THIS WAS MY LUCK AS A CHILD…..
1. happy birthday wishes are going out to actress SALLY KELLERMAN who turns 74 years old today…SALLY is mostly known for playing the original MARGARET HOOLIHAN in the M*A*S*H movie…not the tv show, the movie from 1970….here’s a couple of photos of her in the early days and on the M*A*S*H set…
and here is SALLY KELLERMAN with M*A*S*H movie co-stars ELLIOT GOULD and DONALD SUTHERLAND….
here she is guest starring on STAR TREK…
here’s SALLY KELLERMAN today at 74…..by the way, it’s amazing how much SALLY looks like LORETTA SWIT, who played HOOLIHAN on the tv show….
2. today we’re going to find out whatever happened to funnyman DOM DELUISE….DOM had a lot of roles in his lifetime, usually as the funny sidekick to the likes of BURT REYNOLDS and many others…DOM appeared in movies like “THE GLASS BOTTOM”, “SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT”, and the “CANNONBALL RUN” movie series….here’s an early picture of DOM DELUISE…
DOM was also known for his cooking prowess….very talented in the kitchen….even had cookbooks that he sold on tv and elsewhere…DOM DELUISE died may 4th, 2009 at the age of 75….his ashes were buried with his parents in NEW YORK CITY…here are some later day photos of DOM…
3. by the way, did you know that DOM had a famous son, too? that’s right…his son PETER DELUISE starred in the hit tv show “21 JUMP STREET” alongside JOHNNY DEPP…
4. well, i got up this morning at 3:30 to watch part of “THE LATE LATE SHOW WITH CRAIG FERGUSON”, to see if he used the e-mail i sent him…he didn’t….HOWEVER, he did throw about three of them on the floor and wouldn’t read them…I’M SURE MINE WAS IN THERE…ha ha
5. tomorrow’s blog will be the last one for TWO WEEKS…yep..i’m taking a church sabbatical for two weeks and am heading west to get some relaxation, peace of mind, and spiritual education…..can’t wait…will be lots of fun…..i will, however, most likely update my blog periodically with stuff going on where i’m at….
6. how about game one of the STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS? it’s the BOSTON BRUINS taking on the VANCOUVER CANUCKS….me and the boys are all cheering for VANCOUVER…last night it was a zero zero deadlock until EIGHTEEN SECONDS LEFT IN THE GAME…that’s when VANCOUVER snuck one thru the goalie…the place went CRAZY…
7. we had steaks on our TREGER grill last night, and NOBODY, BUT NOBODY can make a steak like my boy MITCHELL…he loves to grill, and every time he does, new and different seasonings are added to the meat…last night’s steaks were INCREDIBLE…so delicious, so tender, so awesome…by the way, the TREGER grill is the best grill we’ve ever owned…..we will never own another brand than this one..it’s a wood chip grill…you can buy one at dakota hot tubs….
8. congressman ANTHONY WEINER allegedly tweeted a racy photo of himself to a 21 year old woman….he was just showing her how he was going to raise the debt ceiling….(are you shocked he sent a picture? just check out his name!!)
9. YOUTUBE says that 48 hours of video are being uploaded to their site every minute….it seems impossible that TWO DAYS can fit into ONE MINUTE…unless you’re listening to my morning show…then it just FEELS like it….
10. scientists are working on a drug that can erase bad memories…don’t we already have one? it’s called bourbon….
11. a school teacher in PENNSYLVANIA is in hot water for taking her students on a field trip…that’s okay, it’s just where she took them for lunch…HOOTERS….that’s okay though…the kids wanted to see some natural wonders, and they did….
12. after photos appeared of JUSTIN BIEBER kissing SELENA GOMEZ in HAWAII and squeezing her rear end, GOMEZ is now getting death threats from JUSTIN’S fans….they plan to shoot her to death with the rubber bands from their retainers….
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A guy falls asleep on the beach for several hours and gets a horrible sunburn. He is taken to the hospital by ambulance and is promptly admitted after being diagnosed with second degree burns.
With his skin already starting to blister, and noting the severe pain he is in, the doctor prescribes continuous intravenous feeding with saline, electrolytes, a sedative, and a Viagra pill every four hours.
The nurse, who is rather astounded, asks, “What good will Viagra do for him now, Doctor?”
“It’ll keep the sheets off his legs.”
WOW….HA HA….ENJOY YOUR THURSDAY EVERYBODY…