HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SUMMER EVERYBODY…..
1. happy birthday wishes today are going out to actor BERNIE KOPELL, who played DR. ADAM BRICKER on “LOVE BOAT.” believe it or not, BERNIE is pushing 80…he turns 78 today…you remember him, right?
and here’s BERNIE KOPELL today on his 78th birthday…
2. this is awfully cool…actors MICHAEL GROSS and MEREDITH BAXTER played STEVE AND ELYSE KEATON, the mom and dad on “FAMILY TIES.”
well, oddly enough, they celebrate the same birthday…TODAY…but even weirder? THEY ARE THE SAME AGE….MICHAEL GROSS and MEREDITH BAXTER both turn 64 years old today….CONGRATS GANG….here they are recently with MICHAEL J. FOX, and his lovely wife, TRACY POLLAN….
3. in our “whatever happened to” file for today, we see what happened to comedian PHYLLIS DILLER….she has been a staple in the comedy business since the 60’s, and is still going strong…
PHYLLIS DILLER, of course, is known for her zaniness….
PHYLLIS DILLER is still out there doing public appearances and a few shows, even though she is now 93 years old…here she is recently…
4. i had a lot of fun last night…i had the honor of returning to one of my former churches to see some of the flock i had to leave behind. last night, i was asked to come to ST. JAMES LUTHERAN IN LEOLA to talk about a new organization that my churches in HECLA AND HOUGHTON have joined…it was so nice seeing so many people that i haven’t seen since i left there over seven years ago…..
5. one of the best things about being home? SLEEPING IN MY OWN BED….i didn’t sleep the best in COLORADO, but waking up looking at the mountains took away the pain of no sleep…..but there is NOTHING…and i mean NOTHING, like sleeping in your own bed and showering in your own shower….
6. i did something out in COLORADO that i haven’t done in years…i sat in a laundromat and washed all of my clothes…i had a BLAST…hadn’t done that since the early years of our marriage….i decided to wash all my clothes from my two week stay, so when i got home, i could just put everything away and be done….great idea, by the way…
7. it’s amazing what a two week retreat will do for a person..i feel like a new person…my mind is so clear…i can breathe, and i’m excited to have a full day to do things…i don’t think i clearly know how bad i needed that retreat….
8. PRESIDENT OBAMA is raising re-election money by raffling off a dinner with him for five dollars per ticket…ten per ticket if you want JOE BIDEN to serve it and lick your plate clean…
9. PRESIDENT OBAMA played golf with house speaker JOHN BOEHNER over the weekend…and now DONALD TRUMP’S in an uproar….he’s demanding that the PRESIDENT prove he’s a golfer and produce an authentic score card….
10. NEWT GINGRICH is promising an october suprise from his campaign….i’ll bet the suprise will be that he’s still in the race….
11. JOHNSON AND JOHNSON is recalling 40,000 bottles of RISPERDAL, a medication that treats schizophrenia…..all i can say is that i don’t need schizophrenia medication…and neither do i…..
12. 30,000 people were dumped from the dating website BEAUTIFULPEOPLE.COM, after a computer virus allowed people who were “less than beautiful” to join…then again, who’d want to date less than beautiful people who have a virus?
13. AL QAEDA’S new leader is actually a doctor…yep…and he’s angry at the U.S. government, because the last leader died under OBAMACARE…..
14. MEL GIBSON is apparently now dating a girl who wears the black “goth” look….PERFECT…she wears all black, and he blacks out after drinking….
15. this weekend in NEW YORK CITY was the debut of a new opera based on the life of FORMER PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON…and to keep in sync with MR. CLINTON, the opera wasn’t over until the fat lady’s blue dressed was ruined….
16. JOKE OF THE DAY:
An old miser, because of his exceptional thrift, had no friends. Just before he died he called his doctor, lawyer and minister together around his bedside.
“I always heard you can’t take it with you, but I am going to prove you can,” he said. “I have $90,000 in cash under my mattress. It’s in three envelopes of $30,000 each. I want each of you to take one envelope now and just before they throw the dirt on me you throw the envelopes in.”
The three attended the funeral and each threw his envelope into the grave. On the way back from the cemetery, the minister said, “I don’t feel exactly right, I am going to confess, I needed $10,000 badly for a new church we are building, so I took out $10,000 and threw only $20,000 in the grave.”
The doctor said, “I, too, must confess. I am building a clinic and took $20,000 and threw in only $10,000.”
The lawyer said, “Gentlemen, I’m surprised, shocked and ashamed of you. I don’t see how you could hold out that money. I threw in my personal check for the full amount.”
HAVE A TERRIFIC TUESDAY EVERYBODY…STAY DRY…