY DERRINGER”, back in 1958….
of course, KEVIN HAGEN is best known as DR. HIRAM BAKER on “LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE.”
KEVIN HAGEN continued to act, until he died at the age of 77 on my son MITCHELL’S birthday, july 9th, 2005…here he is in his later years…
here is KEVIN HAGEN’S gravesite…
3. last night i was in OAKES for a family service for one of my church people, and on the way up, i couldn’t BELIEVE the water…my goodness…even on highway one, you have to drive thru water to get thru it…..i also saw roads that were completely under, that people had to drive slowly thru to get home…..from what i hear, the CLAREMONT area is even worse….we have to hope and pray for some warm dry weather…..
4. i was going to write about this a couple of weeks ago, and i forgot to…..a couple of weekends back, some friends of ours joined JEANNIE AND ME at ANCHORS AWAY at RICHMOND LAKE…we’ve heard all kind of good things about them, so we thought we would try it out….FANTASTIC….great atmosphere, great service, and really delicious food….i recommend ANCHORS AWAY….
5. one of my favorite ‘treats” that i’m not supposed to have is the frosties at WENDY’S…love love love them…i usually get the kids cup, just enough to satisfy me, and not too much to make me sick….being i’m not supposed to have milk or chocolate…
6. speaking of restraunts, my favorite fries in town? easy…MCDONALD’S….WENDY’S used to have incredible fries, but a couple of people have told me that they changed thier fries and they’re not too nuts about them…i’ll have to judge for myself…
7. there were SNOW SHOWERS at TARGET FIELD last night during the TWINS and RAYS baseball game…the announcers on the radio said that this was a first for TARGET FIELD….we really need spring to get here…..
8. PRESIDENT OBAMA had a press conference about his birth certificate where the certificate was shown to the public….PRESIDENT OBAMA closed his press conference by saying that he had much bigger and better things to do than worry about this…..he then went to the oval office for a few games of MADDEN 2011…..
9. in the first news conference ever by a fed chairman, BEN BERNANKE predicted slow economic growth and a rise in inflation….WE NEEDED A PRESS CONFERENCE TO FIND THIS OUT?
10. there are 72,000 people in the UNITED STATES who are at least ONE HUNDRED YEARS OLD….and most of them are driving in front of me on sixth avenue….
11. LINDSAY LOHAN told JAY LENO that in six years, she can see herself sitting on a couch holding an OSCAR…so, apparently LINDSAY plans to steal JAY’S couch, and GWYNETH PALTROW’S OSCAR….
12. BRITISH police say that royal wedding guests will have to pass thru a security checkpoint…do we really want to see a full body scan of ELTON JOHN?
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A married couple in their early 60s were celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary in a quiet, romantic little restaurant.
Suddenly, a tiny yet beautiful fairy appeared on their table.
She said, “For being such an exemplary married couple and for being loving to each other for all this time, I will grant you each a wish.”
The wife answered, “Oh, I want to travel around the world with my darling husband.”
The fairy waved her magic wand and – poof! – two tickets for the Queen Mary II appeared in her hands.
The husband thought for a moment: “Well, this is all very romantic, but an opportunity like this will never come again. I’m sorry my love, but my wish is to have a wife 30 years younger than me.”
The wife, and the fairy, were deeply disappointed, but a wish is a wish.
So the fairy waved her magic wand and poof!… the husband became 92 years old.
HAVE A WONDERFUL THURSDAY EVERYBODY…