SO, JUST EXACTLY HOW EXCITED ARE YOU THAT IT’S FRIDAY?
AND HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT TODAY BEING FRIDAY THE 13TH?
1. well, yesterday we featured the kids from “EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND”, so today being it’s FRIDAY THE 13TH, let’s check out the kids from “THE ADDAMS FAMILY.” remember WEDNESDAY AND PUGSLEY?
ladies first…LISA LORING starred as WEDNESDAY and was a cast member of “AS THE WORLD TURNS” from 1981-1983 where she played a character named ‘CRICKET’…..LISA LORING is now 53 years old….
KEN WEATHERWAX starred as PUGSLEY….to this day, KEN goes around to autograph sessions for former child stars and classic tv shows…..he is now 55 years old….
2. while looking thru our movie cupboard the other day, i came across my box set of “LITTLE RASCALS” movies…i used to LOVE those guys and girls…today we’re going to find out what happened to a couple of the kids…first of all, it’s SPANKY…actor GEORGE “SPANKY” MCFARLAND played the character…
GEORGE “SPANKY” MCFARLAND is one of the rare actors who embraced his character for all of his life…many childhood stars are angry that they are “typecast” as that character, but not GEORGE….he continued to meet fans and sign autographs up until his death in 1993 at the age of 64 due to sudden cardiac arrest….he was cremated….here’s SPANKY in his later years..
3. things didn’t quite work out so well for CARL “ALFALFA” SWITZER….”ALFALFA” was one of the main characters on the “LITTLE RASCALS”, and CARL knew it….he was blacklisted by producers after his infamous temper tantrums, pranks, and arrogance on the stage…..his dad always fought with other dads over the stagetime that he was recieving…one time, ALFALFA peed on some stage lighting right before production was to start…when they turned on the lights, it stunk so bad in there that they had to cancel the filming…
CARL “ALFALFA” SWITZER met an untimely death back in 1959 at the age of 31….
Prior to a hunting guide job, Switzer had borrowed a hunting dog from Moses “Bud” Stiltz. When the dog was lost, Switzer offered a $50 reward for the dog’s return. A man found the dog a few days later and brought it to the bar where Switzer was working. Switzer paid the man $35 and bought him $15 worth of drinks from the bar. Several days later on January 21, 1959, Switzer and his friend Jack Piott decided that Stiltz owed $50 paid to the man who found the dog. The pair allegedly arrived drunk at Stiltz’s home in Mission Hills to collect the money Stiltz “owed” Switzer.
He banged on Stiltz’s front door, demanding, “Let me in, or I’ll kick in the door.” Once Switzer was inside the home, he and Stiltz got into an argument. Switzer informed Stiltz that he wanted the money owed him, saying “I want that 50 bucks you owe me now, and I mean now.” When Stiltz refused to hand over the money, the two engaged in a fight. Piott allegedly struck Stiltz in the head with a glass-domed clock, which caused him to bleed from his left eye. Stiltz retreated to his bedroom and returned holding a .38-caliber revolver, but Switzer immediately grabbed the gun away from him, resulting in a shot being fired that hit the ceiling. Switzer then forced Stiltz into a closet, despite Stiltz having gotten his hands back on the gun. Switzer then allegedly pulled a switchblade knife and screamed, “I’m going to kill you” and was attempting to stab him with it, but just as Switzer was about to charge Stiltz, Stiltz raised the gun and shot Switzer in the groin. Switzer suffered massive internal bleeding and was pronounced dead on arrival at the hospital.[
here’s ALFALFA in his later years…
and here’s his gravesite….
4. WOW WHAT A NIGHT LAST NIGHT…another finality to our son MITCHELL’S high school career happened last night…MITCHELL is just like his PAPA in the fact that he loved band and chorus…it was a very emotional night as the WARNER BAND did a tribute to soldiers, including a video of coming home celebrations for soldiers and their kids….and then right after that they had the senior recognition with the parents…WHO THE HECK PLANNED THAT TOGETHER? i had tons of tears last night, but held it together….we’re so proud of MITCHELL…he is exceptional drummer….
5. speaking of the WARNER BAND, i brag them up all the time, because for a small school, they have an INCREDIBLE band…and tons of kids in it, too…last night while the band was playing, only 4 or 5 kids were sitting on the bleachers waiting for the chorus to sing….here’s another great compliment to SHARON SCHWAN and the band…today, the WOLSEY WESSINGTON band is coming to WARNER to hear a private concert by our band…the band director at their school wants the kids to hear what can happen when you work your tail off in band….isn’t that cool?
6. i informed JEANNIE last night, that thru our weekend of getting ready for graduation, i want to take a break and go to a movie….it’s the movie “BRIDESMAIDS” coming out tonight…it’s supposed to be the female ‘HANGOVER’ movie….it looks hilarious….
one of the stars is KRISTEN WIIG of “SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE”…i truly cannot stand some of her characters on SNL, but she looks absolutely gorgeous and very funny in this movie…
7. select members of CONGRESS were allowed to see the death photos of OSAMA BIN LADEN…they said it’s definetly him, although the camera adds A FEW ROUNDS…
8. a drunk driver in MOSCOW became a YOUTUBE sensation after police videotaped him trying to use a pack of cigarettes to make a phone call…it’s an honest mistake…because today a pack of cigarettes costs about the same as a cell phone….
9. it was announced that WILL FERRELL will recieve this year’s MARK TWAIN PRIZE FOR AMERICAN HUMOR at the KENNEDY CENTER….in a related story, both JOHN F. KENNEDY AND MARK TWAIN rose from the grave to demand that their names be removed from this thing…
10. JUSTIN BIEBER vomited on stage during a concert monday night…now he knows what i go thru when i hear him on the radio….
11. DONALD TRUMP denied having a combover and said his hairdo is the result of shampooing with “head and shoulders” and letting it dry naturally…in a related story, “head and shoulders” just went bankrupt……
12. JOKE OF THE DAY: (you’ll like this one)
For several months, her phone rang off the hook, her doorbell was ringing constantly, she received tons of mail … all to no avail. None of the men seemed to meet her qualifications.
Then one day the doorbell rang yet again. She opened the door to find a man, with no arms and no legs, lying on the welcome mat.
Perplexed, she asked, “Who are you and what do you want?”
“Hi,” said the man “Your search is over, for I am the man of your dreams. I’ve got no arms, so I can’t beat you up and I’ve got no legs, so I can’t run away.”
The old woman asked, “What makes you think you’re so great in bed?”
To which he replied, “I rang the doorbell, didn’t I?
WOW…HA HA…HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYBODY…